Old Video of Monorail Going Through EPCOT Center

kcnole

Man I really wish there was a way to just jump into those videos and go back in time. That was a wonderful time in Epcot history. Horizons and World of Motion are still there, and somewhere in that park that day is my all time favorite entertainment ever. Future Corps.

dixiegirl

Man I really wish there was a way to just jump into those videos and go back in time. That was a wonderful time in Epcot history. Horizons and World of Motion are still there, and somewhere in that park that day is my all time favorite entertainment ever. Future Corps.

I'm surprised Disney has'nt done that yet with a ride...As far as going back in time to how the park use to be:)cry:) god I miss that old stuff!!!..Great videos by the way!!!!

It was nice to see Spaceship earth without those stupid blocks of stones in the way!!!!

echoscot

Wow at the end of the second video "welcome to Epcot '94". I had forgotten about them changing the name like that every year for a while...

montyz81

I miss that epcot. I remember going in March of 83 which was 6 months after it opened. Horizons was not open yet and a few of the lands where even done. I was 12 years old and to me at that age epcot was the most fascinating place to be. I liked it better then MK (accept for SM and POTC). I know Disney has been trying to increase attendee count for Epcot since then, but I would love to be able to go back to the original EC that Disney Himself helped pioneer. The Epcot of today does not try to educate and showcase as much of the future as it used to. It is such a shame! That said, I heard a little girl in the background of that video say a few times "This is Boring". So I understand why Disney did what they did to Epcot. I still wish it would go back to the original though!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
amen to that.

i did notice more trees. might be my imagination though

Thiger

is it me or did EPCOT just seem much more impressive in those days?

Those buildings were like Pyramids and today's buildings are like bungalows (not that there's anything wrong with that)

*sigh* I miss horizons

Little Green Men

Original Poster
Yeah I really liked the videos. I wish I could go in a time machine and go to EPCOT Center circa 1993 or before. Mostly because I don't remember much about the original Epcot. I do like it now though, it would just be cool if I could see it's original form once.

imamouse

At the end of the 1994 video the spiel says, "Thanks for traveling with us and we hope you enjoy your visit to Epcot 94."

When they dropped the 'center' from the name, they added the year, but only for a couple of years. I believe it was Epcot 94 and Epcot 95 before it became simply Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom