Old Pleasure Island Club A/V Equipment

hardcard

Original Poster
Just thought I'd let everyone know.. For the clubs that HAVE been gutted.. Disney just donated a truck load of lighting (stage/strobe, etc) and audio/video equipment to the winter garden theater.. Just saw it all with my own eyes today, and all of it is tagged with 'Resort Entertainment' inventory tags, as well as the occasional 'Pleasure Island' and 'PI' tags.....

Just though everyone would be interested in this... pallets and pallets and PALLETS of equipment, speakers, cabling, mixing boards, light panels, etc..

Good to see they didn't just trash it all

MyLittleAngels

It was speakers, amps, mixing boards, nodding buckets, mirror based .. If it can be used to produce lights or sound, it was there. Great giant piles of equipment spread all over the facility.

And sorry, no pics ... This was inside the Winter Garden Theater during a tour. We felt it would be inappropriate to take pictures considering we were already intruding on a company's space, seeing as how the play "I Do, I Do" is currently in production in the theater. We were given access to their green room, dressing rooms, and rehearsal space, which was full of their personal equipment, as well. The lady giving the tour said that some of it would be usable for the theater, and what wasn't would be passed on to other not-for-profit theaters. They also said that due to the extreme amount of donated equipment, they had yet to find a place to go with all of it (not, of course, that they were complaining ... Disney was very generous with their donation ... They just hadn't yet had the chance to sort and find space for it all).

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
so our million dollar light show from mannequins is being donated. ::sigh:: maybe we can buy it from the theater

TheDisneyMagic

so our million dollar light show from mannequins is being donated. ::sigh:: maybe we can buy it from the theater

Most probably not, when the time comes / if the time comes that any of the clubs are brought back they would most definately invest in new equipment.

Glad to see they have donated it to a good cause.

CityOfIndustry

What was donated was equipment that Disney decided was no longer useful or was just taking up space.

Much of the lights from the Manniequins light show is now at Epcot; its now installed at places like America Gardens Theatre, World Showplace, and Odyssey.

Disney also sent equipment to countless other venues across the property.

From what I understand Manniequins, 8Trax, and Comedy Warehouse have been gutted and the Manniequins dance floor is gone. The rest are still in tact for conventions.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I can verify CW being almost entirely stripped and 8-trax as well cuz you can see in the windows.

Now the dance floor at mannequins...I sure hope not. I can tell you there is still a mannequin hanging from the second floor balcony near the bathrooms.

I can verify CW being almost entirely stripped and 8-trax as well cuz you can see in the windows.

Now the dance floor at mannequins...I sure hope not. I can tell you there is still a mannequin hanging from the second floor balcony near the bathrooms.

I wonder what happened with all that stuff from the walls of CW...I would definitely buy some of that stuff...so much old Disney attraction and hotel signage, etc...it'd be sweet to have some of that at the house...

hrcollectibles

I wonder what happened with all that stuff from the walls of CW...I would definitely buy some of that stuff...so much old Disney attraction and hotel signage, etc...it'd be sweet to have some of that at the house...

I myself would like to know what happened to the memorabilia that covered the walls of the Comedy Warehouse (the best place on the Island, in my opinion).

Lee

Adventurer
Remember when Vari-Lite was the top dog? Then High End came out with their units and then Martin.
Oh, man...yeah.
I remember looking at Vari-Lites with much awe back in the '80s.:lol:
We spoke in hushed tones about how you couldn't buy them...only rent them.:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom