Old MGM Restaurant

AKQJ10

Original Poster
Does anyone know the name of the restaurant that used to be in Disney MGM Studios that was nearthe Voyage of the Little Mermaid (across from the entrance) and had an "Aladdin" theme? I know they had character meals there with Aladdin, Jafar, Jasmine, etc., but I can't find a refernce to it anywhere.

Thanks for the help! (And if you do find it, I'd appreciate letting me know the refernce materials you used [so I an get them myself]) :lol: :D

THANKS!!

maelstrom

I remember the restaurant, but I don't remember it's name. Maybe it was something like Aladdin's Oasis or something. Sorry. :(

meeko_33785

It was the Soundstage Restaurant. It's actually had a bunch of themes over the years. First it was "Big Business" with Bette Middler (no characters though), then "Beauty and the Beast", then "Aladdin", then both "Aladdin" and "Pocahontas" and then a combination of films from the 1990s (B&B, Aladdin, Poca, HoND, Lion King, etc.). I always enjoyed this restaurant. It was an interesting theme and, of course, the characters were great.

Badger Brent

This was our 1st character lunch/dinner ever. We came by it in 1998 and had a great meal and time. The pictures of this are timeless. I hadn't thought of the soundstage rest. in awhile. Thanks for kindling the memories.:wave:

AKQJ10

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies! NOW I remember it (duh)...

Playhouse Disney Live!, is located where the Soundstage Restaurant used to be (known as "Soundstage 5." Soundtstage closed in November, 1998, and was replaced by Bear in the Big Blue House.

-A

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom