Old Ladies & Minnie Ears

Simba’s Mom

I say this in complete seriousness- if the family is embarrassed at you having fun, then they need to grow up.

Thanks so much-I'm going to quote you!
When we were in Animal Kingdom and I went on Triceratops Spin. When DH and DS found me, and I waved from my "baby dinosaur", they shrunk their heads in embarrassment (who's that strange woman waving at us?)

JIMINYCR

Thanks so much-I'm going to quote you!
When we were in Animal Kingdom and I went on Triceratops Spin. When DH and DS found me, and I waved from my "baby dinosaur", they shrunk their heads in embarrassment (who's that strange woman waving at us?)
I embarrass DS all the time when I'm at WDW. I'm there to have fun and that includes all manners of crazy nonsence. I dont care who sees me, whose around me, or what they think... cause they dont know me, never will meet me again and thats unfortunate for them.
Go ahead and wear all the silly hats & ears you want to. We only live once and that life is meant to be enjoyed.

ppete1975

Thanks all 😃
I will pack my fancy ears after all. I’ve never been to Disney World, but I’d purchased a couple sets of fancy ears at the onset of our planning a couple years ago. I didn't want to look ridiculous and embarrass our family we are going with. We leave this Sunday, and we are complete Disney novices, but we’re going with DVC members so I’m sure we will be ok. I’ll wear the ears and see how that goes. Thanks again everyone
Have a great visit and be a kid. Enjoy your minnie ears, get a mickey caramel apple and show that beautiful smile!!! Its one of the few places in the world where everyone should be a kid. Im 44 and everytime i see the castle im 7 years old again. Come back and tell us about your trip ❤️❤️❤️

Goofyernmost

Hey, it is a VACATION! You are entitled to embarrass your family all you want, especially if they are teenagers. Just ask my family. :angelic:
If any of them are teenagers you are going to embarrass them anyway so why not ENJOY doing it!
It is written in the "How to be a parent" handbook that it is the duty of all parents and grandparents to embarrass the hell out of their children and grandchildren. It starts at a very young age (somewhere around the the time they achieved the ripe old age of 12) and continues until we get planted. It's like a Fast Pass to Heaven. You get to heaven and St. Peter asks you if you ever embarrassed your family. If the answer is continuously for all their lives, you get a suite with cable HBO.😇

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom