Old Key West bus service

Mom2Em

Hi! We just rented DVC points at OKW... I have been reading horror stories about the bus service... Please give me your opinions and experiences... Also the Unofficial Guide said it was limited after 6pm... Please explain...
Thanks in advance!!

Jan

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
We have never stayed at OKW, but have stayed at SSR. The bus service at the DVC resorts tends to seam like it takes a little longer, but that is likely due to there being a number of stops in each resort. I would be interested to read the reviews your are referencing.

Upvote 0

Mom2Em

Original Poster
Thank you for your response... I had read reviews on Yahoo and Tripadvisor... then picked up the latest Unofficial Guide, which just confused me... Don't misunderstand me, I will be at WDW... I don't care if I have to ride a camel to get to the parks but I am just trying to allot time in my planning... :animwink:

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Thank you for your response... I had read reviews on Yahoo and Tripadvisor... then picked up the latest Unofficial Guide, which just confused me... Don't misunderstand me, I will be at WDW... I don't care if I have to ride a camel to get to the parks but I am just trying to allot time in my planning... :animwink:

I think there may also be boat service to DTD from OKW......and maybe the Studios, but Im not sure about the Studios.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

I think there may also be boat service to DTD from OKW......and maybe the Studios, but Im not sure about the Studios.

DTD yes. Studios, no. Only the "Epcot resorts" have ferry service to the Studios. Boardwalk, Y&B, Swan and Dolphin.

I've never stayed at OKW, so I can't say good or bad about their bus service. Worse comes to worse, you can always wind up renting a car. There's an Alamo/National rental center near the MK. I think, Guest Services would help you with your rental, and you would either get picked up and brought to your car, or the car would be brought to you.

Upvote 0

alphapop

We stayed at OKW in June. Busses run about every 20 minutes. The bus route goes to the Lobby last, so the bus was full a couple of times and some people were unable to get on. Other than that, it wasn't bad at all.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom