(Old(Ish) news) last remaining Jack Wagner shuttle announcement at MCO replaced

Disneyrailfan1996

Original Poster
It is with regret that I both say this late and bring the news that Jack Wagner’s only remaining announcement at MCO has since been replaced as of December 2019.
For those unfamiliar with the shuttles and the history: MCO has 4 shuttles running to and from the gates with a fifth running to terminal C. The first two opened in the 1980s and had announcements from the infamous jack Wagner, most of which started with him giving giving an abbreviated and modified version of his infamous monorail announcement (“Please stand clear of doors, and hold on to handrails”). In 1990 a third shuttle opened and once again featured Jack Wagner’s voice. In 1995 Jack passed away, but his voice was featured posthumously on the shuttle to gates 100-129 when it opened in 2000. While I don’t think I ever flew out from gates 100-129 in my life (I always flew out of 30-59 except for once when I was younger), words can’t describe how disappointed I am that Jack’s voice (which is no longer heard as much as it once was at any Disney resort) was removed. His tone always sounded sincere, especially when saying “Whether you fall central Florida home, or your favorite travel destination, we hope you will return soon! Have a pleasant flight!” and “Whether you are here on business, returning home, or visiting our world class attractions: Welcome to Central Florida!” For those who are traveling, it might not make a difference. But for a Disney fan like me who is a fan of Jack, it feels like a little bit of Disney magic was lost.

Goofyernmost

It's sad, but he passed 25 years ago. I suspect that at least half, probably more people that go through MCO have never heard of him, never heard about him and are clueless. We fans have to remember the the world doesn't exist just for us. I suspect that after 25 years the wording probably should change and the ability to bring the quality of his voice may be fading as well. In the words of George Harrison... "life goes on within us and without us."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom