Old Contemporary Christmas Lighting

Horizons1

Original Poster
Is my memory fuzzy or at one time did the lights on the outside of the Contemporary get switched to red and green lights for Christmas? I'm talking about the lights that line the outside of the building from top to bottom. I seem to recall this from when I was a young child.

surfsupdon

I seem to remember as well.

I also remember, for sure, that during the 25th Anniversary, the lights on the face of the CONTEMPORARY read " 2 5 "

I always thought that was so cool.

CatsMeow

You are correct. I don't remember the year, but we once visited in mid-December and were staying at the CR. It was cold in Orlando that year. We took the boat launch over to Fort Wilderness for HDDR and were standing by the lake remarking how pretty the lights looked on the Contemporary. Five seconds later, all the lights went out! There was a brief - 5 minutes or less - power outage.

Last Thursday night as we were leaving the MK, we remarked that we missed those lights! We visited several resorts last weeks to see their holiday decorations. All the DVC resorts have clever decorations at the entrances in a holiday motif - a horse at SSR, alligators at OKW, etc. The GF looked fabulous. The Contemporary was lovely in the lobby, but we ate on the 4th floor and there were few decorations. I can only guess they had just started. But, no lights - green, red or any color - on the outside as of last Thursday anyway! :confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom