Olaf's Frozen Adventure!

Sped2424

Original Poster
Didn't see a thread so I'll put one here. Oh and please save me and everyone else your opinion on the film in this thread either keep it focused on this short or simply just keep swimming ;)

The first trailer dropped ^ What's interesting here is this is the first Frozen short to not be directed by Buck or Jen Lee, and is also the original missing song writers Bobby and Kristen lopez. Another fun fact is this was originally supposed to air on ABC as a 30 minute holiday special but later got bumped up to a theatrical release. Still from the trailer it does look rather funny and I can't wait to catch it in front of Coco!

WhatJaneSays

In talking with a few industry people this seems really unusual compared to Disney’s normal operation. Disney tries fairly hard to not co-mingle their Feature Animation properties with Pixar properties. And this being a more of a featurette at 21 minutes rather than a short, typically 4-7 minutes, complicates it further. There hasn’t been a Pixar short announced for Coco, with this I would guess there isn’t one. This was not the original release venue for this featurette, so something likely changed recently to make this move.

It’s hard to guess if it was a good change like: This featurette came out really good, we need to put it on the big screen, and this is the only appropriately timed movie.

Or a bad change like: We don’t have enough confidence in this movie and we want to bolster it with something we know gets extra butts in seats.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Previews of 3 songs from the holiday featurette listen to them here - Entertainment Weekly
“People forget that the first movie took place in the middle of summer, so this is really the first holiday season after the girls have come together, but what they’re realizing is that because they were separated for so long, they don’t have any family traditions,” John Lasseter, chief creative officer for Disney and Pixar animation, told EW in June. “So, Olaf is so sad about this that he decides to step out with Sven the reindeer to go around Arendelle to find the greatest family tradition for Anna and Elsa.”

Animaniac93-98

I loved the short and will be buying the soundtrack, but most people in the theatre were very confused by it. Some thought it was a trailer. Others thought they were in the wrong movie. There's not much communication that this is being paired with Coco IMO.

Mickey_777

I didn't like it at all. Anyone get the feeling they're "Materizing" Olaf? I used to like the character but I'm easily annoyed by him now. I audibly heard folks asking why the "short" was so long. The music was in the same vein of the the film and Frozen fever. More of the same and uninspired at least to me.

tongaloosh

It was okay. Some good one liners, a fun look at a variety of holiday traditions, and Anna and Elsa's "tradition" was sweet, but it wasn't anything I'd be clamoring to see again (unlike Frozen, which is now one of my winter go-to movies).

Our theater was nice enough to post notices about the length of the short and that, yes, people would be in the right theater to watch Coco.

Disneyfanman

We liked the “short” but everyone I have spoken to who went with small kids is ANGRY about it being placed in front of Coco. Apparently small kids have an expiration time when going to see a movie. Go Figure. Disney must have been concerned that the potential audience for Coco was limited, and that 21 minutes of Olaf would help. Well that concern is not warranted because Coco doesn’t need the help. They should pull it immediately. JMHO

Sped2424

Original Poster
We liked the “short” but everyone I have spoken to who went with small kids is ANGRY about it being placed in front of Coco. Apparently small kids have an expiration time when going to see a movie. Go Figure. Disney must have been concerned that the potential audience for Coco was limited, and that 21 minutes of Olaf would help. Well that concern is not warranted because Coco doesn’t need the help. They should pull it immediately. JMHO
I think the plan is to pull it soon as they have said the frozen short is a limited screening.

Californian Elitist

The short was pulled from theaters in Mexico. I'm disappointed Disney decided to have it in theaters before a film such as Coco.

When I finally see Coco, I plan to show up at least 25 minutes late.

mf1972

we saw it last night. my honest opinion...it should’ve been on tv rather than on a movie screen. adding the length of it on top on the trailers shown before coco, it was a good 30-35 minutes before the movie even started. that’s my 2 cents

Bairstow

we saw it last night. my honest opinion...it should’ve been on tv rather than on a movie screen. adding the length of it on top on the trailers shown before coco, it was a good 30-35 minutes before the movie even started. that’s my 2 cents

I would much rather have seen the customary, high-quality Pixar short instead of the Christmas Frozen mess.
If they're doing this as a limited engagement, why is it stopping now?
Wouldn't it have made much more sense for Coco to have debuted in November with a Pixar short, and then in December, closer to the holidays, Disney can tack on the Frozen short, advertise it, and thus make some money on people coming back to the theater a second time? It seems like they did this completely backwards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom