1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Olaf's Frozen Adventure!

Discussion in 'Animation, Movies, TV' started by Sped2424, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Sped2424

Sped2424 Well-Known Member

Didn't see a thread so I'll put one here. Oh and please save me and everyone else your opinion on the film in this thread either keep it focused on this short or simply just keep swimming ;)

The first trailer dropped ^ What's interesting here is this is the first Frozen short to not be directed by Buck or Jen Lee, and is also the original missing song writers Bobby and Kristen lopez. Another fun fact is this was originally supposed to air on ABC as a 30 minute holiday special but later got bumped up to a theatrical release. Still from the trailer it does look rather funny and I can't wait to catch it in front of Coco!

fractal likes this.
  2. Flippin'Flounder

Flippin'Flounder Well-Known Member

This looks fun! Will there still be a traditional Pixar short or will this be the only one? If there is no Pixar short that would be disappointing...

Sped2424 and SosoDude like this.
  3. Sped2424

Sped2424 Well-Known Member Original Poster

I think this short is longer than most so I would say no Pixar short. Given that this was supposed to be a 30 minute special!

4. WhatJaneSays

WhatJaneSays Well-Known Member

In talking with a few industry people this seems really unusual compared to Disney’s normal operation. Disney tries fairly hard to not co-mingle their Feature Animation properties with Pixar properties. And this being a more of a featurette at 21 minutes rather than a short, typically 4-7 minutes, complicates it further. There hasn’t been a Pixar short announced for Coco, with this I would guess there isn’t one. This was not the original release venue for this featurette, so something likely changed recently to make this move.

It’s hard to guess if it was a good change like: This featurette came out really good, we need to put it on the big screen, and this is the only appropriately timed movie.

Or a bad change like: We don’t have enough confidence in this movie and we want to bolster it with something we know gets extra butts in seats.

Princess Leia likes this.
  5. Flippin'Flounder

Flippin'Flounder Well-Known Member

I think it's this, unfortunately, as the film looks very good...

6. RandomPrincess

RandomPrincess Keep Moving Forward Premium Member

Previews of 3 songs from the holiday featurette listen to them here - Entertainment Weekly
    “People forget that the first movie took place in the middle of summer, so this is really the first holiday season after the girls have come together, but what they’re realizing is that because they were separated for so long, they don’t have any family traditions,” John Lasseter, chief creative officer for Disney and Pixar animation, told EW in June. “So, Olaf is so sad about this that he decides to step out with Sven the reindeer to go around Arendelle to find the greatest family tradition for Anna and Elsa.”

Sped2424 likes this.