OKW to Disney Springs

heapster411

From the videos I have been watching, The answer would be no. Seems they probably have bus service to Disney Springs. DW and I love to take the ride and were looking forward to it on our trip in December.

Raxel7851

Original Poster
The boat ride is awesome. We usually stay at POFQ, and take it often when we’re there. But since our resort is closed, we were thinking about OKW.

nickys

Premium Member
It’s vacation club...why do they need to “generate interest”?
Well it’s an open resort, where Disney own a lot of points due to it’s size.

In the U.K., Old Key West is offered by virtually every TA as an option for those wanting condo type amenities onsite. Since international travel is off the table, they’ll want to be making the most of those rooms and hoping people will choose to book it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well it’s an open resort, where Disney own a lot of points due to it’s size.

In the U.K., Old Key West is offered by virtually every TA as an option for those wanting condo type amenities onsite. Since international travel is off the table, they’ll want to be making the most of those rooms and hoping people will choose to book it.
Interesting...did not realize that’s where they were stashing a million points 🤪

I love old key west for its simplicity...especially the lack of “mixed use” dining 🙄

nickys

Premium Member
Interesting...did not realize that’s where they were stashing a million points 🤪

I love old key west for its simplicity...especially the lack of “mixed use” dining 🙄

Given that “points mean prizes, err rooms” (sorry, that’s a British game show reference), 3% of a lot of rooms at OKW & SSR is a lot more rooms than 3% of just a couple of hundred rooms elsewhere.

The interesting thing is that it’s OKW that is sold over here, I don’t know how these decisions are made - for example I remember not being able to find a single UK based TA who could book the Contemporary or Boardwalk.

But if you do book OKW then the small print tells you it cannot be confirmed until 11 months ahead of travel (because of the DVC booking rules). Whereas packages in the U.K. will go on sale over a year ahead, so Jan to Easter for the following calendar year. So if you want to stay at OKW it’s best to book early.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's a 20-30 minute walk. It's fun. I wouldn't do it at night however.
...Why?
1600535130367.jpeg

Raxel7851

Original Poster
Yesterday we waited over an hour for the bus to Disney Springs from the Contemporary. In the interest of fairness, we had a 20 minute wait on the return trip.

GholsHost

You can still visit Disney Springs.
There are buses from OKW to DS, or you can walk along the path - in daylight hours.
Has anyone actually walked the path since Disney Springs reopened? We love walking to DS from OKW, but with the limited access points now, not sure where to enter at DS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom