OKW Help

Gurt

Original Poster
Sorry if the answer to my question is commonly known if it is I am googling the wrong thing. I booked last year for our 2020 stay to secure the 'free' dining offer at which time a 1 bed villa wasn't yet available, I was told once it was I would be able to switch resorts, I asked when the rooms would be released and she didn't know she said to keep ringing back, when I did ring back the lady told me that DVC members can reserve from 11 months non member 7 months that was fine I had already heard that, now the problem I have is I am 7 months out and still they are only offering a 3 bed villa, I decided to check the website for availability counting down each month all the way to travelling next month and at no point is there a 1 bed coming up but I can't find out why and no one can give me a clear answer over the phone, can anyone advise?

epcotisbest

Sorry if the answer to my question is commonly known if it is I am googling the wrong thing. I booked last year for our 2020 stay to secure the 'free' dining offer at which time a 1 bed villa wasn't yet available, I was told once it was I would be able to switch resorts, I asked when the rooms would be released and she didn't know she said to keep ringing back, when I did ring back the lady told me that DVC members can reserve from 11 months non member 7 months that was fine I had already heard that, now the problem I have is I am 7 months out and still they are only offering a 3 bed villa, I decided to check the website for availability counting down each month all the way to travelling next month and at no point is there a 1 bed coming up but I can't find out why and no one can give me a clear answer over the phone, can anyone advise?

Mid October is usually quite busy due to several factors...MNSSHP, Epcot Food and Wine Festival, Columbus Day holiday and many school systems having fall break.

bigrigross

How many is in your party? Its 5 people for a 1 bedroom max which can cause it to show no rooms if you have more than that. I assume this is through cash right? On my DVC account, im showing plenty of available nights for OKW for a 1 bedroom for June through December for non Hospitality House for points. Its possible DVC hasnt released any cash rooms yet. But with this many available days, I find that hard to believe, but im not an expert on how DVC handles cash rooms.

heapster411

DW and I do a 1 bedroom every year at OKW in December with the bounceback offer. When we call before we leave, they always inform us that it is not available. So, we take what ever they offer us, which is something extremely expensive, like a garden suite, concierge level at the Boardwalk. Put down our $200.00 and wait. Usually around the end of January - Mid February the one bedroom will pop-up on Disney's web site. We just call and swap over the bounceback offer. Patience is the key, but be diligent.

Dave B

I am not 100% sure about UK, but in the states, once the Free Dining Promo is over there is no switching rooms, the availability is only during the promo period, good luck, but I do not think you will be able to switch unless a NEW free dining promo comes out

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom