OK, what could Disney do in the parks that you would actually like?

rk03221

I was a cm at wdw, people don’t understand the crowds aren’t going to change at wdw until the rich foreigners stop coming (mostly Brazilians) that’s why prices keep going up and they are a HUGE % of guests at wdw. The reason why disney doesn’t build a park in Brazil or rest of South America is because they’d lose a ton of business in Florida. I love wdw but I grew up and lived it, I’m ready to explore the rest of what Disney has to offer. My wife and I went to DL and DCA a few years ago and loved it, we are currently planning our next trip to DL Paris next year

Trackmaster

There is a place out west that should fit your bill perfectly. Built by Walt himself. I imagine that you would love it.

Yeah, so I've heard. I haven't been to Disneyland since I was about 2... according to my parents I went at least. I've been to WDW more times than I can count. Well actually I have counted. One multiday trip when I was 13, one multiday trip when I was 25. And since I live in Tampa now, 23 visits since November, 2018.

Trackmaster

I was a cm at wdw, people don’t understand the crowds aren’t going to change at wdw until the rich foreigners stop coming (mostly Brazilians) that’s why prices keep going up and they are a HUGE % of guests at wdw. The reason why disney doesn’t build a park in Brazil or rest of South America is because they’d lose a ton of business in Florida. I love wdw but I grew up and lived it, I’m ready to explore the rest of what Disney has to offer. My wife and I went to DL and DCA a few years ago and loved it, we are currently planning our next trip to DL Paris next year

Interestingly enough, the influx of foreign money doesn't really hurt the experience if you're a Floridian. They keep the Annual Passes discounted and we don't really need to worry about booking hotel rooms. I'd imagine that the cost gets passed on to the rest of the tourists on vacation from the rest of America though.

Trackmaster

I think the answer lies in your statement. The site is made up of WDW fanatics. Fanatics typically want the absolute best effort. And lets face it that hasn't been disneys M.O. for a while. Even as great as galaxys edge looks, there are some real missed opportunities. I'm as critical as anyone about the parks. That doesn't mean I hate them, it means I think they could do a lot better. I didn't set my expectations as to what Disney should be. Disney did.

Exactly. Pretty much how you'll never seen more miserable fans than a group of fans of a team that's going through mediocre or cellar dwelling years when they had a championship within 10 years. People have grown to expect competitive teams, and aren't really interested in rebuilding years... or treading water years. In contrast, with teams that have just been bad for years, fans don't really care either way.

iphonegeek

- Nighttime parade! (some of my best memories are watching the night parade)
- More original rides not based on an IP
- New hotels more themed, and less tall towers.
- Keep the Disney feel and decor. (For example, World of Disney feels generic now, at least to me).
- Hopefully, get the Marvel theme park rights, and open a huge marvel land.
- Hold price increases for a little while.

rk03221

Interestingly enough, the influx of foreign money doesn't really hurt the experience if you're a Floridian. They keep the Annual Passes discounted and we don't really need to worry about booking hotel rooms. I'd imagine that the cost gets passed on to the rest of the tourists on vacation from the rest of America though.

Yea after I left Disney and became an AP it was pretty nice to be honest. Free PhotoPass and $25-30 a month for the gold pass (can’t remember). We moved back up north though. I’ll look every now and then for hotels and their prices, realistically being middle class we could barely afford a value resort to be honest if we wanted to stay 4+days. Port Orleans for example is a great resort but not worth $250-300 a night. Add that in with tickets and no way a middle class family of four can afford that. Disney doesn’t care though about if they can afford it or not, the money’s coming in now and that’s all that matters to them. I get it it’s business but when we have kids we’ll end up going to Disneyland, at least you can do a nice vacation there for a few days and get an Airbnb or other offsite hotel cheaper than going to wdw.

Trackmaster

Yea after I left Disney and became an AP it was pretty nice to be honest. Free PhotoPass and $25-30 a month for the gold pass (can’t remember). We moved back up north though. I’ll look every now and then for hotels and their prices, realistically being middle class we could barely afford a value resort to be honest if we wanted to stay 4+days. Port Orleans for example is a great resort but not worth $250-300 a night. Add that in with tickets and no way a middle class family of four can afford that. Disney doesn’t care though about if they can afford it or not, the money’s coming in now and that’s all that matters to them. I get it it’s business but when we have kids we’ll end up going to Disneyland, at least you can do a nice vacation there for a few days and get an Airbnb or other offsite hotel cheaper than going to wdw.

Yeah, its definitely a whole lot cheaper to get an airbnb or cheap hotel off site. And it makes it easier to make trips to other parks and sight see too. But I think if you can swing the cheapest, lowest level hotel you should do that. The 60+ FP+ window and the EMH's are pretty helpful. And its nice to get a bus to drop you to your door step, even though you won't be very far from your lodging if you're off site.

rk03221

Yeah, its definitely a whole lot cheaper to get an airbnb or cheap hotel off site. And it makes it easier to make trips to other parks and sight see too. But I think if you can swing the cheapest, lowest level hotel you should do that. The 60+ FP+ window and the EMH's are pretty helpful. And its nice to get a bus to drop you to your door step, even though you won't be very far from your lodging if you're off site.

The cheapest rate for a Disneyland on site hotel is like $300 a night roughly, unless there is a cheaper time to do it. I just think that’s a waste of money to be honest when I can do an Airbnb 5 miles away for $50 a night lol

Trackmaster

The cheapest rate for a Disneyland on site hotel is like $300 a night roughly, unless there is a cheaper time to do it. I just think that’s a waste of money to be honest when I can do an Airbnb 5 miles away for $50 a night lol

Oh Disneyland? I haven't really done any research into the rates there so I can't really speak to it. I know that you can get some deals at WDW that are competitive to Airbnb and cheap hotels in the air. Obviously more expensive, but again you get a lot of park perks as well.

Plus, remember that Airbnb works best if you want one bed, or you have a large group of people where you can out across the house and can split the price. Its not as great if you have 2-3 people who want their own beds. A benefit of a hotel is that you can easily get rooms with two beds, and bed in trundle beds or it may come with a sofa bed. If you have three people involved, after you split the cost three ways for one hotel room, it will likely be cheaper than booking three unique Airbnb rooms.

But Airbnb is still great if its a romantically involved couple who are sharing the same bed, or a solo traveler. I'll also use the Airbnb hostel option too. And obviously its awesome if you have a big group and can just split a big house.

starri42

I know this isn't a parks thing, but I would like more fitness centers at the Moderates, and Value. I mean, if nothing else, they could build free-standing ones to be shared by both halves of Port Orleans and Art of Animation/Pop Century. I'd be willing to pay a few bucks more. Note: FEW.

unmitigated disaster

That's why it's time for a fifth gate, and it needs to be a cohesively themed park on one of two concepts: the Star Wars universe or the Middle Earth adventures of the Bagginses.

Disney already owns Lucasfilm, so that's a push in one direction... but if they can pay $71 BILLION for Fox, they can certainly reach a figure agreeable to the Tolkien estate.
God, not Tolkien. His stuff (with its 2 or 3 female characters) is just not that good.

I wish they had a South America part of Animal Kingdom. If they have to tie in a movie, I vote for The Emperor's New Groove.

Just as an FYI, airbnb is getting shut down in Anaheim. Just stay across Harbor at the Best Western Park Place Inn. 5 minutes walking. It's closer than both the Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier.

better merchandise. I should not see the same stuff in all the Parks.

starri42

Weren't there rumors of LotR being a part of Universal Fantastic Worlds?

I mean, I would be surprised if that actually happened, more because I feel like they'd cannibalize Harry Potter if they did that.

The_Jobu

That's why it's time for a fifth gate, and it needs to be a cohesively themed park on one of two concepts: the Star Wars universe or the Middle Earth adventures of the Bagginses.

Disney already owns Lucasfilm, so that's a push in one direction... but if they can pay $71 BILLION for Fox, they can certainly reach a figure agreeable to the Tolkien estate.

Yes please. I want pictures with the Mouth of Sauron as a meet n' greet.

KevinPage

Not necessary in order of importance:

EPCOT

1. Bring back original Journey ride but update with current tech and let Tony Baxter have some of his original ideas implemented that they couldn’t work out back then

2. Make GotG pre and post show have a fun (not boring) edutainment message. And since Star Lord loves the 80’s integrate some Horizons “call backs” about history or whatever

3. Bring back Fountain of Nations

4. Redo Spaceship Earth, update 1st half of the ride, get rid of Judy Dench (gimme Jeremy Irons) and make the 2nd half of the ride totally whiz bang and something NEW and riveting

5. Add an attraction to Italy, Germany, Japan, Morocco and England. None of them need to be any crazy expensive E tickets, just nice simple diversion to make each country more than food and shopping. As a local I blow by countries with no rides at this point. WS should be a mix of movies, rides and live entertainment

ANIMAL KINGDOM

6. Fix Yeti, make Rivers of Light a superb show & anchor Rafakis Planet Watch with a mix of Meet and Greet, animal demos and an ATTRACTION (Animal Kingdom needs the least amount of work at this moment in time, it’s that well rounded and i if they implement my changes it would be utterly phenomenal)

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

7. HS has always been this weird hodgepodge of slapped in attractions. Even with SWGE it still needs alot of work. Good riddance to TGMR, never understood the love of that, besides having huge set pieces and tons of AA’s, it was never “Disney enough” for me and changing movies scenes was fairly dumb and made no sense. I could go one for days about HS, but I can’t be bothered

MAGIC KINGDOM

8. nighttime parade would be nice, right? 😜

9. Update the CBJ for improved sound and looks, internally and exterior-wise. Rotate the 3 shows and market them accordingly

10. Update Peter Pan with better tech and some AA’s. Can’t change ride length but make it worth its always insane wait time.

11. Update Tomorrowland Speedway to electric cars and make it feel and look like, you know, TOMORROW (the future)

12. Get rid of Laugh Floor AFTER you put a good/solid ride in Stitch’s spot (that can stand the test of time)

13. Update Buzz Loghtyear so it feels ,FUTURISTIC, not like a cheesy 1990’s game of laser tag

14. Make the planets move on both the entrance to TL & Astro Orbitor. Adds a nice touch of kinetic energy to the whole area. It’s little things like this that have really gone by the wayside over the last 20 years (unfortunately)

15. Most importantly, get rid of Chapek

Last edited:

KevinPage

Hey, if we're doing that, give me a deepfake of Walter Cronkite.

When the ride up was pitch black with Irons voice it mad for a truly awe inspiring beginning to the attraction. Those video screens to warn morons (maybe legally required) and Judy’s “chiller up beatness” killed it for me.

I like pomp and circumstance and that’s what SE always had for me 😎

starri42

When the ride up was pitch black with Irons voice it mad for a truly awe inspiring beginning to the attraction. Those video screens to warn morons (maybe legally required) and Judy’s “chiller up beatness” killed it for me.

I like pomp and circumstance and that’s what SE always had for me 😎
I never experienced it during Irons' tenure. I just remember Uncle Walter's voice booming out of the speaker behind your head, and thinking it was the coolest thing ever.

Figments Friend

For WDW -

1. Uphold the quality of the Guest Experince to a prior, consistently unmatched level.
2. Remember the importance of a non-compromised 'Show'.
3. Maintain and manage your property and Attractions to a prior level of excellence.
4. Remind upper management and below the importance of 'The Four Keys'.
5. Re-evaluate your long term business strategy regarding the Florida Property.

-

winstongator

We loved the Moana meet & greet. At the time my older daughter would have gone wild for a Dwayne Johnson meet & greet. Now it would be Tom Holland/Peter Parker/Spider-Man. He can’t be at wdw, but can do at DL.

I’d like a vr type experience where you see how the park has grown. This would be a fun experience for the 50th.

I love combined dark ride coasters, so guardians should satisfy that. They have done a lot to match universal’s thrill count. When we were at universal for the wizarding world a few years ago my desire was an immersive land. Now I can measure that’s eta in weeks (days?).

I’d love little language stations in Epcot. My kids love world showcase and a taste of educational aspects would be nice. A tech station with some little vignettes of world changing discoveries and inventions. I’m hoping there is some VR presence in the play station they’re planning in Epcot. Then you can update them quickly. For DL, you bounce from captain marvel to endgame to far from home. You get people needing to experience it again with the new program.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom