OK, what could Disney do in the parks that you would actually like?

Brer Panther

- Keep Figment in EPCOT. I mean, refurbish the ride if you want, but if you put a new ride in there, HAVE FIGMENT IN IT.
- Fantasyland could use a few more dark rides. Stick one where the Princess Fairytale Hall is now (they can open up a new Princess Meeting Place of sorts near the Tangled toilets), gut the Tomorrowland Speedway and stick one THERE, I think there might be some space in Storybook Circus...
- Not every attraction needs to have an IP attached to it. There should be a balance of original attractions and IP-based attractions.
- Some sort of "Phase 3" for Disney's Hollywood Studios. Preferably Monsters Inc., but I'll take anything.
- Refurbishments. Lots and lots of refurbishments and enhancements.
- Two words: nighttime parade.
- Something new in Frontierland... in space that's not already being used (as in, don't evict the Country Bears).
- Maybe a Muppets dark ride of some sort?
- Don't be afraid of bringing back old attractions and turning to old unbuilt projects for inspiration.
- Add one or two new lands to Disney's Animal Kingdom. Australia could be one, for example.
- Fix Dinoland. Refurbish Dinosaur, bulldoze Dino-Rama for some better prehistoric animal rides. I'll accept Ice Age rides, if that's what Disney wants to do.
- All in all, keep the magic.

FettFan

1. Horizons 2.0 :)
2. Don't bulldoze the Land pavilion.
3. On the realistic side, Another vote to bring back a nighttime electrical parade to the MK

It occurs to me that the Universe of Energy building plus the new annex would have been plenty of space for New Horizons.
sat_view_95.jpg

The 'Guardians' annex naturally being the home to the Omnimax screens. And there would be THREE of them instead of just two.

sdemore

I found this website after I started working with a travel agent who has done NOTHING for me. I will keep them in mind for future trips.
I didn't realize Kingdom Konsultants ran this site, but I am using Carey from KK for my upcoming trip and she truly is making our magical dreams come true! I gave her my wish list and she has come through with everything. Two weeks worth of table service ADRs and every one made, lodgings, tixs etc. all that is left are fastpasses. Stress free and all the fun planning done by me.;)

mdcpr

I didn't realize Kingdom Konsultants ran this site, but I am using Carey from KK for my upcoming trip and she truly is making our magical dreams come true! I gave her my wish list and she has come through with everything. Two weeks worth of table service ADRs and every one made, lodgings, tixs etc. all that is left are fastpasses. Stress free and all the fun planning done by me.;)
They scheduled your ADRs??!! And they are scheduling your fastpasses??

sdemore

They scheduled your ADRs??!! And they are scheduling your fastpasses??
Absolutely, she did everything. All my ADRs (28 for a 14 day stay), any tours or extra activities and will be doing our fastpasses when the 90 day mark hits. Totally stress free.

Walt Disney1955

What could Disney do to make me happy? Preserve their history. Somehow Disney was successful by being able to have one foot in the past and one in the present. It is how Walt worked, it was timeless. It is like playing only Justin Bieber or Ariana Grande songs when you still could have much better songs with the Beatles.

I always worry that Disney will just gut out their classics. With the Country Bear rumor out there it is a shame that something like this even is a rumor an isn't squashed right away. Same thing happened with Carousel of Progress. I remember signing a petition of some sort after I exited the ride some 15 years back for them to keep it. They did of course, but I was flabbergasted that they would even think of taking out something that was almost certainly Walt's favorite attraction and more so a classic and nothing short of an original. You can't replace some of the stuff. Sure, make sure the maintenance is working on it but this is the heart of the parks.

Shouldigo12

What could Disney do to make me happy? Preserve their history. Somehow Disney was successful by being able to have one foot in the past and one in the present. It is how Walt worked, it was timeless. It is like playing only Justin Bieber or Ariana Grande songs when you still could have much better songs with the Beatles.

I always worry that Disney will just gut out their classics. With the Country Bear rumor out there it is a shame that something like this even is a rumor an isn't squashed right away. Same thing happened with Carousel of Progress. I remember signing a petition of some sort after I exited the ride some 15 years back for them to keep it. They did of course, but I was flabbergasted that they would even think of taking out something that was almost certainly Walt's favorite attraction and more so a classic and nothing short of an original. You can't replace some of the stuff. Sure, make sure the maintenance is working on it but this is the heart of the parks.
I haven't seen the attraction that the Country Bears are involved in, but I have seen the costume they have for the bears (the ones they have cast members wear for photos and the like) I just have to say, whatever happens to that attraction, I pray to everything that is holy they change those costumes. Those things are straight nightmare fuel. They remind me of the original Mickey and Minnie costumes, but somehow so much worse.

Magenta Panther

1. Fix the damn Yeti.
2. Build amazing new attractions that are based on Disney-generated IPs and not on stupid Eisner/Iger acquisitions.
3. Build hotels that are as awesome and magical and fittingly themed as the Disneyland Hotel in Paris, as opposed to hotels that look like common high-end highrises.
4. Spend the money on WDW that is spent on foreign parks for a damn change.
5. Respect legacy attractions (like the Tiki Birds and the Bears) by upgrading them rather than replacing them.
6. MAKE NECESSARY REPAIRS instead of letting broken effects continue (like those in the Tower of Terror).
7. RESPECT YOUR PARK GUESTS that you're overcharging instead of thinking of them as stupid suckers ("Eh, why fix the Yeti, the dumb rubes are just happy that the train GOES REAL FAST AND EVEN BACKWARDS hurr hurr").

MuteSuperstar

I pray to everything that is holy they change those costumes. Those things are straight nightmare fuel. They remind me of the original Mickey and Minnie costumes, but somehow so much worse.

These? Not trying to be snarky I just really don't understand why some whimsical, goofy-looking cartoon characters are considered "nightmare fuel".

Attachments

• 3e78a178055208c0e96cb5f258be4274.jpg
    3e78a178055208c0e96cb5f258be4274.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 149

Yert3

Just think ----if Walt Disney looked at the Orlando swamp and said it can't be done we would not have WDW today
It’s funny how people say we’ll never see another monorail line because it’s too expensive, as if it wasn’t expensive in the early 70s. The Walt Disney Company has way way more money now than they did then surely. They can afford it. So that’s my answer, more monorail lines.

yedliW

It’s funny how people say we’ll never see another monorail line because it’s too expensive, as if it wasn’t expensive in the early 70s. The Walt Disney Company has way way more money now than they did then surely. They can afford it. So that’s my answer, more monorail lines.

Yea.. but they weren't building around existing infrastructure.

Bpmorley

To me, making planning for a Disney vacation, enjoyable again.
I understand that the crowds have grown, but for example:
If I really want to eat at a specific place, I need to know 6 months in advance what I'll be in the mood for on a specific day! Also getting up so early in the morning to get Fastpasses and stress over getting what I want.

Planning a vacation should be fun!
I always wonder what I'll do when (and "if") I become a senior and the process becomes too complicated for me to handle, also, I foresee becoming less knowledgeable of technology.

As for the rest, I enjoy my visits and look forward to try new experiences. Once there, I make the most of it! :)
Agreed. making plans used to be fun. I used to be pretty good with the app, but they keep changing it and it takes me forever to find stuff. That and I keep having to reload my reservations. They constantly go missing. As far as picking restaurants 6 months out. I refuse to do that. So if I can't just walk in somewhere and not have to wait 2 hours, I get in my car and drive off property for twice the food for a quarter the price. They lose money on me this way. 2 months ahead of time I have to figure out what park I want to be in for the day. No more winging it. Unless you only want to get on 3 rides for the day. NO more parks for me. Just not fun anymore, too much work. And just as I'm writing this, I decided to go on the app, and yup my OKW(room only, no parks) reservation is missing yet again. Basically more aggravation for more money. Seems about right

starri42

I'll try and keep this in the realm of things that I think would have a realistic chance of actually happening.

-Re-track Space Mountain and Big Thunder
-Add the enhancements to Big Thunder while they're at it
-Some kind of Wakanda-themed attraction in Epcot (great way to tie in futurism AND and IP)
-Indiana Jones at DHS, with the theming blending with the retro stylings of Hollywood and Sunset Blvds
-Raze Dino-Land, replace it with either a South America or Australian area
-Gut Journey Into Imagination, even if that means it becomes Inside Out
-Either replace the Tomorrowland Speedway cars with electric vehicles, or just get rid of it altogether

Trackmaster

I think that Disney does a pretty good for the most part, and is more of a model for its competition that I compare other parks to, but there are things that other parks do that Disney could learn from:

• The access to MK is awful. I know some people like the build up to castle, but I'm over it. I'd prefer a direct route from the car to the gate rather than having to get on two routes of moving vehicles.
  • If you really want crazy build up, maybe reconfigure the TTC so that its more fun and more like City Walk, and they could use it as parking for EPCOT as well. One thing that Universal does better is making everybody go through the restaurants and nightlife and shops as part of the build up.
  • So few E-Tickets at this point per park. They need more at every park. Its so absurd that they're putting meet and greets and shows on FP+. While Disneyland pretty much has everything at MK and much more... and the characters walk around and give you hugs instead of trying to pass them off as actual rides/attractions.
  • Innoventions is in shambles at the moment, and it looks like much of the space and focus has been put on the greet and meets. Why teach our future generations of young workers about science, engineering, and invention when we can teach them... that animated characters are real and will sign autographs for you...?
  • For as popular as waterparks are in Florida, they probably need to upgrade and give Typhoon and Blizzard some SLC. They're never really talked about, and use very outdated slides. Its low hanging fruit that would yield big dividends, and round out the trip more for visitors.

rreading

I think that Disney does a pretty good for the most part, and is more of a model for its competition that I compare other parks to, but there are things that other parks do that Disney could learn from:

• The access to MK is awful. I know some people like the build up to castle, but I'm over it. I'd prefer a direct route from the car to the gate rather than having to get on two routes of moving vehicles.
  • If you really want crazy build up, maybe reconfigure the TTC so that its more fun and more like City Walk, and they could use it as parking for EPCOT as well. One thing that Universal does better is making everybody go through the restaurants and nightlife and shops as part of the build up.
  • So few E-Tickets at this point per park. They need more at every park. Its so absurd that they're putting meet and greets and shows on FP+. While Disneyland pretty much has everything at MK and much more... and the characters walk around and give you hugs instead of trying to pass them off as actual rides/attractions.
  • Innoventions is in shambles at the moment, and it looks like much of the space and focus has been put on the greet and meets. Why teach our future generations of young workers about science, engineering, and invention when we can teach them... that animated characters are real and will sign autographs for you...?
  • For as popular as waterparks are in Florida, they probably need to upgrade and give Typhoon and Blizzard some SLC. They're never really talked about, and use very outdated slides. Its low hanging fruit that would yield big dividends, and round out the trip more for visitors.

There is a place out west that should fit your bill perfectly. Built by Walt himself. I imagine that you would love it.

erasure fan1

The point of your post is very well taken. For a place that is supposedly full of WDW fanatics, sure does seem like a lot of people here complain about just about anything that Disney does.
I think the answer lies in your statement. The site is made up of WDW fanatics. Fanatics typically want the absolute best effort. And lets face it that hasn't been disneys M.O. for a while. Even as great as galaxys edge looks, there are some real missed opportunities. I'm as critical as anyone about the parks. That doesn't mean I hate them, it means I think they could do a lot better. I didn't set my expectations as to what Disney should be. Disney did.

awoogala

Open the Youth Education programs to individual kids enrollment, we don't have groups around here that do those types of things. I'd love for DD10 to get enrolled in a 3-4hr theater program that the kids get to do a mini "dinner show" for their parents at the end. Not in park but: bring back the kid camps.
If you homeschool, their is a group that goes annually and is open to all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom