OK, what could Disney do in the parks that you would actually like?

HoldenC

Magic Kingdom:
-complete overhaul of Tomorrowland. Get rid of Buzz and Monsters in favor of new rides
-Beauty and the Beast dark ride in place of Storytime with Belle
-Something else in the wasted space of Storybook Circus
-remove Aladdin spinner
-New family attraction in Frontierland
-refresh Philarmagic
-nighttime parade
-new day parade
-nightly perimeters in HEA
Epcot
-non-IP replacement for IllumiNations
- a real ride for Frozen (never gonna happen)
-rides in Germany, Japan, and UK
-some kind of attraction in Italy (movie or ride)
-gut Figment
-overhaul of Future World (in progress)
Hollywood Studios
-get rid of the cringey BatB and Mermaid shows (Tangled musical)
-Launch Bay gone
-new Fantasmic updates
-real fireworks show
-4th ride in TSL
-close Indy for a ride
-Bring in the Golden Mickey's show from DCL to replace Frozen sing a long
-close star tours (useless now with Galaxy's Edge)
-Create a true Muppet area (see Sesame Street Land at SWO)
Animal Kingdom
-refresh of FotLK
-dark ride in Africa/Asia
-3rd ride in Pandora
-bring back Flights of Wonder
-get rid of Nemo musical
-find a better theme for DinoLand
-new effects/updates to TtbaB
-better nighttime show

yedliW

Remove all of that superhero and Guardians crap and stop dumping money into temporal flash of the pan fads - all of that will be really groan-inducing in a few short years.

It's hard to argue that Marvel is a 'flash in the pan fad'.. they have been the highest grossing movies for over a decade.. Just because you aren't a fan, doesn't mean there aren't millions out there that are.

PolynesianPrincess

I really would love to see a 5th park. They NEED someplace else to put people. They have no problems building hotels, why not parks? I understand there Is a lot of land that can't be built on. But the Star Wars hotel location would have been a good spot to expand DHS. It's just not going to help with the crowds when they continue to replace attractions instead of actually ADDING to the parks. The more hotels they build, the more people who are going to come but WHERE are they all going to go?! The crowds are awful every time of year now. There is no slow season. And with GE opening soon, it's just going to get worse. Just give us a 5th gate to help alleviate those crowds.

MickeyLuv'r

As I expected 90% of this thread is "bringing back" instead of looking ahead.

Oh how powerful nostalgia can be...

If someone says- give MK a night parade, I don't see that as requesting exactly what came before. I see it as using a common vocabulary.

Have you ever bought a car, or been house hunting? If you want to sell a housing development, you start by building a model home folks can tour. Glossy brochures and architectural drawings aren't enough for most folks. A tactile experience is FAR more effective way to sell both. We need the test drive experience.

That's how I read many of the comments. Folks are merely using the test drive/home model walkabout vocabulary.

Over in the new rides threads, folks keep saying, "You can't know the new SW ride until you have experienced it first hand." Fair enough.

I imagine lots of great things for WDW, but you aren't in my head.

I really think that this is not going to be the big issue we think it will. I stay at the bcv for the majority of the time, the advantage is being able to walk there and that's not being effected. Yes we may get a few families that will walk around to "check" out the Boardwalk but really after what 45 minutes what is there for them to see?? It's a small area and not like Disney springs. I think it's really not going to be a huge game changer.

😀 or maybe that a fervent wish

You would be surprised. When I stayed at the Beach Club families from AKL and Caribbean were coming to use the pool! They weren't allowed to get towels, after they realized this they were asked to leave by cast members (they must have slipped through). The main issue I am pointing out is that the line to get into epcot from the back entrance is far shorter, now with the Gondolas the line will just grow.

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
You would be surprised. When I stayed at the Beach Club families from AKL and Caribbean were coming to use the pool! They weren't allowed to get towels, after they realized this they were asked to leave by cast members (they must have slipped through). The main issue I am pointing out is that the line to get into epcot from the back entrance is far shorter, now with the Gondolas the line will just grow.

Oh absolutely, I just don't think we're going to see the mass of humanity that people are predicting. At park opening yes it will be crowded, nothing like the front gate though.
So usually when I go in August I can walk right through even with bag check. I think with the gondolas I'll probably have to wait 5 minutes, maybe 7.
That's not exorbitant by any means and definitely not IMO any justification to reconsider the Epcot area resorts.

now as far as the pool, people have been trying to sneak into SAB since it opened. unfortunately there are always those who feel they are above the rules. that isn't something that is caused by the gondolas. My home resort is BC, and that's been an issue since we purchased 19 years ago.

Oh absolutely, I just don't think we're going to see the mass of humanity that people are predicting. At park opening yes it will be crowded, nothing like the front gate though.
So usually when I go in August I can walk right through even with bag check. I think with the gondolas I'll probably have to wait 5 minutes, maybe 7.
That's not exorbitant by any means and definitely not IMO any justification to reconsider the Epcot area resorts.

now as far as the pool, people have been trying to sneak into SAB since it opened. unfortunately there are always those who feel they are above the rules. that isn't something that is caused by the gondolas. My home resort is BC, and that's been an issue since we purchased 19 years ago.

You are correct. However, one of the big allures of staying at the hotels behind Epcot is because of the extremely short wait and ease of getting into the park. If the wait times increase across the board I hope the prices decrease some at these hotels, because one of the main amenities is going to be hindered somewhat. Not a reconsideration of the Epcot area resorts, but I would hope that it would be a price decrease tbh. It isn't caused by the gondolas, I do think that the # of individuals that try to break the rules will increase however.

DisneyfanMA

• Add more sit down restaurants to ease the mad rush of booking. Sounds like a pipedream but walk up sit downs would be cool.
  • Add more E tickets (1 or 2 more in each park) and a few lesser sized rides/shows to help with the crowds. They;re kind of already doing this, but it still feels like each park could use just a bit more. When rinky Disneyland has more rides than Disney (correct me if wrong) something isn't right there....

I don't need EVERY country in Epcot to have a ride, but adding Ratatouille in France is a great start. perhaps 1 or 2 more rides in the countries would do it for that park, once GOTG and Ratatoullie opens.

HoneyBee1991

I'm not bothered by the epcot changes because it's my least favorite park. We don't go very often.

I think Galaxy's Edge will be cool and a much needed addition to H.S.

Because the parks are getting so crowded and day time is too hot in Florida for my northern blood, I love the after hours and special event stuff. I'd rather pay $120 for 4-5 hours in the park and still be able to ride everything I want with cool entertainment, then pay $90 a day to be at the park all day and not even get to do, see or ride everything I want. To each their own.

I agree that the skyliner system is a waste of time and money. I wish they would have spent it improving the monorail system. Or maybe put a skyline system inside Epcot. My biggest reason for not liking it is the layout. It takes forever to get from point a to point b there.

Things I want to see?

1. A new night time parade at MK again. Yay!
2. More random characters doing walk around meet and greets in the parks. More character interaction with guests.
3. Get rid of the dance party parades. Pretty please!
4. Move the fireworks at M.K. a little earlier most nights. It would be nice to have more time in the parks afterwards.

Andrew_Animatronic

More of the “pop up” magic, stuff that just happens without a clear schedule (see jammitors, denizens of Hollywood, Casey’s piano) is always appreciated. The actors/performers are always on point and have a charming sense of whimsey and fun that gets young and old invested and involved in the performance.

mf1972

More of the “pop up” magic, stuff that just happens without a clear schedule (see jammitors, denizens of Hollywood, Casey’s piano) is always appreciated. The actors/performers are always on point and have a charming sense of whimsey and fun that gets young and old invested and involved in the performance.
this makes me miss the world showcase players a lot more 😢

sdemore

To me, making planning for a Disney vacation, enjoyable again.
I understand that the crowds have grown, but for example:
If I really want to eat at a specific place, I need to know 6 months in advance what I'll be in the mood for on a specific day! Also getting up so early in the morning to get Fastpasses and stress over getting what I want.

Planning a vacation should be fun!
I always wonder what I'll do when (and "if") I become a senior and the process becomes too complicated for me to handle, also, I foresee becoming less knowledgeable of technology.

As for the rest, I enjoy my visits and look forward to try new experiences. Once there, I make the most of it! :)
To me, making planning for a Disney vacation, enjoyable again.
I understand that the crowds have grown, but for example:
If I really want to eat at a specific place, I need to know 6 months in advance what I'll be in the mood for on a specific day! Also getting up so early in the morning to get Fastpasses and stress over getting what I want.

Planning a vacation should be fun!
I always wonder what I'll do when (and "if") I become a senior and the process becomes too complicated for me to handle, also, I foresee becoming less knowledgeable of technology.

As for the rest, I enjoy my visits and look forward to try new experiences. Once there, I make the most of it! :)
NunuBelle, I am a senior planning a 2 week retirement trip for December. I too love the planning but hate having to make ADRs and fastpasses so I did the fun stuff and handed it all over to a Disney planner. ( I used Carey from Kingdom Konsultants and she was amazing-this was not meant to be a commercial LOL). But a planner took away all the aggravating details, and I have to admit I hate doing certain things online because I am terrible at figuring out what to do when things go wrong mid process! As for doing thing 180 days and 90 days ahead of time...:banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom