Ok... We're giving MM+ and FP+ a shot.

ddrongowski

Original Poster
Let me start by saying I have never been a fan of FP or ADR's... and until this year have never used or needed ADR's. Also we've only used FP a couple of times over the last 13 years.
The whole "The magic band will let you travel lighter..." thing. Yeah right... What we have done and do is we have card holders on 550 cord. We put our KTTW, drivers license, and AMEX, and any gift cards in these holders. My DW and DS wear theirs around their necks. I loop the 550 cord thru one of my belt loops and put the holder in my front pocket. So even with a magic band I will still have to have my drivers license, and AMEX in this holder, so there is no change or "lighter" that would make any difference. Plus I have seen the people at WDW, most do not have any clue what "minimalism" entails (think strollers, bags, etc...).

So that said.
1. We have our reservation and magic your way passes.
2. Planned as we always do what park(s) to do each day.
3. Got the MNSSHP tickets as we always do.

Now the things we are doing new.
1. Got ADR's for places that we have eaten that do take them. Never needed them before, but figured let's try it out. In the past we have never waited more than 10 minutes just walking up.
2. Found out our resort is doing the FP+ thing, so since there are a couple of rides, TSMM, and soarin, that have longer waits and we do not get into the parks until afternoon, lined them up. In truth we were not that impressed with soarin, so we may still skip it. Also lined up other rides, but have never had any long waits for them in the past. So if we use them fine, if not fine.
3. We will not be carrying any wireless leases (smartphone) with us. So we will just have the ride and time on a piece of paper in a ziplock bag in my pocket as a reminder (KISS principal).
4. Also found out that we could order and get the magic bands. So we ordered them and have them being shipped to us. Since we will have a normal KTTW card still, I figure no harm no foul. The only advantage we can really see to the band is when we go swimming at the resort. But that said, I and DW will still have to have our drivers license for purchasing alcohol, so the band is not really a plus there.
5. Since we are doing MNSSHP, we linked the tickets to the band, and will just put the hard card tickets in the holder (since we will still have to have them) just in case there is an issue.

So with all that, we will see.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom