OK to ask a question about Universal Harry Potter Gigs on here?

5Adults

Hi there;

Not sure if it's alright to ask a question about the Harry Potter (HP) lands in Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure on this thread. Let me know if not. We have one day set aside for Islands of Adventure however I just learned the HP lands are in both Universal Islands and Studio parks and the lovely Hogwart's Express takes you from one land to the other. If you had to choose only one HP land, which would it be? I've heard Hosgmeade in Islands of Adventure has the better rides ...

DizneyPryncess

We went in March and liked the Universal Studios side of Harry Potter better. We are only casual Potter fans, and had kids with us too little for some of the rides. So for us, the kids loved all the interactive magic wand stuff. the IOA side was more crowded, and we didn't do much over there. We spent more time in the stores & checking out all the cool details on the Universal side. I'm sure in the other forum you'll get some more answers from Potter fans. Have fun!

Upvote 0

FantasylandTravel

I've been to IOA (Hogsmeade) 3 times and US (Diagon Alley) twice. If its rides your looking for Hogsmeade has more. Diagon Alley only has Escape from Gringotts. The food and souvineers are really the same in each park. If its the atmosphere your looking for I enjoy Diagon Alley more. You can see Kings Cross, Number 12 Grimmuald Place, the Knight Bus, etc. I also prefer the shows in Diagon Alley better.

Upvote 0

cdeev8690

I always get the park-to-park access so I can ride the Hogwarts Express in both directions. Both Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley are very similar but Hogsmeade (on the IoA side) has more attractions. Although,The Escape From Gringotts in Diagon Alley is a far superior ride to The Forbidden Journey and, in my opinion, cannot be missed. Additionally, the Studios side has put in more attractions and one of the best is The Mummy Returns (although, it's nothing new but is commonly overlooked). Getting the Park-To-Park access was not always worth the additional money but I feel that the new attractions and Diagon Alley really are worth the price.

If you only have time for one, go to Islands of Adventure where there's more solid attractions for every age. BUT if you have the time and the funds, get the Park-To-Park access and make sure to ride the Hogwarts Express in both directions. It's the easiest way to get from one park to the other, if the lines are not long, but you also get two different experiences depending on the direction you're riding in. If you're a big HP fan or have one in your family, they'll really appreciate it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom