OK! Now that I'm in, I have a few new questions.

NewEnglandah

Original Poster
I will be working in Operations for the spring semester.

But now that I'm in, I can ask people who have done it before the questions that have been on my mind.

These are just some things that are on my mind, I know I may not do a lot of these things, but I figured its best to cover all of the bases.

1. I know there is a curfew on what time guests can stay in your dorm til, I believe its 2 in the morning, How strict are they on the curfew?

2. Do you have to be in at a certain time? Can you spend the night outside of the dorms? For example, lets say I wanted to see Spring Training on an off day, could I spend the night there then return on the next day?

3. I know there are discounts, but can someone elaborate on them? If family members want to come visit could I get them a discount on a hotel room?

4. Whats your stand on bringing a car? I am in a position where I CAN bring mine, are there many advantages?

5. Are the dorms really strict on the alcohol rule, Im only 20 so I will be in a wellness dorm.(I rarely ever drink, but this question has been on my mind)

6. Speaking of the dorms, where are they located? On the main disney property? Far away?

7. If you stay in a 4-bedroom dorm with 8 people, is it co-ed?

Thanks to all that reply!!!

P.S. Any advice, things that you would have done differently, or comments would also be greatly appreciated!!

attisb

I'd also like to know what the advantages of bringing a car. Coming from RI there had better be good reasons. (Anyone arriving on Jan31st will to carpool?) :)

kal1484

1. I know there is a curfew on what time guests can stay in your dorm til, I believe its 2 in the morning, How strict are they on the curfew?

It is until one, and they are REAL strict on it. I know of more than one CP that got termed for having an overnight guest.

2. Do you have to be in at a certain time? Can you spend the night outside of the dorms? For example, lets say I wanted to see Spring Training on an off day, could I spend the night there then return on the next day?

Nope. You can be gone for weeks, and they really don't care, nor know. As long as you go to work.

3. I know there are discounts, but can someone elaborate on them? If family members want to come visit could I get them a discount on a hotel room?

20% of merchidise, 20% on food, but they add 15% tip on it, the resort discounts differ, so you'll have to call. Tickets aren't really discounted to much.

4. Whats your stand on bringing a car? I am in a position where I CAN bring mine, are there many advantages?

Bring the car, the busses are nasty, breakdown, and well, you can't go where you want. If you want, you can drive to the mall, Universal, the store, without your car, you have to rely on others.

5. Are the dorms really strict on the alcohol rule, Im only 20 so I will be in a wellness dorm.(I rarely ever drink, but this question has been on my mind)

Yup, if they catch you, you are termed and have less than 24 hours to leave. There are lots of kids who never get caught, but there's always that chance.

6. Speaking of the dorms, where are they located? On the main disney property? Far away?
They are close, off-property.

7. If you stay in a 4-bedroom dorm with 8 people, is it co-ed?

Nope!

Thanks to all that reply!!!

No problem

P.S. Any advice, things that you would have done differently, or comments would also be greatly appreciated!!

Have fun, make good choices, and oh yea, HAVE FUN! :)

Wilt Dasney

I had a friend who had a guy stay over a few times. The big thing was, she had him park his car outside the complex. Not saying this is a good or bad idea, just noting that having an outside car parked there overnight is a bit of a giveaway.

If you can bring a car, do it. You'll have tons of friends and you'll be able to go where you want without consulting a bus schedule or begging a friend for a ride.

Underage drinking: not a great idea. You may get by with it, but if they catch you, they don't play around. They don't want to have to deal with the government breathing down their neck, so they don't offer much (if anything) in the way of second chances

Apartments aren't too far from the magic, but they're not on property.

No co-ed apartments (well, not technically, although odds are the girls across the hall will be in and out of your place constantly).

Hope you have a great time!

CrashNet

I noticed your question concerning discounts. wdwprincess03 did you answer that question with regards to family members or was that for those that are in the college program. I know why, but I seem to remember some time ago reading that employees have the freedom of going in and out of any park with out paying admission (meaning they can visit the parks for free). Has that changed, or was that ever part of being in the college program?

Atta83

They are strict on curfew, but i have heard many stories of people staying in rooms that were not CP's. I think they also now have the rule that chatam can not spend the night at vista, or somthing like that.

You can stay out at resorts if you want, they dont keep a head count, so if you have a good firend that lives right by MK you can spend the night with them. I did that several times.

Yes, you can get dicounts for family on rooms and such. I cant remember the % right now, but you have to make sure when you give the res. you tell them that you are a cast member and then you have to show your id to the hotel to get the discount.

Yes you can bring your car. It mostly helps with the shopping its hard to fit all your food on the bus. Though with gas going up I would use your car for that, while the transportaion to work is free.

Yes, they are strict on teh alcohol rule, just dont have any, go out of the complex to a friends house and have some. I knew some people who got caught with alcohol in their room.

The apartments are on the other side of I-4 across from downtown disney area. Its real easy to find. They are nothing but 15 min away.

No, no co-ed rooms.

Anything else you need ot know ask!!! Always here to help :wave:

Wilt Dasney

cac2889 said:
I noticed your question concerning discounts. wdwprincess03 did you answer that question with regards to family members or was that for those that are in the college program. I know why, but I seem to remember some time ago reading that employees have the freedom of going in and out of any park with out paying admission (meaning they can visit the parks for free). Has that changed, or was that ever part of being in the college program?

She was talking about families. Cast Members get free park admission.

Atta83

Wilt Dasney said:
She was talking about families. Cast Members get free park admission.

only the Cp cm. The Cp are given two free tickets to use. Though you can get discount tickets for the family.

Wilt Dasney

Atta83 said:
only the Cp cm. The Cp are given two free tickets to use. Though you can get discount tickets for the family.

OK, I just want to make sure we're not confusing anybody. All Cast Members get free admission for themselves (unless Eisner has gotten really cheap since I worked there.) :animwink:

The amount of other people you can get in free varies based on your time with the company and your position, with CM's generally getting the fewest freebies to throw around, no?

That's what I was trying to say. Correct any of that if it's wrong. :)

Edit: That should read "CP's generally getting the fewest...", not "CM's." Too many acronyms.

NewEnglandah

Original Poster
No co-ed apartments (well, not technically, although odds are the girls across the hall will be in and out of your place constantly).
Trust me, they will:animwink:

Thanks to everyone who replied!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom