Ok Honest Question here about Cosmic Rewind

Hcalvert

I rode it four times during my June 2022 trip and didn't have any problems. I rode it after eating too and no problems. I find Everest and RnR more disorienting and intense than this coaster. I thought it was real smooth and well done.

dovetail65

Ok was told this ride is making people Motion Sick, and its very common. Is this really true? I didn't think it was supposed to be a very aggressive ride? Is this really a thing or not?
I get motion sick, the ride was awesome and I wish I never read about these people getting sick. The best thing I ever did was ignore that advice and go on Cosmic Rewind anyhow. It is aggressive, but in a super super smooth way. There is no jostling of the body around like bang on the back, bang on the neck around each corner. There are stresses to the body yes, but not abrupt. Lets say no backlash is best I can describe it.

Cosmic is not near as bad as Mission and think about it Mission is not aggressive, but very nauseating. Cosmic as far as nausea is not even close to mission for me as far as making me feel sick. Imagine an aggressive coaster and all the turns are AGAIN super smooth. It needs be ridden to be appreciated. I did my trying to describe it, but it is indescribable really.

Having a feeling haven't had before might be called motion sickness, fact is this ride moves in a super smooth(Have a said that already, hehe, it's super smooth!) in a way a person never experienced, so yeah many people aren't going to feel normal coming off that attraction.

Just go on the ride and even if a person was to get motion sick it was worth the one time,10,000%

Apart from the way the train handles now that I have been on several times to my eye nearly every single ride and attraction(especially older attractions) in every park now needs upgrade their video. I could imagine soaring with the clarity of Cosmic rewind video.

I love the ride, still my favorite is Flight of Passage but even that doesn't come close to the Clarity of Cosmic. Imagine FOP with the Cosmic video clarity in 3D, that is what I need. Now that I have been on Cosmic every time I see a video I am more disappointed than ever that we are watching 20 year plus old tech on many excellent attractions. Cosmic is not and doesn't need 3D, but that clarity in picture is simply amazing.

As far as motion sickness Cosmic has a motion, but go anyhow. So it might take some people 10 minutes to get their feet back under them(me included), but You may find like I did that you are going to go right back on (well as soon as the next queue allows it anyhow).

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom