Ok Honest Question here about Cosmic Rewind

erasure fan1

Anything that rotates, goes backwards, spins... Is going to have a much higher percentage of people getting motion sick than something like thunder mountain. I will do this ride but I fully expect to have a massive headache when it's done. I wonder if since the ride is screen based, that could be making it worse. I find Screens tend to be more disorienting when moving past them. Things like the EAC in nemo or the zurg tunnel in Buzz are good examples.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
It's getting plenty of positive reviews and many believing it's one of WDW's best attractions. Other attractions have opened in the last few years without the same motion sickness reports, so it's definitely a real thing. It's bizarre there's a higher-than-average motion sickness ride next to Mission Space, but here we are. The most bizarre thing might be needing to climb up stairs after the ride only to need to climb down a few steps later. Motion sickness + stairs, it doesn't end well for many people.

That said, I am very prone to spinning motion sickness. I can't really do Rock and Rollercoaster, Mission Space, and Teacups. I get nauseous when my wife drives. I took dramamine an hour before Guardians and did not have any real issues. I didnt enjoy it much because I felt like I was bracing my body instead of getting into the story, but I still survived. There's a feeling of floating and gliding without much sense where you'll go next, like Space Mountain but without the jerking around. It's super smooth. I think those that have the most trouble are people who need to know what's next. I also think people get burned by turning heads for screens and then speed or vehicle changes speed or direction and head is the wrong way, so try to just look to the front of the vehicle only.

I would do it again for a holiday overlay or once every few years, but it won't be in the normal rotation.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Whenever something like this pops up, everyone want to go crazy and 'highlight' all the people getting sick. While it seems indisputable that some are getting sick, this is an attraction that when operating at full peak, can move 2,000 or more guests per hour. I would guess that the actual percentage of guests with that experience is EXTREMELY LOW- it just gets publicized more. It's no different than when you see negative reviews of a product on the Internet- people feel compelled to tell about their negative experience but the thousands of positive experiences don't have even the same energy.
At least nobody has died on it... yet.

bcoachable

Cause the discussion is about motion sickness, not trying to derail but I have a question for the forum:
I hate how tired I feel when taking Dramamine (even non drowsy). Has anyone ever tried just half a pill to see if it does the trick? Looking to be able to ride rides, but not want to nap in between!

mergatroid

It would seem that if you're the type of person who suffers from motion sickness on other attractions, then you may on this one. Likewise there will be some who are fine on other attractions but might not be on this. I guess it's like anything in life really, you know it may affect you and make a decision based on that possibility. Should you have another beer, should you apply more sun lotion and bake longer, will letting your kids see a certain movie be a bad decision or should you go back to a crazy person's house who's hitting on you? As adults we can't know for sure whether these decisions will harm us or not, it's more knowing there's possible consequences to them and making an educated guess of what's worth it to you. Getting motion sickness at theme parks isn't a new thing, it's been going on for as long as theme parks have been around. The good thing is though that it's a temporary thing, you will get over it. Also nobody has to ride and the fact you may get motion sickness is highlighted before you ride. Beyond that it's a personal choice, if in doubt or your concerns are worrying you then best to give it a miss.

Last edited:

dreday3

Cause the discussion is about motion sickness, not trying to derail but I have a question for the forum:
I hate how tired I feel when taking Dramamine (even non drowsy). Has anyone ever tried just half a pill to see if it does the trick? Looking to be able to ride rides, but not want to nap in between!

Bonine did not make me tired, even with wine!

Also, I find it works best when you take it at night before you go to sleep. And start a day or two before you think you will need it.

rct247

It's as if Space Mountain and Rock n Roller Coaster had a baby on the intensity scale of Everest. I do t get motion sickness, but toward the end I start to get ever so slightly disoriented.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's as if Space Mountain and Rock n Roller Coaster had a baby on the intensity scale of Everest. I do t get motion sickness, but toward the end I start to get ever so slightly disoriented.
I called it “space mountain on steroids” when we walked out. I’m gonna stick with that first instinct 👍🏻

Similar to flight of passage being kinda like soarin’ on steroids

Club Cooloholic

As someone who gets pretty sick in the Tea Cups, this was an easy ride. The spinning is not intense, more like adding a weightless feel if that makes sense. I could see some folks getting sick if they have no idea what they are getting on and they just did drinks around the world! We have to remember it's Epcot and people might overindulge.

ppete1975

Its from the movement of the vehicles and your eyes having to constantly reset I assume messing with ones equilibrium. I have heard that the people that have had issues took dramamine and didnt have issues going forward.
IF you are prone to motion sickness.. or if you are just nervous it wouldnt hurt to take some prior to the ride, and eat something light like a banana a few hours prior.

Snake

I used to never get motion sickness, rode any ride, like Mission Space, but Smugglers Run has always made me motion sick every time. Sometimes Everest in the dark going in reverse gives me a little bit of motion sickness. We rode Guardians and I didn't have any motion sickness, I would compare it to Rocking roller coast meets Thunder mountain mine train, but less intense, which is a very big disappointment for me.

tpoly88

Its from the movement of the vehicles and your eyes having to constantly reset I assume messing with ones equilibrium. I have heard that the people that have had issues took dramamine and didnt have issues going forward.
IF you are prone to motion sickness.. or if you are just nervous it wouldnt hurt to take some prior to the ride, and eat something light like a banana a few hours prior.
i dont have an issue with coasters but the new virtual rides get me, flight of passage and Harry Potter got me a little. Star Tours gets me the worst. i thought Guardians was a great ride and i focused my eyes farther down to the next item, so i did not have an issue. the stairs afterward got me as the ride was a little intense i would have liked to not go up, then down. Fun ride and i cant wait to go back on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom