• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Trip Report Oi! 25 years will give you such a crick in the neck!

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
Advertisement
Laughing at the bodysuit comment!! I was a young teen when they were really popular and had to beg my Mom to let me buy one. I thought they looked fantastic with jean shorts. Heck, I actually still like the way body suits look with jeans LOL. Mom tried to warn me that I wouldn't like it but I wanted one. I quickly learned that the placement of those metal snap buttons was baaaaaad :) I was fine for the first couple hours or so but after that I really wanted to change clothes :joyfull:
I guess when you're young, you have a higher tolerance for sacrificing comfort for "fashion"!
Following along!
Happy to have you!

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
Sunday, June 16th
We "slept in" again this morning and prepared for our first move to BWV. Packing up was super easy even with the groceries. I brought an Ikea bag to put all of the groceries in and it was very convenient.
Looking at my pictures, it appears that we headed to Epcot for breakfast. I also realized that I forgot to post a few from DS the previous day.
It had rained everyday so far, but this is the only photo I took of the rain:
DSC04055.JPG
There's more rain in today's story.
Some shopping shenanigans:
DSC04056.JPGDSC04058.JPG
Back to today! As I mentioned before, we have been watching several vloggers. DFB with A.J. is one of them. Hey A.J.! So on her recommendation, as well as the recommendations of some of the members here, we NEEDED to go to Les Halles! Spoiler alert...this would not be our last time there.
I had this little beauty! E had the ham and cheese croissant and he loved it. We shared the Napoleon.
DSC04068.JPG
DSC04069.JPG
We decided to head over to BW and officially check in so that we could charge to our room since at this moment, we were technically homeless. Much to our surprise, our room was ready. I tried to get Boardwalk view for 5 nights, but only ended up getting it for 3. So for our first two nights there, we had a pool view. This was our view for all of you creepy clown pool lovers:
DSC04072.JPG
We really liked this room. In fact, we liked it better than our boardwalk view room, but more on that when we move again.
It was still fairly early, and we knew our bags would not have been transferred yet, so after locating our room, we went down to the bus stop to go back to DS.
I had been wanting a rain jacket, and now that we had a room, we could have packages delivered. So we did some damage at World of Disney. In hindsight, I should have kept the rain jacket with me.
E wanted to see if they had frozen Jack and Coke at the rooftop bar at the Coke store. I found us a seat while he ordered his drink and while we were there, the heavens opened up! We're used to it raining, but this was a torrential sideways rain kind of thing. Luckily we were pretty much under cover, but we were stuck there for awhile.

Our hunger finally got the better of us, so we donned our ponchos (Oh new rain jacket, how I need you!) and headed over to a new to us dining experience. The Polite Pig!
I really didn't think we would get a seat since it was STILL raining, but as luck would have it, a table opened up right as we walked in.
They had a couple of different frozen drinks and one of them had peach, which I hate. So I chose the other option, but I can't remember exactly what was in it. It was delicious though!
DSC04073.JPG
I had ribs and E had a pulled pork sandwich. Both meals were good and we were happy we tried it, but it may be a one and done for us.
DSC04076.JPGDSC04077.JPG
Another stroke of luck was that it was right around 4:00 when E was waiting in line, and they brought out the Gideon's chocolate chip cookies. I had told myself that if the timing was right and we got a cookie, that would be great. However, I wasn't going to plan a trip to the Polite Pig just to get a cookie. I am glad that it worked out though, just to see this:
DSC04075.JPG
E is quite competitive, and nothing makes him happier than getting something that is a "limited release"! 😆

Up next: We finally meet Slinky Dog!

Rista1313

Sunday, June 16th
We "slept in" again this morning and prepared for our first move to BWV. Packing up was super easy even with the groceries. I brought an Ikea bag to put all of the groceries in and it was very convenient.
Looking at my pictures, it appears that we headed to Epcot for breakfast. I also realized that I forgot to post a few from DS the previous day.
It had rained everyday so far, but this is the only photo I took of the rain:
View attachment 388013
There's more rain in today's story.
Some shopping shenanigans:
View attachment 388014View attachment 388015
Back to today! As I mentioned before, we have been watching several vloggers. DFB with A.J. is one of them. Hey A.J.! So on her recommendation, as well as the recommendations of some of the members here, we NEEDED to go to Les Halles! Spoiler alert...this would not be our last time there.
I had this little beauty! E had the ham and cheese croissant and he loved it. We shared the Napoleon.
View attachment 388016
View attachment 388017
We decided to head over to BW and officially check in so that we could charge to our room since at this moment, we were technically homeless. Much to our surprise, our room was ready. I tried to get Boardwalk view for 5 nights, but only ended up getting it for 3. So for our first two nights there, we had a pool view. This was our view for all of you creepy clown pool lovers:
View attachment 388018
We really liked this room. In fact, we liked it better than our boardwalk view room, but more on that when we move again.
It was still fairly early, and we knew our bags would not have been transferred yet, so after locating our room, we went down to the bus stop to go back to DS.
I had been wanting a rain jacket, and now that we had a room, we could have packages delivered. So we did some damage at World of Disney. In hindsight, I should have kept the rain jacket with me.
E wanted to see if they had frozen Jack and Coke at the rooftop bar at the Coke store. I found us a seat while he ordered his drink and while we were there, the heavens opened up! We're used to it raining, but this was a torrential sideways rain kind of thing. Luckily we were pretty much under cover, but we were stuck there for awhile.

Our hunger finally got the better of us, so we donned our ponchos (Oh new rain jacket, how I need you!) and headed over to a new to us dining experience. The Polite Pig!
I really didn't think we would get a seat since it was STILL raining, but as luck would have it, a table opened up right as we walked in.
They had a couple of different frozen drinks and one of them had peach, which I hate. So I chose the other option, but I can't remember exactly what was in it. It was delicious though!
View attachment 388019
I had ribs and E had a pulled pork sandwich. Both meals were good and we were happy we tried it, but it may be a one and done for us.
View attachment 388020View attachment 388021
Another stroke of luck was that it was right around 4:00 when E was waiting in line, and they brought out the Gideon's chocolate chip cookies. I had told myself that if the timing was right and we got a cookie, that would be great. However, I wasn't going to plan a trip to the Polite Pig just to get a cookie. I am glad that it worked out though, just to see this:
View attachment 388022
E is quite competitive, and nothing makes him happier than getting something that is a "limited release"! 😆

Up next: We finally meet Slinky Dog!
It looks like you may have pick some of the wrong sides at Polite pig! The Brussel sprouts are to die for, as well as the sweet potato tater tots! That along with the brisket is my favorite meal!

and YAY for more Michigan peeps...... I noticed your hubby's shirt right away.... no Pine nob anymore....DTE now! I have tickets to see Hootie and the blowfish is August... but because of the construction over there and some other factors, I don't think we are going to go. Which makes me sad!

Edited: because the other spelling of nob is a bad word and it was starred out!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
It looks like you may have pick some of the wrong sides at Polite pig! The Brussel sprouts are to die for, as well as the sweet potato tater tots! That along with the brisket is my favorite meal!

and YAY for more Michigan peeps...... I noticed your hubby's shirt right away.... no Pine nob anymore....DTE now! I have tickets to see Hootie and the blowfish is August... but because of the construction over there and some other factors, I don't think we are going to go. Which makes me sad!

Sweet potato tater tots?! I think I need to put this on a must-do list when we are at WDW at the end of the year.

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster

I really had planned on the Brussel Sprouts, but I knew I would regret it if I didn't try the mac and cheese. I'm not a fan of sweet potatoes, so the tots were not even on my radar.
E definitely has his weird habits. He has quite a t-shirt collection, but will only wear his Disney ones at home (or on the plane) and he likes to wear his Detroit/Michigan ones at Disney. It is comical that *nob is considered a bad word!
We would love to see Hootie, but the thought of going to DTE gives me anxiety!

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
Sunday, June 16th continued...Slinky Dog, we meet at last!
After our dinner (we saved the cookie for later since we were stuffed), I believe it was still raining, but we had our first FPs of the trip to use! E was really antsy because we had been in the bubble for almost 48 hours and had not stepped on a ride yet. He was also antsy because we missed the opening of Toy Story Land by 2 days on last year's trip!
Even though we paid for Early Morning Magic in Toy Story Land for the next morning, we wanted to ride SDD at night, so we took a boat to OKW and hopped on a bus to HS.
Due to the rain, I have no photos of the evening. I didn't even download any of the PP ride photos because they were not good!
We had FPs for Star Tours, ToT and SDD.

My first impression of Toy Story Land was marred by the fact that it was still sprinkling. I was holding my ripped old poncho under my chin and cursing myself for sending my lovely new rain jacket to the gift shop. :arghh:
We were hoping it wouldn't thunder before we made it on. It didn't and our first ride on SDD was fun, but TSMM is still my favorite ride in that land.
After SDD, we called it an early night, since we had EMM the next morning.

Next: a fun morning with some fellow toys

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
Monday, June 17th
We were up and at 'em pretty early this morning. We generally don't love walking to HS, but we weren't sure if the boats would be running that early, so it was a nice leisurely walk for us. Early morning magic is from 7:30-9:00. It includes breakfast at Backlot Express and breakfast is served until 10:00.
Some early morning photos:
DSC04078.JPGDSC04079.JPG
We went straight to SDD. We made it through the queue fairly quickly, so I didn't take any photos the first time around. E was determined to ride it "at least 5 times". Did we? You'll find out soon enough!
DSC04080.JPGDSC04082.JPG
Our first ride on A*S*S. We thought it was fun, but we only rode it a couple of times. No flying purses for me! 😆 @Tuvalu
DSC04085.JPG
I just loved this "map"! It reminds me of my students and how detailed they can get when they are doing something they enjoy.
DSC04086.JPG
Obligatory SDD selfie!
DSC04090.JPG

On our third ride, we got stuck right here. Not the most exciting evacuation, but we got free water and a fastpass for our troubles. Then, since the ride was down for awhile, we were informed that our wristbands would act as a FP and allow us to ride SDD up until 12:00.

We rode TSMM a couple of times and did the Instagram wall pics on the way out. I don't like how they turned out, so I'm not sharing!
E got his photo with Forky.
DSC04102.JPG
And saw some green army men.
DSC04115.JPG

Then it was about time to head to breakfast. There was a buffet section, and you can also order an entree. I really do think this particular EMM was worth it. We were still pretty salty about missing the opening of the land last year by two days, so it allowed us to spend some time enjoying it without huge crowds. We did not spend any time waiting for character photos. After seeing the movie, I really wish we would have waited for Bo Peep though.
Coming soon: more HS

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
June 17th cont.
We had FPs for TSMM, Star Tours:
DSC04119.JPG
and ToT:
453969194.jpeg
I kept checking Instagram to see if Ben was performing in the Frozen Singalong. He wasn't today, so we took a boat back to BWV to have a little nap.
DSC04126.JPGDSC04127.JPG
I had myself a Captain's Seaside Sensation from Boardwalk Joe's, which is a pineapple smoothie with Captain Morgan's spiced rum. It was tasty and refreshing and really helped with my nap.
Our ADR for dinner was at Hollywood Brown Derby. We both love it and it's always a must do for us. This was the only ADR I had to call to secure because when I did them online, it was only giving me lunch times. Anyway, it's also the only one where I had indicated that we were celebrating our anniversary.
I only mention that because we ended up getting a terrible table. We don't like to be "those people" so we didn't ask to be moved, but we will definitely request a different spot next time. It was a tiny two top, and I get that we are just two people, but there were a lot of open tables. Also through no fault of Disney, we were seated next to a really loud group of 6. Bad table aside, we enjoyed our meal as always. I had the entree portion of the Cobb salad.
DSC04132.JPG
E got the filet.
DSC04133.JPG
And we shared the grapefruit cake for dessert.
DSC04135.JPG
It was divine as always, but I do miss the candied grapefruit slice garnish. They gave us some anniversary champagne which went well with the cake.
DSC04134.JPG
I don't pin trade, but I thought it was really cute how they display their pins.
DSC04129.JPG

After dinner, we went back to the Boardwalk and up to the Bellvue Lounge for a couple drinks before calling it a night. The Bellvue Cosmo:

On deck: AK and more rain, but our timing couldn't have been better!

Top Bottom