Trip Report Oi! 25 years will give you such a crick in the neck! *Completed*

Alternate title: Good thing I'm flexible since I did so many splits this stay!
Trip dates: June 14-26, 2019
Greetings, my fellow WDWMagic-ers! To those of you who continue reading, I thank you. It's how I get my validation! ;)
This trip was just myself and DH (MSUJafar). For this report, I'll call him E. Pretty sure that's what I called him in my last report too!
Our 25th wedding anniversary is in August, but because of E's Naval Post Graduate schedule, this was the only time we could squeeze in a trip. I felt kind of fraudulent celebrating so early, but I'm pretty sure we'll still be together in August! 😆
We Disneymooned at the Poly back in 1994. Here is some photographic evidence:
DSC04471.JPG
DSC04473.JPG
DSC04470.JPG

I'll leave you for today chuckling at our sweet outfits!

Last edited:

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
Tagging along!
Thanks and welcome!
Can't wait to hear all about it!! :)
I'm really enjoying your report & I'm surprised that we didn't run into each other!
The 90’s dont seem that long ago but to go back and look at the clothes. 😳YIKES!
Following along with the fashion police over my shoulder. 😉
😆 That plaid "top" was actually a bodysuit! Can you imagine wearing one of those now?! We thought we were cute though!

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
Friday, June 14th-Travel day and some more background. I apologize in advance, but this one will be text heavy.
June 14th was the last day I had to report to work for the school year. Basically I just had to go in, finish my files and leave. Our flight was scheduled to leave Detroit at 3:50 and it did. No travel woes to report.

We stayed at SSR our first two nights. The original plan was to stay at POR, but the prices weren't that great and E wanted to be guaranteed to stay at one of the plantation looking buildings. After picking @riverside 's brain, (thank you for the info) and realizing that the only guarantee would be to stay in a Princess room, we decided to just use more points and stay at SSR.

We were the last ones to be dropped off from ME and were the only people left on the bus. #ShirleyStatus So we had a nice conversation with the ME driver. (I didn't write down his name)

We were not at all familiar with SSR and I have forgotten the section we were in (my note taking skills have NOT gotten better). Our room number was 5723, so maybe an experienced SSR person can chime in with the section. It wasn't too far from the lobby. It was actually a nice walk across a beautiful bridge.

We hopped on the boat to DS and had a late dinner at Chicken Guy. Sorry no pictures. :confused: It was okay, but we don't feel the need to go back.

Up next: Sleeping in, back to DS, and in praise of packing cubes

Ghostdog

Following along; we arrived the day after you to celebrate our 25th Anniversary too! If we had left a day earlier we might have passed each other at DTW and not even known it...:)

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
Following along.
Yay!
great pics we leave today
I hope you have a fabulous trip!
Following along; we arrived the day after you to celebrate our 25th Anniversary too! If we had left a day earlier we might have passed each other at DTW and not even known it...:)
Happy Anniversary!💕 I always keep my eyes peeled for familiar faces!
I’m along for the ride 😉
Hooray!
Glad to have you!

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
Saturday, June 15th
Now about those packing cubes. Here's what they look like for those of you who are like, huh?
pacing cubes.jpeg

I had been wanting to try them and when I was ordering E a new pair of Olukai flip flops from Nordstrom, these popped up as a suggestion for me. Who am I to argue with Nordstrom?! They always know what I like! 😆

As indicated by my alternate title, we moved A LOT this trip. Since I knew it going in, I thought I'd be super proactive and organized. I wrote out a schedule of which outfit I would be wearing each day and packed the cubes accordingly. So my first several day's worth of clothes went into my carry on. I only needed to get into my big suitcase for toiletries and makeup. I would just take out the next day's outfit and hang it up. It worked out very well. Much less stressful and my list helps me remember what we did each day based on the outfit I'm wearing in the pictures. Especially helpful since I may have mentioned (a few times) how bad I am about taking notes. :rolleyes:
Anywho, the cubes are also helpful space-wise. They obviously don't cut down on the weight of your suitcase, but they do free up a lot of space. I had plenty of room for souvenirs!

The plan for today was to sleep in, grab some breakfast, Uber to Publix and then go to DS to activate/upgrade our annual passes.

It was kind of nice to have a leisurely morning for a change. I didn't make a note of when we woke up, but I'm sure it wasn't much past 8:00. Here are some photos as we walked to Artist's Palette for breakfast.
DSC04032.JPG
DSC04033.JPG

After a quick breakfast, we ordered an Uber to take us to Publix for some water, soda, wine and snacks.
Some after breakfast photos.
DSC04035.JPG
DSC04036.JPG

E loves getting his picture taken! Me? Not so much.
Our trip to Publix was productive and after taking the groceries up to our room, we were off to Disney Springs. We caught a boat over to DS.
DSC04041.JPG

Our first order of business was to activate/upgrade our APs. We had purchased Gold APs back in April. Then we realized that next year's trip would have to be during Easter/Spring break due to our schedules. So we knew we would have to upgrade to Platinum once we arrived. We got our tickets squared away and purchased our Tables In Wonderland card and we were good to go.
First stop and first drinks of the trip were at Wine Bar George!
DSC04042.JPG

I had the Frozcato which is Pineapple Dole Whip, Moscato and Vodka. It was super delicious and refreshing and very fitting for the Pineapple Princess!🍍
Next stop was Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar, where I had a pineapple cider and we shared the pretzel. It hit the spot! E, hamming it up!
DSC04046.JPG

We have been watching several Disney vloggers this past year and one of them mentioned this cool archway on the water side of House of Blues, so we went off in search of it. It's quite a piece of art. It has different items embedded into it, like cast member nametags, jewelry, picture frames, little toys, etc. If you happen to be at DS and have a few minutes, it's pretty cool to see.
DSC04048.JPG

Admittedly, not a flattering photo of yours truly, but I'm pointing at a cast member nametag that says Nancy (my name).
DSC04053.JPG

We had one more drink at The Edison before heading to our ADR at Maria and Enzo's. I did not photograph our meals. I had a Caesar salad and meatballs and E had the Chicken Parm. Our meals were just okay, nothing we feel the need to repeat. We shared a cannoli for dessert and it was out of this world delicious! We definitely wanted a repeat of that and planned to get one at Enzo's Hideaway later in the trip, but it never happened.

Up next: move number 1, MORE Disney Springs, lots of rain and we finally get to meet Slinky Dog!

Last edited:

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
I will have to stop and see that archway next time I go to DS! So cool!

Also I love your packing cubes! I used a set from Walmart this time, but I mostly put my shoes in them. I really should plan my outfits more.

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
I had the Frozcato which is Pineapple Dole Whip, Moscato and Vodka.
You had me at Dole Whip!!!
and it was out of this world delicious!
I am laughing so hard at this. My MIL and her sister use to say this. They would each do xmas eve (big Italian feast of the 7 fishes) for their families. Xmas day sounded something like this: “How were your clams?”
“Out of this world delicious.”
“Yours?”
And so on and so....

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
I will have to stop and see that archway next time I go to DS! So cool!

Also I love your packing cubes! I used a set from Walmart this time, but I mostly put my shoes in them. I really should plan my outfits more.
I really love all the extra fun things to see.
I probably should have shopped around for less expensive cubes, but when Nordstrom suggests something, I can't say no!
Your packing cubes are prettier than mine - when I bought mine years ago it was only boring solid colors 😉
The prettiness is what made me order them! Curse you, Nordstrom for knowing me so well!
You had me at Dole Whip!!!

I am laughing so hard at this. My MIL and her sister use to say this. They would each do xmas eve (big Italian feast of the 7 fishes) for their families. Xmas day sounded something like this: “How were your clams?”
“Yours?”
And so on and so....
I tried a few different Dole Whip/alcohol combinations on this trip and the Wine Bar George one was my favorite!
I'm trying to use phrases that will make my report more interesting, so I'm glad that it entertained you!

LeighM

Laughing at the bodysuit comment!! I was a young teen when they were really popular and had to beg my Mom to let me buy one. I thought they looked fantastic with jean shorts. Heck, I actually still like the way body suits look with jeans LOL. Mom tried to warn me that I wouldn't like it but I wanted one. I quickly learned that the placement of those metal snap buttons was baaaaaad :) I was fine for the first couple hours or so but after that I really wanted to change clothes :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom