Ohana?

disneysince71

Original Poster
Please tell me what is so special about Ohana? Is it the food? The atmosphere? Are there Characters? Is it worth the $? Should I book in March?

donaldtoo

We've been there for dinner twice, and both times it was worth the jack to us.
We like the atmosphere, and the food has been great both times, as well. No characters, though.
And, as I've posted on these boards before, I'd go there for the pot stickers and sauces alone! :)
Also, I LOVES me a Lapu Lapu...or two! ;)

materbuddy

We've had both breakfast and dinner there. Both are table service "all you care to eat" meals. Breakfast has Mickey, Goofy, Lilo and Stitch. There are no characters at dinner. Both meals have great food. 'Ohana means family and that's exactly how they treat you.

bmarkelon

We've had both breakfast and dinner there. Both are table service "all you care to eat" meals. Breakfast has Mickey, Goofy, Lilo and Stitch. There are no characters at dinner. Both meals have great food. 'Ohana means family and that's exactly how they treat you.
We've always seen Pluto at 'Ohana, not Goofy. We didn't go this past trip, did they switch dogs?? I feel like we have some of our best character experience memories at the 'Ohana breakfast. My kids love Lilo and Stitch, Stitch is always so silly with them and my son flirts with Lilo....Lol!

But as far as the dinner...if you haven't done it you have to check it out! It's a fabulous menu, we were quite impressed our first time. And be sure to sip on a Lapu Lapu as mentioned above, it's my avatar picture because it's that special! All the side dishes they serve are absolutely delicious, it's a meat lover's dream with the endless skewers, and that dessert...save room.

HouCuseChickie

We've done breakfast and dinner...and while the character breakfast is popular, it's the dinner that so many go nuts trying to get into.

We liked dinner...and would do it again; however, I still think the Brazilian steakhouses offsite offer better meat. I know a lot of people like Texas de Brazil and if the Fogo de Chao there is on par with ours, it most definitely would trump the meat quality at 'Ohana. Still, with 'Ohana you get atmosphere and convenience + I did enjoy the 'Ohana dumplings and the bread pudding is very good. Not best I've ever had, but very good.

I would not try and watch fireworks from there just b/c so few tables afford a good view (eating first and heading to the beach after is best), but still...I think it's good enough that it's worth a visit if the menu appeals to you.

materbuddy

We've always seen Pluto at 'Ohana, not Goofy. We didn't go this past trip, did they switch dogs?? I feel like we have some of our best character experience memories at the 'Ohana breakfast. My kids love Lilo and Stitch, Stitch is always so silly with them and my son flirts with Lilo....Lol!

But as far as the dinner...if you haven't done it you have to check it out! It's a fabulous menu, we were quite impressed our first time. And be sure to sip on a Lapu Lapu as mentioned above, it's my avatar picture because it's that special! All the side dishes they serve are absolutely delicious, it's a meat lover's dream with the endless skewers, and that dessert...save room.
My mistake it is Pluto. Goofy was on the TV so I just typed his name.

HamFam

I think food-wise it beats most, if not all of the MK restaurants, It's great for a family gathering, and let's be honest - its great to have a cold beer or your drink of choice.

StarWarsGirl

Unfortunately, I have a severe pineapple allergy, as well as a nut and guava allergy, so I can't eat at Ohana. Or Kona for any other meal besides breakfast without seriously altering my meal. I'd much rather eat someplace where I don't have to completely alter my meal. I went to the Luau, and somehow they forgot about my allergy, so I ended up eating a whole lot of salad with ranch dressing. And some unseasoned ribs. They weren't very good...

Anyway, my theory is that every restaurant is worth a try at least once. However, Ohana tends to be crowded and noisy whenever I'm there, not to mention impossible to get into. Also, the Luau was, well, stupid. If you want Hawaiian food, you're probably better off at Kona. Same building, individually priced, and cheaper. I've been told the food is excellent (by immediate family members; if I go, I have to eat unseasoned steak with fries). Also, I find that family-style meals tend to be a pain in the butt for members of a party with food allergies. But like I said, I can't comment on the food.

Also, if you get the chance, Kona is excellent for breakfast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom