O'Hana vs Pirates Voyage... or Both???

cw1982

Original Poster
I was thinking about making reservations for the Pirates and Pals Voyage at the Contemporary, but the only date they have open during our trip is the same night that we have O'Hana reservations.

Dinner at O'hana is at 5:15. Time on the pirate thing is listed as 9 pm.

Would we be rushed if we did both? Ordinarily I'd say absolutely, but both events are on the monorail line, so this sounds somewhat more doable?

Would it be too much for a 4-year-old to do both in one night?

If you had to pick one, which would you do?

LavaLiz

You should have time to do both, but if I had to pick one with a four year old, I would do the Pirates and Pals Voyage. (Assuming that particular 4 year old would still have plenty of energy at 9pm)
My favorite moments are when little one's faces light up and you will likely experience more of those moments on the PP Voyage than at Ohana. Light refreshments (usually including Mickey Bars) are included in the PP Voyage, so if you're someone who likes to feel like they're getting every pennies worth, keep in mind you'll be pretty stuffed from Ohana.
If you do both and have extra time in between events, I know riding the monorail for an extended period of time has always been a hit with my preschool aged fellow travelers!

Disney4family

We've done both when the kids were little. I agree with @LavaLiz. I would choose the Pirates and Pals Voyage. There's so much more for the little ones to enjoy.
We checked in at the Contemporary on the second floor. There were a lot of different snacks and drinks in one of the rooms - something for everyone. Captain Hook and Mr. Smee were meeting guests. We have great Photopass pics from this. To this day my daughter remembers that Captain Hook was very interested in her earrings as pirate treasure. We also went on a scavenger hunt on the fourth floor. My kids still have their little prizes from completing that.
Pirate "Patch" kept everyone entertained on our voyage with jokes, songs and trivia games. Every child won a prize. So much fun. It was a very special way to experiences Wishes! at that time. We also had a great view of the Electrical Water Pageant.
When we returned to the Contemporary dock, Peter Pan was there to greet guests. Out of the over 20 visits to WDW he was the most amazing CM we have ever met. He spent a lot of one-on-one time with everyone. He was more than kind and gracious to all boys and girls and parents. We were at the end of the line and probably saw him somewhere around 11:30 pm. He was so outstanding and energetic you would have thought it was 11:30 am. He was just tremendous. It was a completely wonderful immersive experience.

cw1982

Original Poster
You will love the Pirates & Pals! I have yet to talk to anyone who didn't enjoy it :) My kids loved seeing the Water Pageant up close too on the water :)

I hope the water pageant is happening while we're out there. I haven't looked at times on that yet

Update; looks like we will be on the water during the pageant!

Last edited:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
We're doing the pirates in Monday and you don't get to the event at 9pm. That's when the fireworks are scheduled. They want us there at 7:30.

I would not do both on the same night from a food standpoint but i think you have enough time because they're both on the monorail. But you're going to be so so so so full after 'Ohana and then go to a dessert party

cw1982

Original Poster
We're doing the pirates in Monday and you don't get to the event at 9pm. That's when the fireworks are scheduled. They want us there at 7:30.

I would not do both on the same night from a food standpoint but i think you have enough time because they're both on the monorail. But you're going to be so so so so full after 'Ohana and then go to a dessert party

I've had weight loss surgery. I won't be able to eat enough to be too full for desserts a few hours later. And Luke... let's just say he will never turn down a cookie or a cupcake lol

Last edited:

cw1982

Original Poster
Sorry to be pedantic, but its 'Ohana which is a restaurant named after the Hawaiian word for family. Its not O'hana which sounds like it should be an Irish pub.

Thank you for pointing that out, and doing it politely. I've honestly never noticed the placement of the apostrophe there... kinda humiliating to admit since I'm a bit of a grammar nerd. 🤦‍♀️

cw1982

Original Poster
Then you should note that a desert is a bunch of sand, while a dessert is a sweet treat at the end of a meal.

Just sayin'. . . . .

That was a typo. I fixed it. If I need anymore help with proofreading my posts, I'll be sure to let you know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom