News Ohana reopening July 9th

jrlbc06

I've been searching for a reservation for July as it's after midnight EST, but nothing is coming up. Any idea what time reservations will actually be able to be made?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
That's obnoxious. I got up at midnight, 3 am, and 6 am to check. And they are gone for my date. I wish they would have announced 545 and I would have been ready.
Yeah, I woke up at 5:45 to log in and get ready for 6, and then just gave it a try at about 5:47 and lo and behold got right in for the date I wanted.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Try clicking on it anyway and searching for specific times. I just did that and it went from saying unavailable to most times being there.
Also should say that this almost always works for me. Never choose “dinner,” as in my experience it almost always says not available (for most restaurants). When you choose a specific time, suddenly there are tables available. Not sure why that is, must be some kind of glitch in their software.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I believe they’ve charged less in every instance of a character dining location reopening without characters. They’ll want the extra 50% per guest ASAP…it doesn’t cost THAT much to have Pooh waddle over.

it never did.

don’t get me wrong...I’m hopeful the price holds and the characters don’t come
Back. Wishful thinking

the other alternative is that they bring them back after poly reopens and charge 2x or more...
...so guess what happens?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I believe they’ve charged less in every instance of a character dining location reopening without characters. They’ll want the extra 50% per guest ASAP…it doesn’t cost THAT much to have Pooh waddle over.
Seriously... not everything that's changed because of COVID is some conspiracy cost cutting that they wanted to do anyways and now they have the excuse. They have legitimate operational, budgetary, and personnel nightmares they're dealing with right now.

peter11435

maybe not...but you know price “reductions” under any circumstances are like unicorns in reedy creek
Yes. But that $15 per seat they reduced it by represents several million dollars per year. The financial benefit is far and away greater than expense. Thats why they have ruined.. eh “enhanced” so many dining experiences with characters lately. Tusker House, Artist Point, Trattoria…. They will bring characters back as soon as they reasonably can so they can justify that price increase again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom