News Ohana reopening July 9th

JustInTime

Seriously why make a change. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it but I’m sure this is Disney’s way of making more money somehow

I will be taking ohana off of my dining list come October and i am extremely disappointed with this change. This was one of my favorite places to eat at Disney
I totally agree. 8 adults planning a tiki day in December. Now Sam’s only.

DisneyNorthFan

Seems a little pre-mature to complain about the menu. The appetizers, minus the noodles, appear to be the same. It's not like dropping the noodles was a cost cutting measure, and it appears they've added a new item - egg fried rice. It also appears they changed the bread and replaced with scones and biscuits, which may or may not be an upgrade. I personally didn't care for the original bread, so this could be an upgrade. They added a meat, albeit an odd choice with kielbasa. The vegetable seems a bit different, but no complaints with broccolini. The biggest potential cost cutting move is the shrimp replacement, although if you don't have to peel shrimp and the casserole is high quality and shrimp-forward, maybe this isn't a bad trade?

Minthorne

Who needs pan Asian noodles when you can get some brats! Ohana means what now?
3691FE7F-2906-42DF-9909-E900866CD653.png

TrojanUSC

Who needs pan Asian noodles when you can get some brats! Ohana means what now?

They literally had grilled sausage (along with chicken or sometimes turkey, steak and shrimp) on the dinner menu for like 8 years from 1999-2008 or something.

I fully believe the Disney dining experience has been declining overall, but to me this seems kind of like a nice change? It's been the same menu for 9 years.

DoleWhipDrea

I've only visited 'Ohana for breakfast (which I found to be delicious, though family that was visiting found the food "weird" 🤦‍♀️), but I always wanted to try the much-talked-about noodles.

I'd be surprised if the noodles don't return after the online backlash, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

In the meantime, if you're craving noodles and just really good food, I'd recommend visiting Teppan Edo at the Japan Pavilion in EPCOT.

Marriedatdisney

No characters for breakfast?? so now it’s just a $45 breakfast bar? Is this still Covid or a perm change? And if perm, why? It’s been hard to get and packed for 20 years?

Sean W

I didn't mind paying $45 for breakfast, because I got characters. That is not a $45 breakfast just based on the food. Just don't book the breakfast & Disney will get the message with decreased revenue.

bigrigross

No characters for breakfast?? so now it’s just a $45 breakfast bar? Is this still Covid or a perm change? And if perm, why? It’s been hard to get and packed for 20 years?
Well sounds like they are trying to make it less packed. We just removed Ohana breakfast from our large family trip itinerary in October due to no characters. I'm not spending character meal money on just food and music. Ill take that money and move it over to something that is actually worth it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom