Ohana or cal grill for WDW fireworks

Lkl

Original Poster
Trying to decide between two reservation. 7:10 at Ohana or 7:45 at California grill on a night with fireworks at 9:00. If we keep Ohana we would want to be done before fireworks and head to beach to watch fireworks. If we keep cal grill would hope to see fireworks from restaurant. Thoughts and advice would be appreciated. Won’t be going into WDE this year and would love to see fireworks.

Last edited by a moderator:

UNCgolf

I did dinner and fireworks at the California Grill in early January -- it was great. Seeing them from the rooftop of the Contemporary is such a different experience from seeing them anywhere else at WDW, and the fact that you get to hear the full soundtrack is a huge plus.

stratman50th

We like the food at O'hana and the show audio is piped in there too. Watched the fireworks from our table on our anniversary last May. Never ate at the California Grill so I can't comment on it.

Jon81uk

We like the food at O'hana and the show audio is piped in there too. Watched the fireworks from our table on our anniversary last May. Never ate at the California Grill so I can't comment on it.
O'Hana has the most abundant food with steak, shrimp and bird on a stick but Cal Girl has the better views and service.

Sorry but someone has to post this on every thread about 'Ohana.

It is a restaurant named after the Hawaiian for family, 'Ohana.
It is not an Irish pub (O'Hanna's).

NickPytlinski

could i throw a third restaurant in there?

narcossee's
my favourite on site restaurant.
you can view the fireworks from the viewing platform around the curve of the restaurant outside from the restaurant and they pipe in the music here too. im sure you can only use the platform if using the restaurant. (not 100% on this though)
Found at the grand Floridian.

:)

CaptainAmerica

Neither, honestly. Happily Ever After needs to be watched from Main Street. The castle projections are a bigger part of the show than the pyro.

UNCgolf

Neither, honestly. Happily Ever After needs to be watched from Main Street. The castle projections are a bigger part of the show than the pyro.

I agree with this with a caveat -- once you've seen it from Main Street, I do think seeing it from the California Grill roof is worth doing because it's really cool. But you should definitely see it from Main Street first.

I don't really get the point of seeing it from Narcoosee's or the Polynesian, though. It's a nice addition if you're already eating there, but I don't think there's any reason to plan a meal at one of those places specifically for the fireworks.

CaptainAmerica

I agree with this with a caveat -- once you've seen it from Main Street, I do think seeing it from the California Grill roof is worth doing because it's really cool. But you should definitely see it from Main Street first.

I don't really get the point of seeing it from Narcoosee's or the Polynesian, though. It's a nice addition if you're already eating there, but I don't think there's any reason to plan a meal at one of those places specifically for the fireworks.
I like Ohana for its own sake but I agree. Not for the sake of the fireworks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom