'Ohana For Two - No Can Do at Day 185 or Day 186

StarshipDisney

Original Poster
Good Morning,

Well, this morning I tried to make a reservation at 'Ohana at both the 185 and 186 day marks. I tried the entire time spectrum from 3:30 to 10:00 PM each night and there is no reservation available for 2 people at all. Nothing...nada...at the "180 + 5" or the "180 + 6" day points.

But, if you change the reservation to 3 people, then EVERY time is available.

Would it help to call? Not sure if anyone will even be there with the current closure.

This is frustrating, so I made a reservation for our desired time at Day 185 for 3 people.

So... what happens if we show up and say we only have 2 people? Will they turn us away? Will they charge us for the 3rd person? Anyone ever seen this happen?

Any helpful feedback appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. Got everything we wanted except 'Ohaha.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
You will not be charged for the 3rd person. We had to do this when the third member of our party was unable to join us. At check in we said, “There’s been a change and we are just a party of two.” No problems at all. The per person fee is only charged when no one shows up to eat.

kimberlymautz

What everyone else said! I had the same issue with one of my reservations last trip and ended up calling. They gave me whatever time I wanted (different restaurant) and told me if I saw a 3 person availability I could just book it and either call and they'd adjust it or just let them know when we got there.

StarshipDisney

Original Poster
Thanks all. I love 'Ohana and have not been there since 2016.

I don't feel good about making a reservation for 3 but hopefully I will get away with it. I would just so hate to show up and they say "unless you have 3 people we cannot take you". Hopefully my experience will be similar to yours.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No

I don't feel good about making a reservation for 3 but hopefully I will get away with it. I would just so hate to show up and they say "unless you have 3 people we cannot take you". Hopefully my experience will be similar to yours.
It's not cheating the system and with ANY dining reservation as long as at least one person shows there will be no problem.
Sometimes the system is just wonky.
You could still look for a reservation for 2 and cancel the one for 3...

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!

Well, then you grab a random stranger sitting in the waiting area and ask, "Are you ready to eat yet?"

StarshipDisney

Original Poster
Thanks all. Just to follow-up...

I called Disney today to schedule a tour and the cast member asked if there was anything else she can help with. So I decided to mention my 'Ohana issue and she told me that she could change my existing reservation to 2 people. So I gave her my reservation number and she then found out that she could not change it and then tried to make us another reservation for 2 people; but was again unable to do so. She went away for a moment and when she came back she said that 'Ohana was not working correctly and was not showing any reservations for 2. Only 3 or more. This is I guess a known issue they are working on. She told me that she put a note in my existing reservation for 3 that this is for 2 people and that I would not have an issue.

Also, just FYSA in case you did not know that tours show up in MDE now. I know they didn't 2 years ago. Glad to see they fixed that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom