Ohana Dinner ?

firecatgirl

Original Poster
This trip we would like to do Ohana at dinner but was just wondering if they have a picky eater friendly option available for some of my family? Both kids are considered adults now. I've seen a couple videos that show a platter of chicken nuggets and fries but they dont mention it in the video. My husband is a picky eater as well as one of my kids. Also is the bread pudding the only dessert option?
Thank you for any help :)

epcotisbest

This trip we would like to do Ohana at dinner but was just wondering if they have a picky eater friendly option available for some of my family? Both kids are considered adults now. I've seen a couple videos that show a platter of chicken nuggets and fries but they dont mention it in the video. My husband is a picky eater as well as one of my kids. Also is the bread pudding the only dessert option?
Thank you for any help :)
There is a kids sized brownie with some toppings for dessert if you don't like the bread pudding. Dessert is kinda an afterthought though as you are going to be so full. The bread pudding is delicious. As for picky eaters, part of the fun of ohana is trying things a bit different and unusual. I'd say for picky eaters, it is a total waste of money and time.

Weather_Lady

I agree with @epcotisbest. If the picky eaters won't eat any one or more of stir-fried veggies, lo mein, tossed salad, sticky chicken wings, grilled shrimp/steak/pork and/or dessert, there's no point in taking them to 'Ohana. You'll be paying "all-you-care-to-enjoy-themed-meal-with-entertainment" prices ($50 per person ages 10 and up, plus tax and tip) for them to eat the same chicken nuggets and fries they could get for a fraction of the price at any counter-service location. If it was just one toddler who didn't care for the 'Ohana menu, I'd say go for it, but since you're talking about two full-priced "adults", I'd either: (1) keep the reservation only for you and the non-picky eater (the rest can go to Captain Cook's and nugget it up); or (2) skip it altogether -- and perhaps consider Kona Cafe, where you can order a la carte and everybody can find (or customize) something to their liking, whether it's a stir fry, sushi, or a hamburger.

epcotisbest

I agree with @epcotisbest. If the picky eaters won't eat any one or more of stir-fried veggies, lo mein, tossed salad, sticky chicken wings, grilled shrimp/steak/pork and/or dessert, there's no point in taking them to 'Ohana. You'll be paying "all-you-care-to-enjoy-themed-meal-with-entertainment" prices ($50 per person ages 10 and up, plus tax and tip) for them to eat the same chicken nuggets and fries they could get for a fraction of the price at any counter-service location. If it was just one toddler who didn't care for the 'Ohana menu, I'd say go for it, but since you're talking about two full-priced "adults", I'd either: (1) keep the reservation only for you and the non-picky eater (the rest can go to Captain Cook's and nugget it up); or (2) skip it altogether -- and perhaps consider Kona Cafe, where you can order a la carte and everybody can find (or customize) something to their liking, whether it's a stir fry, sushi, or a hamburger.

That is a very good idea, splitting the party with the picky eaters going to Captain Cook instead. That way those who will enjoy ohana still get to enjoy it while the others don't waste money there. Kona for everyone is a good idea too if unwilling to split up.

Phonedave

Thank you for the suggestions

Really though, how picky are they. The food at Ohana is not all that crazy. It's really just lo mein, and a bunch of meat (chicken wings and grilled steak, shrimp, and pork). I know there are some kids out there that only eat chicken nuggets, or wont eat brown food, or other such super picky issues, but for most adults the food is pretty much middle of the road.

I myself dont find it so all fired great, and definitely not worth the price, but that's a different issue. Many people do enjoy it.

dave

firecatgirl

Original Poster
Really though, how picky are they. The food at Ohana is not all that crazy. It's really just lo mein, and a bunch of meat (chicken wings and grilled steak, shrimp, and pork). I know there are some kids out there that only eat chicken nuggets, or wont eat brown food, or other such super picky issues, but for most adults the food is pretty much middle of the road.

I myself dont find it so all fired great, and definitely not worth the price, but that's a different issue. Many people do enjoy it.

dave

My husband is the pickiest of them to be honest :( The meats they wouldn't have any problems with some will like the noodles and the rest of the offering some won't, we have lots of time to decide so it's still a possibility but doubtful now. I didn't know some of the food was offered in the QS areas or Lounge so I may go that route definitely makes more sense.

Club34

o'hana is simply one of my current favorites on property. i vote for ditching the chicken nuggetors. please enjoy your meal. and have some lo mein, salad, and steak for me!!!

Weather_Lady

My husband is the pickiest of them to be honest :( The meats they wouldn't have any problems with some will like the noodles and the rest of the offering some won't, we have lots of time to decide so it's still a possibility but doubtful now. I didn't know some of the food was offered in the QS areas or Lounge so I may go that route definitely makes more sense.

The entire 'Ohana dinner can also be ordered as room service, FWIW, if you're staying at the Polynesian.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom