Ohana dinner reservations

Stitch826

Original Poster
Is it completely impossible to find an Ohana dinner reservation? I’ve been checking the app multiple times a day and found zip. The other day multiple slots opened up for the California Grill, but still nothing for Ohana.

HouCuseChickie

While we've had some luck when ADRs first open, especially if 'Ohana is later in our trip, our best luck has come searching day of or day before. I've started to use last minute openings as part of my dining booking strategies. I think it was our 2017 trip where I couldn't get 'Ohana at the 180 mark and put Narcoosee's in as a place filler...a meal that we would have been perfectly happy with if nothing at 'Ohana opened up. The day before...while we were at WDW, I got an 'Ohana ADR and dropped Narcoosee's.

Waynetogo

I tried right at 6am, 5:45am to 6am and when it allowed at 6am there were no slots available. Something is up, are there really that many waiting at 6am for ohana?

LeighM

Ohana was fully booked last week or so when I had to make my ADRs. I checked back 2 nights later and there were 2 times available during my trip. I got both of them until I was able to tweak my plans and then cancelled one the next day. A lot of rooms and dining seem to become available after park closes for the night. Since I have a sleep disorder, I'm always able to check between 2-4am when a lot of reservations become available. Because it's so popular, it's usually booked very quickly bc resort guests can make dining for every day of their trip as soon as their window opens up. It's easier to get Ohana at the end of your trip when there's less people competing for it. But people do cancel but they normally appear at night. Just keep checking esp as your trip gets closer. And check the app early the day of for walk up availability as you might be able to get in that way, as well.

Waters Back Side

I do not know how I did it but I managed Wednesday AM at my 60 days out to book Ohana Dinner for New Years Eve for 5 guests! Of course it's at 9:45 pm but we do not care. As we plan to stay until midnight at MK on the 30th instead so a late dinner is good for us. If I am not staying at the Poly, but am staying at another Disney resort for the week, am I allowed to go to the beach area New Years eve and watch the fireworks (I'm taking a wild guess that Fantasy of the Sky will be back).

I know on any typical day other then the pool, you are allowed to watch fireworks as a non resort guest at the Poly if you had a dinner reservation or etc, but I'm wondering what it would be like in New Years Eve. Seems like perfect timing to eat at 9:45, be done by 11 or a little after and head down to the beach or by where the boats are.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I do not know how I did it but I managed Wednesday AM at my 60 days out to book Ohana Dinner for New Years Eve for 5 guests! Of course it's at 9:45 pm but we do not care. As we plan to stay until midnight at MK on the 30th instead so a late dinner is good for us. If I am not staying at the Poly, but am staying at another Disney resort for the week, am I allowed to go to the beach area New Years eve and watch the fireworks (I'm taking a wild guess that Fantasy of the Sky will be back).

I know on any typical day other then the pool, you are allowed to watch fireworks as a non resort guest at the Poly if you had a dinner reservation or etc, but I'm wondering what it would be like in New Years Eve. Seems like perfect timing to eat at 9:45, be done by 11 or a little after and head down to the beach or by where the boats are.
It will be the same. We have done it 12/30 & 12/31 multiple times as well as 7/3 & 7/4. The last time was pre Covid in 2019.

DfromATX

I'm in the same boat as you! My 60-days is Wednesday and I'll be up at 4:30 a.m. central time, ready to go, but I've been planning and checking and stays booked solid! I would have a backup place in mind for sure. It's the same for Space 220 as well.

DfromATX

I got 'Ohana this morning! Today was my 60-day mark. We arrive on a Sunday and 'Ohana will be on Wednesday, our MK day. I started checking at 5:30, then 5:45, but not allowed to book until right at 6:00 sharp. First I checked for Space 220 and it was not available, but I was able to do San Angel, which was my second choice. Then I went to the next hardest, 'Ohana. Two times to choose from and I got 7:15! I'm happy!! I think what people say about choosing it for later in your week is your best bet.

P.S. - When are you going? There is currently a 9:40 available on Wednesday, January 26.

Last edited:

DfromATX

I tried right at 6am, 5:45am to 6am and when it allowed at 6am there were no slots available. Something is up, are there really that many waiting at 6am for ohana?

Yes, there are lots of us. I was one of them and so were you! ;) I got my 'Ohana, but no luck with Space 220, which I didn't expect anyway, but also Garden Grill and Blue Zoo (at the Dolphin) were all booked out. Now that surprised me. I thought how many people are trying to get that restaurant all the way at the Dolphin??

Big Ben

I got 'Ohana this morning! Today was my 60-day mark. We arrive on a Sunday and 'Ohana will be on Wednesday, our MK day. I started checking at 5:30, then 5:45, but not allowed to book until right at 6:00 sharp. First I checked for Space 220 and it was not available, but I was able to do San Angel, which was my second choice. Then I went to the next hardest, 'Ohana. Two times to choose from and I got 7:15! I'm happy!! I think what people say about choosing it for later in your week is your best bet.

P.S. - When are you going? There is currently a 9:40 available on Wednesday, January 26.
I was on at 6:00 AM as well. Arriving same day as you, couldn't get one until 9:00 PM on Wednesday! Maybe I'll see you there, lol.

DfromATX

I was on at 6:00 AM as well. Arriving same day as you, couldn't get one until 9:00 PM on Wednesday! Maybe I'll see you there, lol.

Yay for you! I'm pretty excited because it used to be our "must-do," then one year we didn't go and regretted it, then the pandemic hit.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yes, there are lots of us. I was one of them and so were you! ;) I got my 'Ohana, but no luck with Space 220, which I didn't expect anyway, but also Garden Grill and Blue Zoo (at the Dolphin) were all booked out. Now that surprised me. I thought how many people are trying to get that restaurant all the way at the Dolphin??
Bluezoo has tables on opentable

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom