Oh, things you just HATE to hear!

General Grizz

Original Poster
What are some frases you HATE to hear from the average tourist? :lol:

Mine happen to be...

"THE BIG BALL!" ..or.. "THE GIANT GOLF BALL!" when referring to Spaceship Earth. Tsk...tsk...at least call it a geosphere...tsk tsk...

"THE BIG TREE!" for the Tree of Life. OK, it is a BIG TREE...but it has a name! :lol:

Anyone?

NowInc

Said by ignorant tourist with deep southern accent::

"Ha! Its raining. These damn floridians have no idea what to do in the rain! They thikn they will melt!" (keep in mind that Florida on average gets more rainfall than any other state...

Sheri

When people refer to Magic Kingdom as "Disney World"...

When people get IOA or US rides or show confused with DW's...

When people think of Disney related things child-ish (like a few of my freinds :mad: )...

When people judge DW even beofre being there...

And some more but I can't remember em

General Grizz

Original Poster
Good ones, everyone! Also...when I'm in a sweater and jacket when it's 50 degrees, northerners will say "oh, you have no idea what cold means!"...:mad:

NowInc

This is one I heard a few months ago::

"Is the water real?"

I swear..some people should require a licence to ask questions...

NowInc

Said while standing right in front of ToT::

"Where is the Tower Of Terror?"

here are some others::

"Does this bus go to Universal Studios?"

"I wonder how long it took them to grow that tree" (Of course they are talking abuot the tree of life)

"Those animatronics look soooo fake"

"Where are the security cameras on this ride?"

I have tons of em....i seem to remember stuff like this...lol...

ToTBellHop

any "music" coming from the mouths of the Brazillian tour groups...

"I'd like a taaaaaaaaaaaaaaco and a burita"...people who can't speak spanish need to NOT TRY or LEARN HOW

"I'd like a Plate-o Combination"...tsk tsk...

people who laugh during the ToT preshow...or any other preshow for that matter

and the worst ever...at All-Star Movies...bus pulls up..."That's a monorail? What's the big deal?" ~no comment~
Kyle

NowInc

"Its so crouded here!"

"That loop on space mountain was great!"

"I don't like rollercoasters, thats why I dont ride splash mountain"

"Those birds look so real!" (referring to the REAL birds that flock around WDW)

"Walt disney said that he likes the Florida parks better than the california ones, thats why he was buried here" (I cant even START explaining how that is wrong on so many levels)

"Why are the teacups in Tommorowland?"

"Can I keep that drawing" (ALWAYS said on the animation tour, usually right after the animator says its against his contract)

I'll post more later..

General Grizz

Original Poster
You reminded me of two ladies yelling at reps at City Hall on the 28th saying: "THIS PLACE IS TOO CROWDED! YOU HAVE TO MAKE IT SO CROWDED!!!!!"

Geez...then why don't YOU go, ladies? :lol:

NowInc

"Do you know where I can find some Mickey dolls?"

"Well, we need to get a good seat to see the parade because the rides close when its going on"

"I wish they gave you more options for food" (apparently thinking disney only serves turkey legs, lemonaide, etc)

"THAT COASTER WAS LAME!" (said right after the coaster ended...and they were screaming the whole time)

'Well, what do you expect...of course you are getting ripped off...Mickey is Evil" (I swear to god I have heard that on more than one occasion)

"I wonder if the Tower of Terror is scary?" (now..keep in mind not only does it have the word "Terror" in the title...but you can hear people screaming from the outside"

Quentin Disney

If there is anything that will bring a total wrath of anger to Quentin Disney, it would have to be people getting Walt Disney World and Disneyland mixed up. This occasionally happens in the media and it really angers me!!!!!!!!

Walt Disney World - Florida

Disneyland - California

Simple. as. that.

Another pet peeve of mine has to do with the fact that Universal Orlando is still referred in the media as "Universal Studios". This morning, I could not believe the ignorance of the newscaster on Good Day Orlando when he called Universal Studios a "theme park" (not plural). The local media still can't distinguish the fact that Universal Studios is not alone anymore after nearly three years.

Pathetic!

Bdis86

Account Suspended
Ha

What park are we going to today?

Walt Disney World

No, lets go to the Universal-MGM Studios

I wished we had used FastPass, this line is so long. (Note that Disney didn't offer fastpass on this attraction.

Lets go on the Tower of Rock and Roll!

Is this a ride? (Asking in front of the entrance of Space Mt., where the voice says this is a high-speed roller-coaster type ride in the dark...)

Lets go on the Big ball! (Note: Disney has only 3 "official" terms for this attraction. They are: The giant golfball (Said on the Epcot Monorail), The world's biggest geosphere, and Spaceship Earth.)

This place is really run down. I wish Disney would clean up this area. (Talking about Arfica at the AK)

Lets go to the Magic Kingdom Park! (This sounds fine, but it was said at the Disneyland Hotel. The name of the park in CA is Disneyland Park, Not Magic Kingdom, or Disneyland Resort.)

talkinghands

Boy there are advantages to having a hearing loss. I never hear any of this. I get to go along blissfully and enjoy things without the dumb comments.

What bugs me is the castmembers who are seating you at shows who do not know the sign for interpreter. Geez give me a break. If the show is interpreted at least teach them enough sign to know the guest needs the interpreter.

HMGhost13

My parents just came back from AK lodge and some lady was tapping the bar on her balcony the floor above them and whistling...(they also told us how QUIET it is there, so sounds litterally carry) anyways, her husband comes out and she says "they're not coming over here".

NowInc

Originally posted by HMGhost13
My parents just came back from AK lodge and some lady was tapping the bar on her balcony the floor above them and whistling...(they also told us how QUIET it is there, so sounds litterally carry) anyways, her husband comes out and she says "they're not coming over here".

LoL!!!!!!! That is soooo much better than All of mine...classic....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom