Oh no!... Columbus day!

Leo!

Hi all,

I've been @ WDW during October, but in 2014 it will be our first Columbus weekend. My major concern is the crowd levels. We will be there from October 8 to 14... so my questions are:

- Is it possible to go 2 the parks on that weekend or it's absolutely insane?. For "Insane" I mean, can't even walk freely, +/- an hour for non-popular rides, crazy lines for fast food or a bottle of water, etc.
- if it's crowded, what do you recommend to do?... we usually go shopping, play minigolf, off-property dining...
- Anyone tryed other attractions like Universal, Seaworld, NASA on that dates?.

Thanks in advance!

Leo

Clamman73

This past 2013 Columbus Day weekend was an observed 6 at MK and EPCOT. I was there during the week just before that weekend and it was getting pretty crowded for during the week in October.

Upvote 0

PrincessMia

We've been there twice that week during the past 3 years. I wouldn't say it was crazy but the crowds were nowhere near as low as other sites say they should be. We decided against lines and crowds and heat, and went swimming in the middle of the day. BECAUSE of the big crowds, we had the best trip ever. For once, we chose relaxation.

Upvote 0

bigorangeandy

We did a Columbus Day weekend several years ago and the crowd level was above average. It was also a heat wave (temperatures were in the mid 90's), and the Food and Wine was going on at EPCOT. We hit the parks early, took a break in the afternoon, then headed back at night. To me the biggest problem was the heat, it just really wears on you. We had lots of water and took it easy, overall a fun trip.

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
This past year (2013)We were there the week before and it was dead, but I read @blackthidot TR and he was down the following week, which I believe is the week you're talking about and from what he indicated it was relatively busy. Hopefully he can chime in and give you a first hand account of what it's like.

Upvote 0

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Hi all,

I've been @ WDW during October, but in 2014 it will be our first Columbus weekend. My major concern is the crowd levels. We will be there from October 8 to 14... so my questions are:

- Is it possible to go 2 the parks on that weekend or it's absolutely insane?. For "Insane" I mean, can't even walk freely, +/- an hour for non-popular rides, crazy lines for fast food or a bottle of water, etc.
- if it's crowded, what do you recommend to do?... we usually go shopping, play minigolf, off-property dining...
- Anyone tryed other attractions like Universal, Seaworld, NASA on that dates?.

Thanks in advance!

Leo

I'd go the 3 weeks before that or 2 weeks after. NEVER again will I go that week and the following week.

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

I'd go the 3 weeks before that or 2 weeks after. NEVER again will I go that week and the following week.
Weekends in October are busy to begin with, then throw in F&W, crowds are crazy coo coo! Trying to lock in on dates now for October and know, whichever we choose, it will be busy, busy, busy. My best suggestion for Columbus Day Weekend is to avoid Epcot and MK. (Maybe a pool day then DTD, or do AK)

Upvote 0

SMS55

Columbus Day is not one of the holidays that Disney sees a large increase in crowds. I've been on MLK, Presidents, Memorial, and Veterans. Memorial gets a little busier than the others, but very manageable especially if you arrive early. I haven't gone on Labor Day in over ten years so it might not be a good indicator. Back then it was dead. Kids are back in school by Labor Day so it might still not be bad at all. Never gone for July 4th but I've heard horror stories. Thanksgiving is another one where you will see large crowds.

Upvote 0

JohnD

Columbus Day is not one of the holidays that Disney sees a large increase in crowds. I've been on MLK, Presidents, Memorial, and Veterans. Memorial gets a little busier than the others, but very manageable especially if you arrive early. I haven't gone on Labor Day in over ten years so it might not be a good indicator. Back then it was dead. Kids are back in school by Labor Day so it might still not be bad at all. Never gone for July 4th but I've heard horror stories. Thanksgiving is another one where you will see large crowds.

Unless you work in the Federal Government, you probably don't have Columbus Day off. There are people outside of that you may have the day off but the overall number compared to other holidays is probably smaller.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom