Oh my gosh!! What to do now?

tiggerzgirl83

Original Poster
Ok, I am so stressed. My boyfriend and I booked a trip Nov 14-21 with my family so its 14 of us going. It will be our first vacation together and we have been counting down the days and we were sooo excited. Now he has been laid off from his union for awhile so he didnt have to worry about work right now. He has been job hunting for months now and nobody is hiring because the stinking economy. Dont you know 3days ago his union calls him back for an interview for the apprenticeship next wednsday!! Now we are dreading to find out if they will take our booked tripped in concideration and still let him go. Its so bad ive been crying everyday. I am a Disney fanatic and i go every year but last year i couldnt afford it because of college. Now we can go and this happens...Just my luck, has this ever happend to anyone? What should I do, i dont wanna go if he cant:cry:

julsie

know the feeling in 2007 i booked a trip for me and DH but his citizenship for the uk didnt come through in time, in the end he had to cancel and i went solo.

trr1

Ok, I am so stressed. My boyfriend and I booked a trip Nov 14-21 with my family so its 14 of us going. It will be our first vacation together and we have been counting down the days and we were sooo excited. Now he has been laid off from his union for awhile so he didnt have to worry about work right now. He has been job hunting for months now and nobody is hiring because the stinking economy. Dont you know 3days ago his union calls him back for an interview for the apprenticeship next wednsday!! Now we are dreading to find out if they will take our booked tripped in concideration and still let him go. Its so bad ive been crying everyday. I am a Disney fanatic and i go every year but last year i couldnt afford it because of college. Now we can go and this happens...Just my luck, has this ever happend to anyone? What should I do, i dont wanna go if he cant:cry:

First take a shot of your favorite alchoholic beverage:animwink: take a deep breath and relax. Alot of jobs will take into account previous plans and they might just let him have off without pay that week.

DisneyCanadian

I've been in a situation similar to this, and I find that honesty is the best option. During the interview be positive and tell them up front.

I have had two interviews where something like this came up, I told them up front and I still got the job. The company was very accomodating, they also want to make a good impression as well.

elisatonks

Having been involved in recruiting in the past, If the company really wants him to work for them, they will still hire him and allow him to have the week off.

foreverbelle

I agree, I wouldn't worry about it to much, if they want him they will work around. Not to mention that if he lets them know in advance and is honest with them, more than likely they won't have an issue with it. I work with staffing people (recruiting) and we have had several people let us know and have been able to accommodate them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom