Pre-Trip OH MY GOD I'M BACK AGAIN: huge family trip, birthday, 1st visit, engagement??

Hey there everybody! It's been three long years since my last trip report, and three long years since my last trip. I've been lurking and not posting much because my Disney morale has been low, but now I've officially booked my 2019 trip with my family for October 2019! AND I AM SO EXCITED I CAN'T EVEN SLEEP ANYMORE. All I want to do is plan.

And one of the best things about this trip? I'll be staying at the Polynesian for the first time in 6 years!

I'll post more tomorrow, but if you're interested in checking out my last trip report it's below in my signature-- I took a sister trip in 2016!

To come next post: dates, dining reservations, and intro to my cast of characters!

To give you a preview of what you're in for, heres a pic from one of the last times I stayed at the Poly:
FB_IMG_1531110692862.jpg

EDIT 7/3 ITINERARY IS NOW IN COMMENTS, as well as MagicBands and Fast Passes!

Last edited:

jrogue

Original Poster
AND THE FASTPASSES HAVE BEEN BOOKED!! Having a hard time getting an earlier time for Slinky. Would you guys suggest rope dropping the roller coaster and leaving my FP for something else? Here is the lineup:

SATURDAY: MK
Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
Enchanted Tales with Belle
Jungle Cruise

SUNDAY: AK
Meet favorite Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost
FOTLK
Kilimanjaro Safari

MONDAY: HS
Star Tours
BATB Live On Stage
Slinky Dog Dash

TUESDAY: EC
Frozen Ever After
The Seas with Nemo and Friends
Spaceship Earth

WEDNESDAY: MK
Peter Pan's Flight
BTMRR
Splash Mountain

THURSDAY: AK
Expedition Everest
Rivers of Light

FRIDAY: EC
Living with the Land
Spaceship Earth
Soarin'

jrogue

Original Poster
I think ... I think I'm nearly all set for this trip??!!!

Dining reservations? ✔
Fastpasses? ✔
Autograph book? ✔
Minnie ears? ✔
Little itinerary book? ✔

I just need to physically do the packing, print out my itinerary book, and then I will be all done and ready!! Is August too early to start packing for my October trip? :hilarious:

BeautyBelle

View attachment 398622

We got our second set of magic bands for our split stay in! But no luggage tags which was a bummer. I was hoping the grey/purplish ones would come in but they didn't 😔
We didn't receive luggage tags with our magic bands either. :( I thought about calling but we already have Disney tags on our suitcase so I guess I don't need another one, even if I might want one...

jrogue

Original Poster
We didn't receive luggage tags with our magic bands either. :( I thought about calling but we already have Disney tags on our suitcase so I guess I don't need another one, even if I might want one...
Maybe email them? That's what I was thinking of doing since it's such a small request!

BeautyBelle

Maybe email them? That's what I was thinking of doing since it's such a small request!
I finally remembered to call about the tag and magical extras card. Apparently they only send those out when someone purchases a package from Disney. We rented DVC and purchased tickets through Undercover Tourist so we don't get the tags. Oh well!

jrogue

Original Poster
I finally remembered to call about the tag and magical extras card. Apparently they only send those out when someone purchases a package from Disney. We rented DVC and purchased tickets through Undercover Tourist so we don't get the tags. Oh well!
Oh that stinks!! I called too and they sent me mine, but that's probably because I booked through them. That stinks :( maybe next time!

jrogue

Original Poster
Well, we've made it to the under 30 days mark and I am SO EXCITED!!! I've started to pack little things here and there, and the cooler it gets outside the easier it will be for me to put aside summer/Disney-specific stuff like shorts, etc. I have a Lilo outfit planned for our Ohana breakfast, and my super subtle Tiki Room costume for MNSSHP.

Going to try and watch some Disney movies before we go ... maybe some I haven't seen in a couple of years like Lilo and Stitch!

jrogue

Original Poster
WE ARE ALMOST IN THE SINGLE DIGITS. WE ARE CLOSE ENOUGH THAT I CAN ACTUALLY CHECK OUR WEATHER FORECAST!!

and it's looking a bit wet for our trip -- but that's okay! That should cool things down a bit, and as long as it doesn't rain during the Halloween party I'll be happy. :) Have you guys had rainy trips recently? Aside from bringing ponchos (and riding every available ride!!) do you have any rain tips?

krisri18

WE ARE ALMOST IN THE SINGLE DIGITS. WE ARE CLOSE ENOUGH THAT I CAN ACTUALLY CHECK OUR WEATHER FORECAST!!

and it's looking a bit wet for our trip -- but that's okay! That should cool things down a bit, and as long as it doesn't rain during the Halloween party I'll be happy. :) Have you guys had rainy trips recently? Aside from bringing ponchos (and riding every available ride!!) do you have any rain tips?

View attachment 413092
I think it was cloudy and/or rainy at some point every day of our August trip. Pack extra socks and shoes so you have dry ones for the next day or wear sandals if you have a pair that are good for walking, they dry much faster and you won't care as much when your feet are wet!

Last edited:

jrogue

Original Poster
I think it was cloudy and/or rainy at some point every day of our August trip. Pack extra socks and shoes so you have dry ones for the next day or wear sandals if you have a pair that are good for walking, they dry mun faster and you won't care as much when your feet are wet!
Thanks -- and yep -- I actually went and bought a pair of rain sandals lol!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom