Oga's 9:05 Breakfast - can I still get in Smuggler's line?

emike888

Original Poster
Hello friends, we have a 9:05 breakfast res at Oga's in Hollywood Studios on a day the park opens at 9AM (no early entry that day). Given everything I have read about rope drop at HWS now that Galaxy's Edge is open, I am wondering if we will have to walk back to the end of the rope-drop "line" when they enter for Smuggler's Run standby line?

kendie_mac

Maybe I’m misunderstanding, but if Rope Drop is at 9AM & your reservation is at 9:05AM there will be no Rope Drop line by the time you are done. You’d head straight to the standby line for Smugglers Run.
Were you hoping to to blow off your reservation to go straight to the opening of Smugglers Run?

emike888

Original Poster
Maybe I’m misunderstanding, but if Rope Drop is at 9AM & your reservation is at 9:05AM there will be no Rope Drop line by the time you are done. You’d head straight to the standby line for Smugglers Run.
Were you hoping to to blow off your reservation to go straight to the opening of Smugglers Run?

Thanks for the reply Kendie! That's actually what I was trying to figure out. If we did get entrance 15 minutes before the 9"05 Oga's reservation and were in the Galaxy's Edge area waiting and saw a flood of rope droppers and decide to take the reservation fee hit, would they make us go back to the end of the rope drop line that was walked into the park at opening? I may be way overthinking this.

The_Jobu

Thanks for the reply Kendie! That's actually what I was trying to figure out. If we did get entrance 15 minutes before the 9"05 Oga's reservation and were in the Galaxy's Edge area waiting and saw a flood of rope droppers and decide to take the reservation fee hit, would they make us go back to the end of the rope drop line that was walked into the park at opening? I may be way overthinking this.

Are you sure they let people with breakfast reservations into GE before rope drop? I hadn't heard that.

emike888

Original Poster
Great question. I was only going off the general information I have researched that said as long as your dining res was before or up to 15-20 minutes after opening of a park, you would be allowed to enter in order to get to your dining location 15 minutes early. That was rom from other boards/forums. Seems to make sense in that if we were at the back of of rope drop line at 9AM, we would not make it all the way back to Oga's by 9:05.

The_Jobu

Great question. I was only going off the general information I have researched that said as long as your dining res was before or up to 15-20 minutes after opening of a park, you would be allowed to enter in order to get to your dining location 15 minutes early. That was rom from other boards/forums. Seems to make sense in that if we were at the back of of rope drop line at 9AM, we would not make it all the way back to Oga's by 9:05.

Yah that's tricky. Hopefully someone here can speak from experience how this works. I always thought it was like at MK where they let you into Main Street early but hold everyone there.

disneygeek90

Not sure when you’re going but open dates for HS have inched up a week or two away. In your case an earlier entrance would benefit you in that you could probably rope drop SR and then go straight to the Cantina. I would monitor the open time as you get closer.

stevec8315

Hello friends, we have a 9:05 breakfast res at Oga's in Hollywood Studios on a day the park opens at 9AM (no early entry that day). Given everything I have read about rope drop at HWS now that Galaxy's Edge is open, I am wondering if we will have to walk back to the end of the rope-drop "line" when they enter for Smuggler's Run standby line?
Hey Mike,
How did this work for you? I currently have a 8:05 reservation at Oga's and the park opens at 8:00. I'm hoping to get early entry in the park. I'm thinking I may just ditch the the reservation and pay the fee to jump in the stand by line at Smugglers. Any advice?
Thanks!!

ninjaprincesst

Hey Mike,
How did this work for you? I currently have a 8:05 reservation at Oga's and the park opens at 8:00. I'm hoping to get early entry in the park. I'm thinking I may just ditch the the reservation and pay the fee to jump in the stand by line at Smugglers. Any advice?
Thanks!!
[/QUO
It probably would not work out , because from what I have heard ADR people are pretty much limited to access to Oga's the cast members in GE or not going to let you deviate and get in line for smugglers run and when the drop the rope your just going to be in the middle of the crowd with out much advantage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom