Oga’s Cantina at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is now texting guests when there’s space available in the wildly popular Disneyland bar - OCR/SCNG

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
First off, glanced to see if this was posted and didn't see it, but due to IPW and City Political obligations. (The last 2 days, when I showed up in my driveway, I had neighbors wanting to talk to me due to permit parking and Short Term Rentals, plus a evening with Councilmember Barnes and others). Anyways, if I missed it, sorry in advance.

>>Oga’s Cantina at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, which generated hours-long standby lines and forced Disneyland to turn away patrons on opening day, is now texting customers to let them know when there’s space available in the wildly popular bar.

The cantina has implemented a text message return system that allows visitors to return later to a shorter “buffer queue” with a wait time of approximately 15 minutes, Disneyland officials said.

The goal of the new system: Let Star Wars fans spend more time experiencing the new 14-acre land and less time standing in line.

Visitors who provide their name, smartphone number and the number of people in their party will receive a text message to return when space becomes available in the cantina.<<

Wow, Knott's has done this ever since they reopened the Chicken Dinner Restaurant.

Last edited:

Sublyme

Would be nice if they could implement something like this for Trader Sam's. Nothing worse than trying to get a table and having to hover over people inside, and the same goes for trying to enjoy yourself while you have people hovering over you. I actually once had an entitled AP walk up to my wife, child and I at our table and say something to the effect that if we weren't drinking then we should give up our table. We were waiting for our next round of drinks to arrive at the time :)

And not to completely go off topic, this actually sounds like a great way to manage people wanting to get in. But when there's only one of this exclusive bar, it's always going to be an issue. They really should have built more than one with the same entrance so they could double capacity.

fctiger

At this point the entire land is going to just be all reservation based lol. You make a reservation to get in the land and then you make more reservations once you're in. This is probably the future though where everything will be mobile ordering, digital fastpasses and virtual queues.

But now that I know this, I might take my chances and put my name down. I don't plan to drink (this time) but would love a look inside at least if its possible.

Mac Tonight

And what if you can’t receive texts? :confused:
do you not have a cell phone???
giphy.gif

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Ever see those Consumer Cellular commercials that focus on Senior Citizens. Some of those phones only send and receive voice phone calls and a direct line to a operator if they need help like medical assistance.

No text ability. Just a very simple and basic device.
Well if those one Seniors is going to SW:GE alone, well they'e SOL....

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

First off, glanced to see if this was posted and didn't see it, but due to IPW and City Political obligations. (The last 2 days, when I showed up in my driveway, I had neighbors wanting to talk to me due to permit parking and Short Term Rentals, plus a evening with Councilmember Barnes and others). Anyways, if I missed it, sorry in advance.

>>Oga’s Cantina at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, which generated hours-long standby lines and forced Disneyland to turn away patrons on opening day, is now texting customers to let them know when there’s space available in the wildly popular bar.

The cantina has implemented a text message return system that allows visitors to return later to a shorter “buffer queue” with a wait time of approximately 15 minutes, Disneyland officials said.

The goal of the new system: Let Star Wars fans spend more time experiencing the new 14-acre land and less time standing in line.

Visitors who provide their name, smartphone number and the number of people in their party will receive a text message to return when space becomes available in the cantina.<<

Wow, Knott's has done this ever since they reopened the Chicken Dinner Restaurant.
woow. who knew SPRINT, T-MOBILE, VERIZON etc all existed in Star Wars that they could send text messages?!!!!! amazing! and all this time they wasted time with holograms.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

so does it say how you provide your number? do you have to go to the "batuu residents" running the cantina line and give it to them or can you do it from the app once you are in the land?

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I don’t use cellular service to receive calls. And others may not even bring a phone when on vacation.
All joking aside, I would guess that if you don't have a phone (or one that can receive texts) you would still be put on a waiting list, you just have to wait there outside close by until your slot is ready rather than being able to roam around and come back.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster

>>The Jedi weapons from the $200 lightsaber building experience at Savi’s Workshop remain the most-coveted item sold in Galaxy’s Edge.

Disneyland has begun issuing color-coded cards with suggested return times for Savi’s Workshop. The system will only be used at select times. At other times, prospective lightsaber builders will wait in a standby queue that can stretch to several hours.

Disneyland plans to institute a permanent reservation system for Oga’s Cantina and Savi’s Workshop that is similar to the theme park’s Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.

The $100 droid building experience at the Droid Depot shop will continue to employ a walk-up queue that can extend to 90 minutes or more.

Galaxy’s Edge visitors will not be able to enter the queues for Oga’s Cantina, Savi’s Workshop or Droid Depot after their 4-hour reservation time period has ended.<<

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Ever see those Consumer Cellular commercials that focus on Senior Citizens. Some of those phones only send and receive voice phone calls and a direct line to a operator if they need help like medical assistance.

No text ability. Just a very simple and basic device.

I think that's Jitterbug....had one of those for my Dad. I had not seen those on CC. My whole family uses Consumer Cellular, 3 generations! They simply use ATT network....and you can use any phone as well as buy them directly from CC....we love it for the low rates and great service. :angelic:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom