Offsite with Tickets - How does Fastpass work? Dinner Reservations?

Bramlugh

Good afternoon everyone, I hope your day is going well!

Newly minted single dad here (just past the 6 month mark) of a 10 year old and 18 year old, going back to Disney now that we have FREEDOM! Well, freedom and money in the bank now. Amazing how that changed after the divorce. But I digress.

Things have changed now, and I think I have a handle on what is what, but wanted to see if I can verify my dates... Details on the trip:

January 27 to February 4 - 2020
5 Travelers:
My parents - Early 60's, mother has severe back issues, but knows her limits, haven't seen them in 5 years
19 year old daughter - Currently in Nursing school, lives with parents, haven't seen her in 3 years
10 year old daughter - Currently lives with me, no face to face visitation allowed with her mother
Bramlugh - 38 year old geek who needs to lose weight before the trip

Staying at a home in Windsor Hills, doing 4 days in WDW, 1 in universal, and 1 day split among some other activities.

So I have my timeframes right:
Dinner reservations open 180 days prior to first day of the ticket - so for us,we would be looking at end of June
Fast+ - 30 days out - Since we are staying offsite, we would make our decisions late December

Now questions that I have written down:
I hear there is going to be a new show in EPCOT (I will be sad to see Illuminations go...) - Have they announced any dinner packages for it at any restaraunt there, to watch the show while eating?

Same question with Magic Kingdom's fireworks spectacle - I heard it was changing - Is there a dining package for it?
Or is the Dessert one the only available area? Do we know if this will stay be in place during our trip?

When it comes to our tickets... Do we get magic bands? Or is that onsite people only?

For Fast+ - Let's say we make choices on the 30 day out period - do they still allow fast passes in park if available? So if you use your Soarin fast pass, and you see there is open time on Test Track, can you pick that one up too?

Thank you everyone!!!

JohnD

Good afternoon everyone, I hope your day is going well!

Newly minted single dad here (just past the 6 month mark) of a 10 year old and 18 year old, going back to Disney now that we have FREEDOM! Well, freedom and money in the bank now. Amazing how that changed after the divorce. But I digress.

Things have changed now, and I think I have a handle on what is what, but wanted to see if I can verify my dates... Details on the trip:

January 27 to February 4 - 2020
5 Travelers:
My parents - Early 60's, mother has severe back issues, but knows her limits, haven't seen them in 5 years
19 year old daughter - Currently in Nursing school, lives with parents, haven't seen her in 3 years
10 year old daughter - Currently lives with me, no face to face visitation allowed with her mother
Bramlugh - 38 year old geek who needs to lose weight before the trip

Staying at a home in Windsor Hills, doing 4 days in WDW, 1 in universal, and 1 day split among some other activities.

So I have my timeframes right:
Dinner reservations open 180 days prior to first day of the ticket - so for us,we would be looking at end of June
Fast+ - 30 days out - Since we are staying offsite, we would make our decisions late December

I hear there is going to be a new show in EPCOT (I will be sad to see Illuminations go...) - Have they announced any dinner packages for it at any restaraunt there, to watch the show while eating?

Same question with Magic Kingdom's fireworks spectacle - I heard it was changing - Is there a dining package for it?
Or is the Dessert one the only available area? Do we know if this will stay be in place during our trip?

When it comes to our tickets... Do we get magic bands? Or is that onsite people only?

For Fast+ - Let's say we make choices on the 30 day out period - do they still allow fast passes in park if available? So if you use your Soarin fast pass, and you see there is open time on Test Track, can you pick that one up too?

Thank you everyone!!!

Answers below:

Not yet. All the focus is on Illuminations. You can count on dinner packages for the new show, however. Probably the same dinner packages offered for Illuminations now (e.g. Rose & Crown).

Same question with Magic Kingdom's fireworks spectacle - I heard it was changing - Is there a dining package for it? No
Or is the Dessert one the only available area? Do we know if this will stay be in place during our trip? There are three dessert parties. Two before the fireworks -- one for Tomorrowland Terrace seating, and one for plaza viewing. And one after the fireworks with plaza viewing then desserts in Tomorrowland Terrace after the fireworks.

When it comes to our tickets... Do we get magic bands? Or is that onsite people only? I believe that is for on-site only. Obviously, you can purchase MBs and link them to your tickets, though.

For Fast+ - Let's say we make choices on the 30 day out period - do they still allow fast passes in park if available? So if you use your Soarin fast pass, and you see there is open time on Test Track, can you pick that one up too? Between Soarin and TT, only if you use up your first three FPs. Soarin and TT are in the same tier so you can only choose one of them. You get one Tier 1 and two Tier 2 in your first three. Then whatever you can get as your fourth or more after that.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom