Offsite Downt Town Disney Hotels

BRER DAD

We decided to head down to WDW a week early and are looking for a nice hotel, not to pricey, and clean that is in driving distance to DTD. Anyone got any ideas???? Thanx!! :)

Brwneyedgirl72

I haven't stayed there, but I have heard that the Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista is pretty affordable. Have you considered staying in one of the Downtown Disney Hotels? Our favorite is the Hotel Royal Plaza - the rooms are huge!

Upvote 0

BRER DAD

Original Poster
Cant do POP, I have a family of 5......but thanx. I really want to stay off WDW property just because we never have. We check in POR a week after we arrive anyway......I just thought it would be fun to try somthing new.

Upvote 0

nolatron

I haven't stayed there, but I have heard that the Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista is pretty affordable. Have you considered staying in one of the Downtown Disney Hotels? Our favorite is the Hotel Royal Plaza - the rooms are huge!

I 2nd the Royal Plaza. If you get a room facing toward the street or toward DTD, you get a great view of the fireworks from EPCOT and Magic Kingdom at night.

We were on the DTD side of building (right side facing it), and we had this view of Illuminations:

IMG_3461.jpg

and the room:
IMG_2976.jpg

It was reasonably priced too for the tower room we got with jacuzzi tub for being so close to DTD.

Upvote 0

NEmickeyfan

We always stay at the Best Western LBV...at Downtown Disney Area. Nice hotel and moderately priced. Mears/Downtown disney busses are reliable to get to the parks and are free. Do a search on Expedia or Travelocity or Hotels.com (or other) to compare pricing.

Fair warning.... if you requst a room facing the parks/fireworks, it will cost you extra.

Good luck

Upvote 0

majorrfb

Hawthorne Suite

Hawthorne Suites is located in Lake Buena Vista opposite Hampton Inn. We LOVE the Hawthorne Suites, booked 5 nites (with AAA card) for $62/nite. This includes a wonderful breakfast, hot and cold choices, juices, etc. Mon-Thur nites, free adults drinks, Wed. (I believe) a picnic in the evening. Keep checking their websites, prices go up and down. The rooms are big, with choices for a single room or two room suites w/full kitchen etc. You will not be sorry. Very clean, great staff. ENJOY:sohappy:

Upvote 0

darrin933

check the quality suites, I thought they were affordable and you have a kitchenette with a stove,fridge and microwave. it also has a living room and a bedroom with 2 queen beds

Upvote 0

BRER DAD

Original Poster
Thanx everyone, you all gave me some great choices. Instead of making reservations and booking a room, my wife wants to drive down and "wing it" so im hoping we can find a room close to DTD that is fairly cheap till we check into POR. Im sure we will find somthing, thanx again!!

Upvote 0

SAV

There is the Courtyard which is right down the road from the Residence Inn mentioned above. I posted a thread in thie off site hotels forum if you want to take a look.

Upvote 0

abbeysmom

If I was going with a family I would definately book a condo at All Star Vacation homes. We stayed at Windsor Hills about a year ago and it was wonderful. It was nice having a full kitchen and 2 bathrooms. Plus you have all that extra living space. Very affordable and about 5 minutes from Disney property.

Upvote 0

Carolyn1717

Thanx everyone, you all gave me some great choices. Instead of making reservations and booking a room, my wife wants to drive down and "wing it" so im hoping we can find a room close to DTD that is fairly cheap till we check into POR. Im sure we will find somthing, thanx again!!

Before you "wing it", what are your travel dates? You don't want to get here and find no rooms available close to Disney. Have you priced the family suite at the All Star Music? That will hold a family of five & you'll save on gas, parking fees & time. One last thing, if you are going to stay off-site, check with Disney on their Good Neighbor Hotels, at least you know they have to meet Disney standards to be part of the Good Neighbor program.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom