Official WDWMagic Banner Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Here it is! We need a new banner now that the holidays are over, so it's up to all of you to think of something creative.
Here are the guidelines, as strict as strict can be. You will be creating 2 banners, one for the blue daylight BG, and one for the evening shades BG. For your entries to be eligible, they must follow these rules:

Dimensions - 700x60 pixels

Blue Daylight Background - RGB 66,119,173
Evening Shades Background - RGB 115, 125, 165

MUST incorporate the words...

WDWMAGIC.COM
An Unofficial Walt Disney World Fan Site
- no other wording!

No Characters of any kind

No Images from other Disney Official or UnOfficial Sites

Banner must work both color schemes, and be the same version of the banner (just different backgrounds).

Because of the strict guidelines and the complexity of the contest...this one is going to run for 2 weeks. The contest will end on February 2nd, 2003 at 10:59 PM EST.

As usual, if we recieve more than 15 entries a neutral party will decide the final ones to be used.

The winning banner could be run on the forum, so make 'em good!

Good luck everyone...looking forward to seeing the submissions.
:)

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Here is my Evening Shades banner.... I will post the Blue Daylight in a little bit...

Since Mission: Space will be opening sometime this year.. I decided to go with a M:S Theme :)

Hope ya guys and gals like it... :)

Attachments

• rgdmceveningshadebanner2.jpg
    rgdmceveningshadebanner2.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 394

DMC-12

Blue Daylight Background banner:

Attachments

• rgdmcbluedaylightbanner.jpg
    rgdmcbluedaylightbanner.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 385

tenchu

Originally posted by DMC-12
Here is my Evening Shades banner.... I will post the Blue Daylight in a little bit...

Since Mission: Space will be opening sometime this year.. I decided to go with a M:S Theme :)

Hope ya guys and gals like it... :)

I was about to say 'very mission:space-esque'

and then i realised you'd already said that it was based on M:S.

So this post is pointless really.

:brick:

EDIT: Very good though! (Almost forgot) :lol:

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Yes, the mission: space font is actually quite fitting considering the time is growing nearer.:lookaroun

WDWspider

I love it, but I'm wondering how the Sun Burst will look with the top and bottom chopped off, it's a shame the entire glare effect couldn't fit in, maybe it will be fine anyway, I just can't quite visualize it.

DMC-12

Thank you every one for the kind words about my banners :) :wave:

spider-man ... I went bigger with the sunburst/supernova... cause the orig M:S Logo I was looking at, did kinda the same thing... and it did not really look right... to me at least .....if I went any smaller :)

Attachments

• spacelogsm2.jpg
    spacelogsm2.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 344

WDWspider

Yeah, your right, I just couldn't see it for some reason. I'm usually a very visual person, but the Mission Space sign reference helped me a lot.

DisneyCP2000

Originally posted by Main Street USA
EEEEEK! No new entries! I'll post mine this over the weekend.:)

It'll be up sooner or later. I've created one but I'm not 100% sure if I want to go with it. :confused: :)

DCA Fan

Well, it's the weekend, so here's mine! I opted for a more "simplistic" look.

Attachments

• wdwmagic2_b.jpg
    wdwmagic2_b.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 287

kevlightyear

I've forgotten since the last contest--when you say no characters of any kind, does that include a mickey head silhouette? Just wondering.

Great entries so far by the way!

Maria

This might be a stupid question, but I am really not sure why it happens.

Why is it that every banner we have doesn´t go all the way from left to right on my screen? I don´t have a super big monitor, I have a laptop, but still. Like for instance, the one we are using now finishes with the Mickey silhoutte right on top in the middle of the "register" and "calendar" buttons. Then I have only blue for the next four buttons. Why? Is it possible to make the banners to fully cover the width of the site?

Excuse my ignorance please! :(

Lhriangel

I think that is the way Steve has it set, so it doesn't go completely across just to a certain point. Probally so the image isn't distorted by being stretched over different sized monitors. It does the same on mine and I have a 17" monitor.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
It's sized to fit an 800x600 perfectly. If you make it wide enough for a 1024 pixel screen, it would force an 800x600 machine to scroll right/left to see the whole thing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom