Official Star Wars Weekends 2009 Dates

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Very cool! I thought that there was about zero chance of Disney moving the dates back to May/June. Maybe the mouse took pity on a certain little green seasonal pass holder.:D

wannabeBelle

I am right there with ya, Master Yoda!!!! I am so happy that it was moved back at least partly into May so I can catch it for my B day trip!!!! Woohoo!!!!!!!!!! Belle

Murph5472

I wish I could share the excitement...

...I really do. Last July, we booked our trip for June 2009 specifically for going to Star Wars Weekends (we usually go in August). Unfortunately, we selected our trip dates based on previous Star Wars weekends being later in the month (aren't they usually all of June's weekends?)

Anyway, the dates we selected? June 16th thru June 24th!!!! AAHGH!! We'll miss it by 3 days!!!

We'd move the trip back a week, but several of our party of 13 are teachers and it would mess things up for them.

I guess that's what we get for scheduling without knowing confirmed dates....but that doesn't make me any less bummed out....:cry:

Anyway, hope you all have fun. There's always next year for me......

Murph5472

Hey there Murph, Why not come in a few days early yourself, then meet up with the others?? Belle

Believe me Belle, the thought has crossed my mind.... problem is we have our reservations booked though DVC which is why we booked 11 months out to assure the resort we wanted etc..... so we have all these points and days and stuff and yadda yadda yadda to consider because of that :rolleyes:

That said, I may have to come to Orlando for a "business" trip June 13th :lookaroun

wannabeBelle

Exactly!!! If you need a room only booking, please let me know. We can certainly see what we can do for you in terms of hopefully getting something a bit discounted at least!!! I am totally feeling your pain though, as for the last two years when the dumb thing was in June only I missed it. Belle

joanna71985

)Unfortunately, we selected our trip dates based on previous Star Wars weekends being later in the month (aren't they usually all of June's weekends?)

No. The SWW used to be half in May, and half in June. It was only the past 2 years that were all June.

Murph5472

Yep, you're right--it was split up over May and June prior to a couple years ago....I completely forgot. :eek:

And Belle, I may just be in touch with you about booking myself down there for a few days!!

wannabeBelle

Anytime!! Master Yoda and I both work for the same agency so you can feel free to e mail us ( E mails are in our signatures) or call the agency's main number, whichever is easier for you!! Belle

disneynut4u

We are thinking of pushing our trip back 1 week for the 1st week of SWW. My 14 year old son is a HUGE Star Wars fan. As of right now, we're going May 9-16. If we push it back to the next week, we'll get there 16th - 23 and opening weekend. What would the crowds be like?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We are thinking of pushing our trip back 1 week for the 1st week of SWW. My 14 year old son is a HUGE Star Wars fan. As of right now, we're going May 9-16. If we push it back to the next week, we'll get there 16th - 23 and opening weekend. What would the crowds be like?
SWW are always busy regardless of which week you go. You will want to get there early (1/2 hour or more) before opening and pick and choose what you want to do as the crowds make it very hard to do everything in one day. If you want autographs plant to get there way early (1 or more hours before opening)

stevo ohio

These dates are very exciting to me. We are planning a three day cruise (yeah Kids Sail Free!) ending 5/24 with two WDW days tacked on the end 5/24-5/25. Nobody else in my family is so excitied but I am...it will be nice to check out SWW at least on the 24th.

I'm not really interested in autographs...what else would be worth checking out?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
These dates are very exciting to me. We are planning a three day cruise (yeah Kids Sail Free!) ending 5/24 with two WDW days tacked on the end 5/24-5/25. Nobody else in my family is so excitied but I am...it will be nice to check out SWW at least on the 24th.

I'm not really interested in autographs...what else would be worth checking out?
The character meet and greets are a blast . Also shows like behind the force done with the attending celebrities are a real good time for even the most casual Star Wars fan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom