Official Photography Contest 9/15/06 - 9/21/06 Nighttime Photography Contest

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
As some of you may be aware, in the last contest I made the declaration that the rules are going to be enforced once again in these contests. No more of this every photo is included stuff. So what that means is if your photo is too big (which, as a reminder is 700X525 or 525X700), it is disqualified, if you're in the photo and you didn't take it, your picture is removed, if it is photoshopped, you will not be included, etc. If you have any concerns, please PM me. Thank you!

Nighttime Photo Contest

9/15-9/21 Nighttime Photo Contest Everyone loves nighttime photography. Matter of fact, those are usually the ones that win the contests. This contest focuses on that aspect. Photos must be taken at night of anything on Disney property

Official Contest Rules
All entries must be posted by 11:59pm PACIFIC TIME, submissions after this time will not be included.

1 submission per member, per contest. Once you post your picture, you can not replace it. You can not re-use the same entry in multiple contests.

Pictures can be taken with any type of camera (film or digital)

Pictures can not be altered in any way, except to adjust size, crop, or add your own personal watermark. This is a photography contest, not a photo-editing contest.

Please resize pictures to be no larger than 700x525 or 525x700

Please do not attach the photo to your post. Upload it to the WDWMagic photo album, or your own personal site and link the photo. If you use your own site, you are responsible to ensure the photo is viewable at all times (and not subject to bandwidth limitations).

Pictures can be taken at any time for any contest (if you visited in April of 2002, you can use those pictures for any contest that interests you).

Pictures must be taken by the member submitting the entry, and not by a family member or by a cast member.

Voting will begin within a day or two of the contest's end.

No breaking of park rules or common etiquette to take your pictures. (no accessing restricted areas, no flash photography on attractions which do not allow it....stuff like that)

Have Fun!

Tramp

tomorrowland.jpg

Bobster

Man, I haven't participated in one of these contests in a long time. Life took me over for awhile :)

Nice pics so far everyone ... but Tramp .... BEAUTIFUL SHOT!

Here's my entry ...

nighttime.jpg

BTW, I just got back from the World and have put a few new pictures on my site ...
http://www.wdwlive.com/ (still under construction, but back on the job now :))

SewIn2Disney

My camera (Nikon D70) Doesn't take pictures 725x500, the closest I could get without going over either dimension is 697x463, please tell me if that's not okay. Putting the pixels I want it to come out as in Paint only crops the picture, not shrinks it. If I get the picture to be 725x500, the picture comes out distorted.

In any case, here's my entry:

shrunk.JPG

Tramp

Putting the pixels I want it to come out as in Paint only crops the picture, not shrinks it. If I get the picture to be 725x500, the picture comes out distorted.

In any case, here's my entry:

Photos can't EXCEED 700 x 525...so you should be ok although the final decision lies with our boss, Nibs.

I see what you mean with the "Paint" program...it crops the photo rather than shrinking it...not a good program for our purposes. Whatever program you use, you have to be sure it resizes the photo 'proportionately' otherwise the photo will be distorted, like you said.

I use PHOTOSHOP but there are free programs out there that should do the job...here is one:

http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

Maybe we can get suggestions from other members that could do the job a lot easier.

PS: That's a super photo by the way.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Just curious, my I ask where it is?

Why yes. That was taken one night while waiting in the Soarin Que. Its a picture of anything on Disney property, at night.

I specifically remember it being taken at night because we were not sure that we would be able to get through the que in time to make a ressie at Le Cellier.

Disnut

Okay here is my first try ever. I hope it works.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 bgColor=#000000 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE class=tddetails cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom