***official Monorail Model Thread***

monorail_man

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Ok. Here it is. Anything and everything about the fine hobby of model monorails. (Preferably Disney monorails since this is a Disney board)

Let's see pictures of layouts, How To's & DIY's, you name it.

NOTE: In keeping with board policies please do not post any "FOR SALE" or "WANTED TO BUY" in here.

So have fun and "Please stand clear of the doors."

yensidtlaw1969

No Fair! I want a Red Monorail! Right now I only have Purple. Yeah. Whatever.

Anyway, right now I'm in the middle of retheming my room to Disneyland, so i'm reconfiguring my setup. I'm going to have my monorail riding around the ceiling in some wierd shape. I'll also have my train running around the entire perimeter of my room in a less wierd shape. Right now I only have some extremely sketchy pieces of concept art, which I will post if you like, because it is essentially what my setup will end up being.

Ofcourse, I have Spaceship Earth and the Contemporary Hotel for my setup as well, so they will be going along the Tomorrowland wall so they can be functional and still not look out of place.

Overall, I have the Monorail (purple), extended track, the Contemporary, Spaceship Earth, The Haunted Mansion (The Walt Disney World Version, but I'm doing searches on ebay for the Disneyland!), the Mad Tea Party, Dumbo, the Astro Orbitor, The Main Street Train Station, and the Castle.

Again, once I get my setup well, setup, I'll have pictures. Until then, VIVA LA TOY MONORAIL THREAD!

Yensidtlaw1969.

monorail_man

Account Suspended
Original Poster
WOO HOO. got my monorail today. It is VERY impressive. Great detail.

Few things I don't like is the voice of the speil talks too fast.

Oh well. Great job on this toy Disney.

yensidtlaw1969

I want to get Disneyland's Haunted Mansion, but I don't have a credit card or an Ebay account or anything :( (I'm only 14).

Whatever.

Yensidtlaw1969

Joevn

Speaking of eBay: Disney Deals is selling the Spaceship Earth Monorail Toy Accessory for $24 plus S&H! For those of you who don't have it yet, this is an awesome deal since it used to retail for $40.

To go directly to the auction, visit here.

If that has expired, do a search for "Disney monorail spaceship earth" on Disney Deals. They seem to be putting up new ones once an auction ended.

My guess is that they're are selling them at a low price because they're being discontinued and replaced with this Spaceship Earth Playset to be more in line with the other theme park icon playsets.

I personally think the first version is better so I bid on an earlier auction and won. :)

Anyway, good luck to any of you who try to get it! :)

Joe

monorail_man

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Joevn said:
Speaking of eBay: Disney Deals is selling the Spaceship Earth Monorail Toy Accessory for $24 plus S&H! For those of you who don't have it yet, this is an awesome deal since it used to retail for $40.

To go directly to the auction, visit here.

If that has expired, do a search for "Disney monorail spaceship earth" on Disney Deals. They seem to be putting up new ones once an auction ended.

My guess is that they're are selling them at a low price because they're being discontinued and replaced with this Spaceship Earth Playset to be more in line with the other theme park icon playsets.

I personally think the first version is better so I bid on an earlier auction and won. :)

Anyway, good luck to any of you who try to get it! :)

Joe

I got mine (just today) from Disney direct for the same price.

MY SSE

monorail_man

Account Suspended
Original Poster
jmaxwell007 said:
what kind of model are you doing monorail man? one of just the monorial loops or are you including parks too?

Well, as most modelers know, a model is never "done". My goal right now is to do the loops, but since they dont make authentic monorail stations for the MK or TTC or EPCOT, I'll have to make my own. That will then expand into doing the parks.

Thing is, I am doing the parks for back when the classic rides, like SkyWay and 20k, were still operating

You can see more here.

goldwinggrrl

Old Limited Edition Sets?

Does anyone have any information, (or any idea where I can find information) about the original monorail sets? I have seen pictures of a limited edition silver colored monorail and was just wondering if it was authentic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom