Official "Let the Memories Begin" Poll

What do you think of the Memories Campaign

• Good

Votes: 103 38.6%
  • Bad

Votes: 164 61.4%

• Total voters
It's just not my favorite. But I like to believe that the money they are saving by chintzing out on this campaign will be put to good use on the additions and expansions in the works! Trying to look on the bright side. Trying.

Brian Noble

I'm taking a wait-and-see attitude, but I think it's pretty neat. I have to admit I like it better than "Spend 20 minutes making a blanket for Project Linus and get free admission."

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I like the campaign (TV ads, etc).

From the test video, I am pretty sure I will like or at least have no problems with the videos on the castle.

I hated "The Announcement" though.

jt04

Someday it will just be another forgotten marketing campaign. But if we get to keep the castle projections (without guest pics in the long term) then I will remember this campaign fondly. Because there is no limit to how the new castle special effects can be used.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I think the actual ad campaign is a decent one. I think it will be successful at tugging at people's heartstrings.

I don't like the idea of projecting photopass pictures on to the castle though. It just seem like another attempt to boost photopass sales. The castle is so beautiful at night why clutter it up, even if it is just for a brief show. To me, its like putting a moustache on the Mona Lisa. :shrug:

GrumpyFan

I'm going to take a wait and see approach. I think it has potential in that they are involving guests in the campaign, and the test video on the castle looks promising.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
The plan is a good one, but Disney made it sound like there was some big new thing to be released yesterday. They go the hopes of the Disney die hards up and than let the air out.

MKCP 1985

Begin? What has been going on for the past 40 years? I mean, there aren't as many photos of the trips back in the 70s because film was more expensive and you couldn't just snap away, but still. . . I think the memories began before 2011.

Thrill Seeker

I like the concept, but the announcement, the photo projections and the lack of any recognition of the 40th are what turn me off of this campaign. The ads and photo upload ideas are good. The projection effects on the castle are pretty cool. The fact that there is no tie in whatsoever for the 40th anniversary of Walt Disney World is pretty messed up. It's like giving the older brother a party and not the younger.

Also, the photo projections on the castle look like a cheep powerpoint slide show. The rest of it is pretty cool though.

GLaDOS

The actual campaign is a great idea, although I must admit it says to me, "Hey! Be nostalgic for WDW's yesteryear, because things aren't gonna get much better!";):lol:

But the screensaver on the castle is a big fail, so I voted fail.

Eyorefan

I like the concept, but the announcement, the photo projections and the lack of any recognition of the 40th are what turn me off of this campaign. The ads and photo upload ideas are good. The projection effects on the castle are pretty cool. The fact that there is no tie in whatsoever for the 40th anniversary of Walt Disney World is pretty messed up. It's like giving the older brother a party and not the younger.

Also, the photo projections on the castle look like a cheep powerpoint slide show. The rest of it is pretty cool though.

I agree with most this. The concept is fine, but I don't like what they are doing with it. The family photos on the castle are just lame.

I'm not torn up about the lack of 40th mention. I don't remember a big celebration for DL's 40th - but I'm young, did I just miss it? If WDW's 50th comes and goes without a celebration I'll be ed.

wdwfan22

I agree with most this. The concept is fine, but I don't like what they are doing with it. The family photos on the castle are just lame.

I'm not torn up about the lack of 40th mention. I don't remember a big celebration for DL's 40th - but I'm young, did I just miss it? If WDW's 50th comes and goes without a celebration I'll be ed.

I still don't get the whole wanting to celebrate with a number theme. Walt Disney World did celebrate the 25th with the pink castle, Disneyland did celebrate 40 years with "40 Years of Adventure". Why is an anniversary celebration so important to so many people?

GLaDOS

I still don't get the whole wanting to celebrate with a number theme. Walt Disney World did celebrate the 25th with the pink castle, Disneyland did celebrate 40 years with "40 Years of Adventure". Why is an anniversary celebration so important to so many people?

Because it celebrates the rich history of the parks and celebrates a pretty exceptional milestone.

Plus, Disneyland's 40th got it Indiana Jones. Just saying...:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom