Official Disneyland Resort and good neighbor hotels reviews

SuddenStorm

April of 2019 I stayed a night at the Travelodge Inn & Suites by Wyndham Anaheim on Disneyland Dr. It was walking distance to the Mickey and Friends tram, less than $100/night, parking was included.

The rooms were clean and well maintained, I didn't feel gross at all- it was a pleasant surprised. The included breakfast was absolutely atrocious though, the Taco Bell off harbor and Ball would be a better option.

Well worth it if anyone wants a budget option.

TP2000

April of 2019 I stayed a night at the Travelodge Inn & Suites by Wyndham Anaheim on Disneyland Dr. It was walking distance to the Mickey and Friends tram, less than $100/night, parking was included.

The rooms were clean and well maintained, I didn't feel gross at all- it was a pleasant surprised. The included breakfast was absolutely atrocious though, the Taco Bell off harbor and Ball would be a better option.

Well worth it if anyone wants a budget option.

That's a winning ad campaign if I've ever heard one... Travelodge - You won't feel gross at all!

unmitigated disaster

I prefer using ART that has a stop in front of the Hotel. Why walk to catch the ART Route 20, when they have a bus that picks you up at the Hotel, and drops you off at the same location?

www,rideart.org
But you're ignoring that it might be quite a wait for a bus you can get on. If there's a huge job it might be 3 or 4 buses before you get on.

Staying across the street is more expensive, but worth it for just having to walk 5 or ten minutes and priceless if you're traveling with the elderly or little kids.

I have to say the Tropicana has had very friendly valets - and we've never driven. Cheerful and friendly and have never failed to say hello when we walk past.

Also the soda vending machine was only $2.25.

jencor

Great info. We just moved from Maryland to Arizona, so DL will be where we head more often and this information is helpful and well needed. Hotels are obviously a lot more in Anaheim. From a bit of research I have seen, many hotels are within walking distance from the parks, the question I have is how far are some in walking and how convenient when pushing a wheel chair?

Phroobar

Original Poster
Great info. We just moved from Maryland to Arizona, so DL will be where we head more often and this information is helpful and well needed. Hotels are obviously a lot more in Anaheim. From a bit of research I have seen, many hotels are within walking distance from the parks, the question I have is how far are some in walking and how convenient when pushing a wheel chair?
You might want to bring up Google maps and check. Most of them have shuttles.

truecoat

More than a couple of them are as close as walking across the street.

Darkbeer1

The entire Anaheim Resort area is ADA friendly with wide sidewalks. Plenty of cut curbs.

The biggest issue is traffic jams due to other wheeled vehicles, such as strollers, so be prepared to share the road, oops, sidewalks.

Atomicmickey

Last time we stayed at the Camelot Inn and Suites, and we were really happy there.
No complaints at all, and super close.

Anyone else stay there?

pektas

We just stayed at the Desert Palms Hotel and Suites from Jan 23-26 and I would highly recommend it. I got a ridiculously good price ($108/nt + $16 parking) which from looking seems to be kinda outta the ordinary as its more expensive every other time I look. It seemed to be recently renovated or something b/c the room we had was super clean and modern. The location of the hotel is great being right behind radiator springs makes for a quick ~10 min walk to the park. They have free breakfast included and the breakfast room is on the top floor with windows that allow you to see into California Adventure a bit.

TL;DR I highly recommend staying here, clean/updated rooms with a short walk to the gates

Last edited:

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
We just stayed at the Desert Palms Hotel and Suites from Jan 23-26 and I would highly recommend it. I got a ridiculously good price ($108/nt + $16 parking) which from looking seems to be kinda outta the ordinary as its more expensive every other time I look. It seemed to be recently renovated or something b/c the room we had was super clean and modern. The location of the hotel is great being right behind radiator springs makes for a quick ~10 min walk to the park. They have free breakfast included and the breakfast room is on the top floor with windows that allow you to see into California Adventure a bit.

TL;DR I highly recommend staying here, clean/updated rooms with a short walk to the gates

Sweet! I booked a two-bedroom suite for late May here. Liked the location and somewhere close for my mother to stay at with my youngest while the rest of the family plays in the parks.

Communicora

Premium Member
My sister and I stayed at the SunCoast Park Hotel for three nights last week. It was very fresh and clean and the rooms were thoughtfully designed, including plenty of outlets, a microwave and refrigerator. There was what appeared to be a cult gathering of extremely energetic young women doing chants in the lobby restaurant, but the sound didn't carry far and I heard they cleared out after the weekend.

For us, it was quite walkable, but it does feel a bit isolated. It's too bad we couldn't catch a ride on the cast shuttle. ;) The Hotel is part of Hilton. I joined their rewards program and got a slight discount on the room.

Last edited:

Darkbeer1

My sister and I stayed at the SunCoast Park Hotel for three nights last week. It was very fresh and clean and the rooms were thoughtfully designed, including plenty of outlets, a microwave and refrigerator. There was what appeared to be a cult gathering of extremely energetic young women doing chants in the lobby restaurant, but the sound didn't carry far and I heard they cleared out after the weekend.

For us, it was quite walkable, but it does feel a bit isolated. It's too bad we couldn't catch a ride on the cast shuttle. ;) The Hotel is part of Hilton. I joined their rewards program and got a slight discount on the room.

Alas, you came during Cheer/Dance season, where professional Cheer/Dance Companies offer competitions in Anaheim/Buena Park to take advantage of the weather early in the year, theme parks and holidays to get these groups to attend.

Glad to hear that Hotel had good soundproffing.

You knew that you could have caught a shuttle? ART Route 7 runs every 20 minutes. FYI, the bus stop is at the Hotel, it is listed under the SunCoast former name, Country Inn and Suites.

Communicora

Premium Member
Alas, you came during Cheer/Dance season, where professional Cheer/Dance Companies offer competitions in Anaheim/Buena Park to take advantage of the weather early in the year, theme parks and holidays to get these groups to attend.

Glad to hear that Hotel had good soundproffing.

You knew that you could have caught a shuttle? ART Route 7 runs every 20 minutes. FYI, the bus stop is at the Hotel, it is listed under the SunCoast former name, Country Inn and Suites.

Ahh. Thank you! We did spy that shuttle one night (after a walk that felt longer because of a wrenched ankle on main street), but we didn't know how it ended up at the hotel. The hotel would be wise to promote it more. We only saw signage for a shuttle to the convention center. We still had a great visit and I would stay there again the next time I am out of bonvoy points to use.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom