Official Disney Meeting Thread, Live Right Now!

Pat X

Originally posted by stingrock23
Does anyone know how the stock price has reacted so far today?

Thanks for posting up the right numbers.

Just say NO to Comcast

Disney stock fell ten cents to 26.66

Its a perfect time for Comcast to pounce. Eisner and the company is percieved as being weak right now and the no confidence vote reinforces that. They can increase their offer and make the argument that they can restore the Disney magic.

I don't believe them, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Pat X

That article on Comast is from Feb. 17. I've read that we can expect Comcast to come back with another offer. (Hopefully not, but they haven't given up yet) :brick:

Pat X

I wonder if we will hear anything new after the market closes? That is usually when "big" announcements are made? Something to think about.... :)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'm not sure Comcast could pull it off without help. Their stock price has fallen to something around $28-29/share recently, which means they have to offer more to get back to where they were, so to speak.

CTXRover

With a 43% disapproval vote, the board HAS to do something that will drastically change Eisner's role, either a complete removal or a splitting of his two jobs into a separate CEO and a separate Chairman. They really can't sweep this under the rug...that number is quite unprecendented, especially since he was NOT running against anyone. The board must act quickly to make a reasonable and efficient decision that shows the company is still strong and solid. Without some near immediate action (as in a few days at the most)...Disney will be once again ripe for ComCast's takeover. Although I'm excited to see so many shareholders vote against Eisner signaling a major change in Disney leadership, I am more worried right now about how susceptible Disney looks right now in terms of takeovers.

cherrynegra

OH MY GOD!!! I'm so stunned right now I can barely type this out. I cannot believe it!! :lol: I had to do a trial and we're on break now and I quickly jumped on the puter before restarting. I am sooooooooooooooo stunned right now. What will the Board do now?? They cannot ignore this.

NashvilleMouse

Looks like we may be heading to the worse of the two evils. Maybe we need to start making new bumper stickers:
"Save Disney... again. Vote no on Comcast!" :lookaroun

Pat X

Yea...but MANY analysts and other media pundits suggest it was the Save Disney campaign that attracted Comcast in the first place! :brick:

Thumper's Mom

Just heard this on cnbc.... "Calpers" has called for Eisner's resignation by the end of the year and Comcast is asking for more talks to discuss their "merger"

AHHH...does Eisner have the authority to make any agreements with Comcast?!

Pat X

Originally posted by Thumper's Mom
Comcast is asking for more talks to discuss their "merger"

AHHH...does Eisner have the authority to make any agreements with Comcast?!

No, it is Disney's board that makes that decision.

Carrousel Lover

Originally posted by Pat X
Yea...but MANY analysts and other media pundits suggest it was the Save Disney campaign that attracted Comcast in the first place! :brick:
I just don't buy that - I think it is part of the media suggestion to provide backlash to Gold and Disney for being whistleblowers. Remember Disney said they have know that they would be approached by Comcast. I beleive the Comcast bid reached the level it did because of the way Comcast was blown off when the call was made to Eisner. A week later Eisner said he was reading off of his screen a prepared statement since Disney knew it was coming. A lot of the information about Eisner and business practice may have been new to the general public but people in the industry have far reaching ears and I am sure Comcast has been following what has been happening at Disney for some time. I also think Disney and Gold were not taken that seriously but they conveniently got the word out that Comcast or others has known for sometime. They (Gold and Disney's) were more savvy than expected by making this a business (large investor) fight. This was surprising to many people. It wasn't all just "he won't let me play in his sandbox" stuff.

Let's be honest here we are dealing with HUGE egos - Eisner/Disney's initial response to Comcast by not at least bringing them to the table was the strategic mistake.

jcrb

I blieve the shareholders could proxie -

Example Gibson deal in 80's - I belive a large sharholder could get it rolling.

"Storming the Magic Kingdome "

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom