Official 24 Disney Side Party Thread

seahawk7

Any tips from 24 hour party veterans would be welcomed and appreciated.... Just not sure hoe to approach the day besides to pace myself..
We went to last years 24 hour party and will be at this one too! Deodorant is not a bad idea but you dont need to bring an extra shirt if you plan on buying one of the 24 hour souvenier tshirts. Drink lots of water, dont eat too many sweets and we always make a ressie at a buffet to eat lots of fruit. You can always catch a quick nap in The Hall of Presidents. Hey you are still in the park right?

okcthunder

Original Poster
I know no one knows for sure but speculate for me. Speculation hads 7DMT soft opening on this day, there is no possible way that it would be open around rope drop time is there?

Kman101

Personally, I think you just would have to be in the right place at the right time. I'm sure they expect people to rush there and they probably wouldn't want to let in slews of people hanging around the attraction. JMO.

I have a question too, but not about the coaster. I plan on getting there at 6 on Friday when they open and park at MK. I have some FP+ options and then mid-day/mid-morning I want to park hop to at least Epcot and maybe the Studios, so is there a certain time I should maybe try and get back to MK by if I don't want to somehow get 'locked out' lol?

seahawk7

Personally, I think you just would have to be in the right place at the right time. I'm sure they expect people to rush there and they probably wouldn't want to let in slews of people hanging around the attraction. JMO.

I have a question too, but not about the coaster. I plan on getting there at 6 on Friday when they open and park at MK. I have some FP+ options and then mid-day/mid-morning I want to park hop to at least Epcot and maybe the Studios, so is there a certain time I should maybe try and get back to MK by if I don't want to somehow get 'locked out' lol?
I`m not going to risk it by leaving. But I think 3 to 5? You know, beat the locals getting out of work and families who went back to their hotels to rest.

Kman101

I`m not going to risk it by leaving. But I think 3 to 5? You know, beat the locals getting out of work and families who went back to their hotels to rest.

I know, lol. I'm torn on actually leaving. I was thinking around 3-5 as well. I'd like to get to the Studios in the morning and look at the SWW merch and hit Epcot for a bit. Not really caring if I can ride anything at either place. Just want to walk around, take pictures. Wasn't able to get to either park a few weeks ago and I figure I'd take advantage of my really really long day.

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
We're driving up on the 23rd and I originally planned on going to Epcot. This 24 thingy has me curious though so we might hop over there for a bit. I'm gonna play it by ear. If the monorail over is slammed then I'll skip it. We planned on Sat being a Magic Kingdom day so hopefully it'll be less crowded than normal due to all you overnighters catching up on your sleep! :eek::) If you see a 5'2" redhead with Disney tats, say Hi!

okcthunder

Original Poster
We're driving up on the 23rd and I originally planned on going to Epcot. This 24 thingy has me curious though so we might hop over there for a bit. I'm gonna play it by ear. If the monorail over is slammed then I'll skip it. We planned on Sat being a Magic Kingdom day so hopefully it'll be less crowded than normal due to all you overnighters catching up on your sleep! :eek::) If you see a 5'2" redhead with Disney tats, say Hi!
Whatever you do don't go to Animal Kingdom on Saturday, high of 99 degrees yikes!

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
Whatever you do don't go to Animal Kingdom on Saturday, high of 99 degrees yikes!
I'm the rare breed know as Native Floridian...still don't like the heat! (I'll be at AK on Monday not that it'll be any better!)

Note to self and everyone else...pack your sunscreen! No, really! Nothing can ruin a vacation quicker than the boiler lobster look and on fair skin, that can be achieved in no time flat.

G8rchamps

Who else is hitting rope drop at MK Sat hoping on light crowds early? I'm afraid its just going to be slammed everywhere for the holiday...

FLmom

Trying to decide if we will go down for a bit on Friday early afternoon... and stay till we can't handle it any longer. Problem is we have two other must do things scheduled for Saturday starting at 10a so need some sleep. Plus I have to bake a dessert for our Saturday afternoon event. What to do what to do..

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
The fun starts at 6 AM May 23rd and doesn't end until 6 AM on May 24th.... Anyone else going? Perfect kickoff to an awesome vacation at Disney World!

Me, me, me!!!! What a way to kick off Star Wars weekend.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
We went to last years 24 hour party and will be at this one too! Deodorant is not a bad idea but you dont need to bring an extra shirt if you plan on buying one of the 24 hour souvenier tshirts. Drink lots of water, dont eat too many sweets and we always make a ressie at a buffet to eat lots of fruit. You can always catch a quick nap in The Hall of Presidents. Hey you are still in the park right?

Already bought my shirt. Going to wear that with my Disney pj bottoms and comfortable shoes. Thanks for the nap hint at Hall of Presidents. If you hear someone snoring, it's my daughter. LOL ;)

okcthunder

Original Poster
Already bought my shirt. Going to wear that with my Disney pj bottoms and comfortable shoes. Thanks for the nap hint at Hall of Presidents. If you hear someone snoring, it's my daughter. LOL ;)
Is Hall of Presidents best Nap place or is Carousel of Progress?

AlexPorter

I'm trying to find an old Disney world video it was a lot like the 2005 HCOE planning dvd. It had 4 families, one average family that stayed in the animal kingdom lodge, an African American couple that focused on honeymoon activities, 3 girlfriends that focused on adult activities like going to clubs, then one family that was with grandparents and little kids, they ended the video all watching the fireworks. Im really mad I can't find it anywhere has anyone else seen this?

RiceCrispyMickey

I'm trying to find an old Disney world video it was a lot like the 2005 HCOE planning dvd. It had 4 families, one average family that stayed in the animal kingdom lodge, an African American couple that focused on honeymoon activities, 3 girlfriends that focused on adult activities like going to clubs, then one family that was with grandparents and little kids, they ended the video all watching the fireworks. Im really mad I can't find it anywhere has anyone else seen this?

I feel like I've watched this on YouTube, but I don't remember the family with grandparents and little kids so maybe I'm thinking of a different video. Give YouTube a try tho

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom