Official 2020 College Football Thread!!!!

Lilofan

OSU QB's Fields received a crushing blow to the ribs in the last game. He was expected to be early round draft pick. Others who expect to be early round draft picks from other teams have sat out their bowl games. Fields should have done the same.

Dad 2 M & M

OSU QB's Fields received a crushing blow to the ribs in the last game. He was expected to be early round draft pick. Others who expect to be early round draft picks from other teams have sat out their bowl games. Fields should have done the same.
He increased his Draft stock by playing and performing in the manner he did.

Prior to the Sugar Bowl, a few mocks had him in the teens....now few have him lower than #4

Dad 2 M & M

A few CFP Notes:

First Time EVER
1) Rose Bowl Winner wins the Championship
2) Team wearing their Home Color Wins the CFP Championship (LSU wore White last year, as did ALL previous champions)

The Last 2 CFPs
- the favorite won the CFP Final....hard to believe LSU’s victory last year was the first time the #1 Seed won the Championship....Bama did the same tonight
- the Lower Seed had won every Championship Final until #1 LSU beat #3 Clemson last year, and #1 Bama beat, ironically #3 Ohio State

NEVER NEVER NEVER
- #3 Seed has NEVER Won the CFP Championship and is 0-3 in the Final ('18 Georgia, '20 Clemson, '21 Ohio State)
- Only the Semi-Final Orange Bowl has NEVER produced the CFP Champion ....all other Semis have produced the eventual Champion

Bama
- Has won the CFP as the #1, #2, and #4 Seed

Want to hear the biggest statement about Bama?

EVERY CFP Champion is either BAMA, or the team that beat BAMA that year.......you either have to BE BAMA OR BEAT BAMA

CFP Champions
'14 OSU - beat Bama in Sugar (Semi-Final)
'15 Bama
'16 Clemson - beat Bama in Final
'17 Bama
'18 Clemson - beat Bama in Final
'19 LSU - beat Bama to keep them out of CFP
'20 Bama

SEC
4 of the 7 CFP Champions
7 CFP Finalists (2014 was the only year no SEC team made the Final; 2017 had 2 SEC Teams in Final)
3 Different Teams have Won a CFP Game, 2 Have Won Championship
2 #1 Seeds have won the CFP......LSU last Year and Bama tonight

Southern Football

Ohio State finally broke the ACC/SEC stronghold in the CFP by beating Clemson this year....it was the first time another coni won a game since the CFP’s inaugural tournament

- Bama sooooo wanted Ohio State......

One last note.......Auburn

Auburn is the ONLY team to beat Bama in the CFP era and NOT win the Championship that year....and they've done it twice

in '17 Auburn beat Bama to keep Bama out of the SEC Championship, but Bama went and Won the CFP anyway....just needed that extra week off

Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

the CFP is going to have challenges moving forward:

Same 5 Teams
- Bama, OSU, Clemson, Oklahoma, and Notre Dame seem to have a stronghold on bids....especially when Notre reverts back to Independent
- SEC/ACC Power ..... More specifically , the SEC , Clemson and OSU
- Lack if Competitive Final Game....The Past 3 Finals had a CLEARLY superior team...this shouldn’t happen in the Final Game every year:
‘18 - Bama was CLEARLY inferior and had no shot against Clemson
‘19 - Clemson was somewhat competitive, but LSU victory was not in doubt
‘20 - OSU hung around til the middle of the 2nd qtr, but that was it

This Year as well as last, Bama and LSU played each game as if it was just another Saturday...

both had only a couple of mild challenges en route to the Title...

How does the CFP even get competitive again? Of the last 9 games, only last year’s Fiesta Bowl wasn’t a blowout

Dad 2 M & M

Last 3 CFPs
Orange - Bama smokes Okie
Cotton- Clemson smokes Notre Dame
Final - Bama no business in game with Clemson
Peach - LSU plays scrimmage game with Okie
Fiesta - Clemson squeaks by OSU
Final - LSU easily beats Clemson
Rose - Bama pounds Notre Dame
Sugar - OSU squashs Clemson n revenge game
Final - Bama manhandles OSU

The issue isn’t just lack of competitiveness, its that coupled with the Big Boys now have all shown a real stinker game now...even Bama and Clemson get beat badly

So, Mac Jones announced he is going to leave Alabama and go for the NFL draft. There are mixed reviews online about his draft stock, but in my opinion he is the same as Joe Burrow. He languished behind Tua and Hurts to get his chance and when it was given, he responded mightily. Of course he had the Heisman winner catching passes, but the ball had to be placed where Smith could catch it. I did not follow Bama during the year, but did see the Championship game, and he looked great to me.

Dad 2 M & M

So, Mac Jones announced he is going to leave Alabama and go for the NFL draft. There are mixed reviews online about his draft stock, but in my opinion he is the same as Joe Burrow. He languished behind Tua and Hurts to get his chance and when it was given, he responded mightily. Of course he had the Heisman winner catching passes, but the ball had to be placed where Smith could catch it. I did not follow Bama during the year, but did see the Championship game, and he looked great to me.
He's Very Good, but no Joe Burrow. I'd be surprised if he is drafted before #15 by New England, and if not maybe Chicago at 20. For either to happen, all 4 other Qbs would have to be off the board. Obviously Lawrence, Fields and Wilson will be gone, but Trey Lance could fall to New England. New England could be looking at Kyle Pitts as well.

Joe Burrrow's Senior year might have been an aberration, but his skill set is still higher than Jones...... with that said, Jones could be the next Tom Brady....who knows.

I'd guess he lands in the 2nd round, maybe early in that round if Atlanta or Carolina don't draft a QB in the Top 10 and can't see him slipping much further than Minnesota or Pittsburgh later in the Round

Last edited:

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Just wanted to come here and say Roll Tide!
Also, 2018 BAMA no business in the championship game? Stay off drugs please. Multiple people hurt, lots of distractions with coaches trying to get jobs. It was a recipe for disaster.
Mac Jones is not the runner Burrow was. Mac Jones is more accurate though and has a better pocket presence. So that basically negates Burrows running ability. The NFL is not my thing though and execs may want Jones for different reasons that we can talk about.

Dad 2 M & M

Just wanted to come here and say Roll Tide!
Also, 2018 BAMA no business in the championship game? Stay off drugs please. Multiple people hurt, lots of distractions with coaches trying to get jobs. It was a recipe for disaster.
Mac Jones is not the runner Burrow was. Mac Jones is more accurate though and has a better pocket presence. So that basically negates Burrows running ability. The NFL is not my thing though and execs may want Jones for different reasons that we can talk about.
Where you been bro? Been gone the ENTIRE time Bama was down? Don't recall one post from you in the 2019 thread.

And those coaches (with Saban's boot in their rear end) where certainly looking for jobs AFTER, not BEFORE that performance in Santa Clara.

Multiple people hurt, lots of distractions is those team's from the other Conferences annual excuse(s)

Mac had a great year behind a great OL....hopefully he will do well in the Pros........not being a high draft choice could land him in a solid organization

Anywho, welcome back

Last edited:

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Where you been bro? Been gone the ENTIRE time Bama was down? Don't recall one post from you in the 2019 thread.

And those coaches (with Saban's boot in their rear end) where certainly looking for jobs AFTER, not BEFORE that performance in Santa Clara.

Multiple people hurt, lots of distractions is those team's from the other Conferences annual excuse(s)

Mac had a great year behind a great OL....hopefully he will do well in the Pros........not being a high draft choice could land him in a solid organization

Anywho, welcome back
If I didn’t have inside knowledge, I would normally agree. It was a bit of turmoil inside, with one coach, Dan Enos, just disappearing. Mostly, you’re right, but BAMA did belong. Just played our worst game at the worst time of the season. Hats off to them.

I took some time away from things, this included. I’m definitely going to be back for 2021. Mac should go late first round. BAMA could tie the all time first round record that Miami has. Super Bowl pick?

21stamps

Original Poster
Hi just wanted to not go out like a sore loser 😂

Congrats to Bama on the title.

Congrats to OSU for facing so much adversity and still making it to the championship.
—and Ryan Day, who is doing an amazing job, imo.

Dad 2 M & M

Hi just wanted to not go out like a sore loser 😂

Congrats to Bama on the title.

Congrats to OSU for facing so much adversity and still making it to the championship.
—and Ryan Day, who is doing an amazing job, imo.
The 3 Usual Suspects will be back, with only 1 spot open......

Every now and then an LSU or MSU will supplant, but don't see that happening next year

Can there EVER be a challenge in the ACC?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom