Off-topic (one last time!!): Caribbean Princess tour.

ChuckElias

Original Poster
If you like these posts, awesome. If you hate them because they're not Disney, I honestly apologize. And you can breathe a little easier, because I don't have any more ship tours scheduled until April (Boston cruise port shuts down for the winter). But then in April, I'll have new photos of the Magic!! Yay!!!

Anyway, here are a few of the Princess ship I was on yesterday. As always, if you'd like to see all of the 130 or so pictures, just let me know and I'll send you a link.

The Atrium:

The Main Theater:

Very cool interactive activities guide. Like your Daily Navigator. Only huge and you can look at any activity for any day of your sailing.

Inside Sabatini's, the upcarge Italian restaurant.

Explorer's Lounge. Music acts at night, trivia and activities during the day.

Decor of the Explorer Lounge.

One of the two main pools, with the big screen for Movies Under the Stars:

Ok, that's probably enough for this thread. Hope you like them. If you want to see more, let me know. (No staterooms, though. Sorry. They didn't let us into any.)

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Is it weird boarding a ship knowing you aren’t going anywhere?
Honestly, no. It's just for work. I like seeing the different lines. I've actually stayed a ship (the Adventure of the Seas) for one night, while it remained ported in Bayonne. They're not allowed to do a "Cruise to Nowhere" anymore, so this was their way of giving us a cruise experience. That was pretty fun.

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Forgot to mention this! This ship is part of the Medallion Class, which means that you get an RFID medallion to wear, instead of carrying a room key card. It unlocks your door, makes your purchases, just like a key card on DCL. But when paired with the Princess app, you can order drinks from anywhere on the ship and have them delivered so you never have to leave the pool area; and you can also locate other people in your party with it.

Lilofan

Forgot to mention this! This ship is part of the Medallion Class, which means that you get an RFID medallion to wear, instead of carrying a room key card. It unlocks your door, makes your purchases, just like a key card on DCL. But when paired with the Princess app, you can order drinks from anywhere on the ship and have them delivered so you never have to leave the pool area; and you can also locate other people in your party with it.

View attachment 414579
Some Disney execs who developed the Magic Bands jumped ship and went over to Caribbean to develop the RFID items.

Maelstrom Troll

Excellent decor all around but that Explorer lounge looks like a cool place to chill. My favorite themed DCL bar is the Cadillac Lounge (not quite the same as the above) but an Indiana Jones-esc tie in would be really neat.
I am a little cruise ship obsessed so I think it’a great that you share pics. As far as I’m concerned keep em coming.

C&D

It's nice to see how the other half (other cruise lines) live. My wife and I just got back from a Carnival Cruise that was supposed to go to Bermuda (out of Charleston; we live about 8 miles from the terminal). Well, it didn't work out so well even though the ship was fine. We happened to book a year and a half in advance and picked the only week that the Bermuda destination was rerouted due to Humberto. It was a disappointed trip to Nassau which we avoid even when cruising Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom