Of these what's your favorite (current or defunct) RunDisney event?

What's Your Favorite (current or defunct) RunDisney Event?

• The Walt Disney World Marathon/Half

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • The Disneyworld Princess Half Marathon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Wine and Dine Half

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • The Tinkerbell Half

• The Avengers Half

• The Tower of Terror 10k

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Disneyland Star Wars (Rebel) Half

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • The Everest Challenge

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lukacseven

I think Chip & Dale was the marathon relay. They were also allowing runners to do the W&D relay AND the half. So you hit the relay point, remove your relay chip and keep going. Don't think they allowed that for the marathon.
They pulled the leg 1 runners off the course at the exchange point. The exchange zone was in the parking lot where you entered the race track. They had a DJ a scaled down version of the finish line and then had 6-8 chutes set up. When you saw your teammate exit the course and turn into the park lot area there was about a 200 yard straight away, runner 2 moved up to the front of their chute and could tag/hug/whatever after their teammate finished teammate. Runner 2 then ran around a short loop and back along the straight away. Once you merged back with the marathon course, the actual start of the leg was a timing mat about 50 yards further up.

Texas84

They pulled the leg 1 runners off the course at the exchange point. The exchange zone was in the parking lot where you entered the race track. They had a DJ a scaled down version of the finish line and then had 6-8 chutes set up. When you saw your teammate exit the course and turn into the park lot area there was about a 200 yard straight away, runner 2 moved up to the front of their chute and could tag/hug/whatever after their teammate finished teammate. Runner 2 then ran around a short loop and back along the straight away. Once you merged back with the marathon course, the actual start of the leg was a timing mat about 50 yards further up.

I wasn't able to do the relay but I do remember the annoying exchange point announcement over and over again as I ran past. Just like the "Attention runners. Speed bump ahead" announcements. :D

JasonDeyoung

I chose Everest Challenge because it was my first ever race and was such a fun event. It was much different than the other runDisney events which made it special. I only ran it twice (the final two years). I just hope they bring something like it back one day. I would have probably chose ToT 10miler except the year I was gonna sign up, they "suspeded" it. Wine & Dine I think could be my fav and it was defianitly on pace to be! Until it got cut short so I missed doing my first 1/2 lol. I will give that one another try some day though. I'm going to Star Wars Darkside and a good feeling that will be my favorite event. I will be signing up for the WDW 1/2 in January for my first 1/2 (again) so that one will have a special place. So many races that have a special meaning.

Greenlawler

Original Poster
I have been thinking about this more I have reconsidered, I really like the DL race more because we love the DL hotel and the parks for a change of pace. I voted mainly for that and not the race....haha. Based solely on the races and race events I would agree the WDW Marathon Weekend is my favorite, so I changed my vote, even though I still love my Dumbo Double Dare!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom