Odyssey Center

BoarderPhreak

It sure is pretty at night, though.

L1009141.jpg

L1009693.jpg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
As shown in the video, it was interesting to see that they used to have the Disney characters entertain and interact with the guests, in a quick service location. That must have been fun for the guests back then.

The Empress Lilly

I've always thought the Odyssey a bit of a strange outlier. A bit redundant, not really fitting. It also clashed with my sense of symmetry.
tr17.gif

'Back when' I did miss some counter service options in WS, so for this the Odyssey was good.

The Empress Lilly

Half of it's on legs suspended above the lake.
That pretty much sums me up after some sake at Japan...

I thought you would start about hexagons somehow being synonymous with futuristic fast food back then, as bewteen 71 and 82 on three separate occasions WDW decided on a multiples of hexagons floor plan for two TL and one FW restaurant. Always wondered what that was about.

A bit akin to how somehow 'big gears' became synonymous with futurism in mid-90s Disney TL & FW design.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That pretty much sums me up after some sake at Japan...

I thought you would start about hexagons somehow being synonymous with futuristic fast food back then, as bewteen 71 and 82 on three separate occasions WDW decided on a multiples of hexagons floor plan for two TL and one FW restaurant. Always wondered what that was about.

A bit akin to how somehow 'big gears' became synonymous with futurism in mid-90s Disney TL & FW design.
Hexagons = future.

Goofyernmost

The need for this restaurant wasnt there... then why are they building a new restaurant? Im excited for the space theme. But i miss this being open.
I think it had more to do with location, location, location! I always cut across by WoM to World Showcase back in the day and always used the Odyssey to have lunch. I guess most went down the middle and went to the Right toward Canada, etc. Many people I talked to didn't even know that there was a restaurant there.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The need for this restaurant wasnt there... then why are they building a new restaurant? Im excited for the space theme. But i miss this being open.
It certainly was there.

That’s why Electric Umbrella had the upper floor squeezed in when it closed.

Many people I talked to enjoyed it.

Bender123

It certainly was there.

That’s why Electric Umbrella had the upper floor squeezed in when it closed.

Many people I talked to enjoyed it.

The main reason I rarely ever went there was that there were so many better places to eat just a couple steps away...Even as a younger kid, I would rather have had food in any of the World Showcase nations. I still miss it, because its just a bathroom, now. I just hate that its another empty building that used to house something that isn't there anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom