October trip, no Promotions??!

Respo12

Hey all, I am planning on taking a trip from Oct. 8th - the 13th which is when i have off of work, and it looks like I can't get any sort of promo for that time. The dining plan only goes to the 4th and resumes on the 19th, and the 30% off (which is what I really want) ends sept. 29th. Any advice? if I wait, might there be another special offer that will pop up? is that week super busy by the way? thanks in advance!

lebeau

Hey all, I am planning on taking a trip from Oct. 8th - the 13th which is when i have off of work, and it looks like I can't get any sort of promo for that time. The dining plan only goes to the 4th and resumes on the 19th, and the 30% off (which is what I really want) ends sept. 29th. Any advice? if I wait, might there be another special offer that will pop up? is that week super busy by the way? thanks in advance!

That room discount my get extended into Oct. But if free dining wasn't offered on your dates, the room discount might be blacked out even if it is extended. That's Columbus Day. Other people are going to be off work too. That means Disney might not need to offer incentives.

Best bet is to cross your fingers. Hopefully the discount wasn't make or break for your trip.

Here's what the TP Crowd Calendar says about your dates:

Mon, October 8, 2012 6 out of 10 MK HS Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party / Columbus Day
Tue, October 9, 2012 5 out of 10 MK EP
Wed, October 10, 2012 7 out of 10 HS MK
Thu, October 11, 2012 3 out of 10 EP HS Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Fri, October 12, 2012 5 out of 10 MK EP Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Sat, October 13, 2012 8 out of 10 AK EP

Not too bad. Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

It sure would be nice if a room discount was offered for October. I'll be at the Poly during the free dining promo, yet my category isn't available for the discount :(. Oh well, such is life but a room discount would be wonderful!!!

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

If there are existing discounts that have those dates blacked out, odds are you won't see any other publicly announced discounts. AAA is most likely going to be your best bet if you are eligible. With it being F&W fest, and Columbus day, they may not feel the need to do any discounts then.

Upvote 0

lebeau

How do you decipher that crowd calendar? lol thank you for your advice

10 is bad (crowded)
1 is good (empty)

The rest is supplemental. The first abbreviation is their recommendation for best park. The second is the park they recommend you avoid. After that, it's notes on MNSSHP and Columbus Day.

Upvote 0

tracyandalex

It's too soon for the October discounts, I think. There is the one until 9/29 right now and there is a Florida resident one until 8/14. Perhaps after the 8/14 one ends there will be another one. That being said, the free dining may hurt the chances of that a little bit.

Upvote 0

emcclay

You can always call WDW and see if there is a pin code in your name. I went Columbus Day week last October and actually had a 15% off room rate pin code.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom